Outside of United States Canada and Other Countries

Importing European Camaro in Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM

I'm not sure what all you've done to your car or if it would be hard to sell over there, but I'd think if you get a decent price for your car you can move over here and buy a different one. A 2002 maybe? It seems like that would be the more cost effective route. Z28's are pretty common in the U.S., maybe not as much in Canada but you can find one in the U.S. pretty damn cheap.

Check the For Sale section of this site or try www.autotrader.com and search and you'll see what I mean. Just to give you an idea of prices, put in a random zip code and then do a search for the car using "any distance". Try something like 48150 or 48111 or 48104 for zip codes. Those are valid zip codes for a few different cities in Michigan, U.S.A.

Or you can click this link : Auto Trader It's sorted by price with the highest price cars listed first. Page 12 is cars around $19,000 U.S. Check this car out: 2002 Camaro Z28

Last edited by 94_Z28_ragtop; 01-10-2003 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM

if you can get it into the states Canada still wont take it, there will always be the paper trail.
but what do i know, i thought all you had to do was pay to have the out of province check done befor you could get local plates.

for the cost of bringing it over and doing what has t obe done to it, i'm sure you could find one exactly the same here and end up costing less. dotn know if thats an option you want, but might be the only one.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:38 PM

it's a pain in the @#$ but I think it can be done with alot of paperwork and crap. You don't want to talk with the custom's inspectors to try to get something you already know they will reject. Your best bet (in my opinion) is call and talk with a freight forwarder and/or a logistics company concerning your import. I just finished importing a few vehicles from Germany made to European specifications into both the States and into Canada without any modifications to any vehicle. If you are seriously interested feel free to contact me and I'll pass on a few names and numbers of a few people that helped me out.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:26 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Angry

well i did what mike did, i called the ministry. it is like mike said, pay to return it to europe, and/or destroy (not an option!)

oh the politics!!!
Old 01-11-2003, 06:41 PM

I don't know if this will help or not,My boss at work was telling me today that his brother in law has a car called a PUMA??? He imported it from some other country into the U.S. by dismanteling just about the entire car.Sent the motor in one crate,sent some body parts in another,and sent the tub in another one.Then somehow he said that it was titled in the U.S. as an assembled vehicle?? Don't know any more than that.Does'nt sound like it is the most cost effective option either.Has anyone ever heard of this before???

James