Pacific Alaska, California, Hawaii, Oregon and Washington

93formula

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 08:24 PM

93formula

Ok what is the price on a LT1/T56 Engine/Tranny combo,and would i be able t place my rpm air gap on the engine /it is for a 87 target engine/350/.

plus all the specs plz thanks remember me/ only works at mcd cause well my landscaping bussiness out in kelwona is falling apart.

thanx shadow
Old 06-26-2004, 09:59 PM

you could have just pmed me or emailed me, but the price for the lt1/t56 i would have let go for 2500. but you cant use any of that rpm air gap stuff on it, youd have to go fuel injected.

and im not sure if anyone up in salmon arm would be competant enough to handle such a swap and trouble shoot a lt1 motor.

personally for you and your salary your better off staying with your sbc stuff, unless you have the dough and want to swap. then all you have to do is show me the money!!!
Old 06-27-2004, 04:11 PM

My dad is a GM tech, he is the foman down in town. is there any prices that are hidden do i need to buy any wiring any new drive shaft addaptions? will my motor mounts have to be moved?

could you get some pictures of it.

and horse power and torque rating. can you get the compression ratio, the heads, what type of intake it has already.

i'm typing this up for shadowlord69 via phone cause he lives way outta town and doesn't have the internet.

P.S. it'll probally cost just as much to do the swap as to rebuild my engine. and the lp1 is alot more reliable than my target master engine is.

will my t10 4 speed hook up to your lt1?
Old 06-27-2004, 11:43 PM

for the driveshaft youll need to shorten yours or get a mustang one that bolts up, im not sure which one but i got it bookmarked somewhere on my computer. but if you use your tranny then you wont have to touch it.

for wiring ill include either a 93 pcm or a 97 pcm. the 97 pcm youll need a tuner to program it and youll need to find a maf, for the 93 pcm you can burn chips for it. for both pcms youll need to delete the VATS. i also have a brand new plug and play accel dfi setup that will run the engine as a stand alone. but that will cost you another grand.

motor mounts are standard SBC.

youll also want to delete the AC compressor as it will hit the subframe, so youll need a 1le ac delete pulley. youll also have to fab up some lines to the power steering unit on your car from the pump off the lt1. then youll also have to redo your fuel lines and get a electric fuel pump.

if your 4 speed t10 bolted up to a sbc it should bolt up to a lt1.

i dont have any pics of it, looks like any other lt1.

horse power and torque rating will depend on what cam you decide to go with. standard ratings were 275-285hp and 325tq. compression is 10.5:1, heads are LT1 heads, and intake is lt1 intake.

Last edited by 93formula; 06-28-2004 at 02:40 AM.