New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

New from Texas...

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:27 PM

Question New from Texas...

Im a 24/m/tx. I have always loved the Camaro and have always wanted to be a poud owner of one. I have yet to fulfill that dream. I have found a 99 Z28 and I'm not sure exactly what i should pay for it and was hoping for some help. It is pewter with an ss hood, custom exhaust and a few other things. It has 147K on the odometer. The dealer wants 8k for it and I thought that was a little high considering the mileage. What do you guys think?? Is there something I can look for Mechanicaly to determine if I should go for it or walk away??? Thanks..
Old 10-26-2008, 07:50 AM

Welcome. What part of tx u from? Im in San Marcos.

To answer your question I wouldnt rule it out because it does have the premium LS1 motor in it but do some more looking first. You could find the same car cheaper if your patient. Personally Im part of the LTX family which are also good motors but old school. If you go to austin-f-body.com their are guys selling LS1 and LT1 cars on there for less and or same ball park but with better mi. JMO

Hopefully this will spin u in the right direction.

sean
Old 10-30-2008, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by blkz2832
It has 147K on the odometer. The dealer wants 8k for it
Did you laugh at him???

Way too high on the price for the miles. Maybe prices are high in your area?

Out here in EP, prices are higher for LS1s than in other markets. So I just buy on the net. One I had shipped out here, the other I flew out to pick it up, drove it back. Saved huge over what I would have paid locally.

Just be as cold and calculating as you can. Can be tough to do, but you have to be disciplined or you risk getting a bad deal. Be patient and you'll score your Camaro and feel good about the deal you got.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:43 PM

Thanks for the opinions guys. I am in the Abilene area. The car sold very quick and it turns out, that the car was owned by a guy who collects them. The car had a few goodies on it. I had driven an 06 GTO a week prior to the Camaro and the Camaro seemed to have a little more power. I will definetly keep looking around.