New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

Greetings Camaro lovers!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM

Greetings Camaro lovers!

I too have an almost unnatural affection for the little F-Body. I've owned three new ones over the years and after much thought and comparison have decided that my 2002 SS is my favorite. I knew that the general was phasing out my old friend so decided to order one from the factory if I could find a willing dealer. I had decided to try to find a SS "stripper" if I could. Heck, I didn't even want a radio or a heater if I could delete it and I knew nothing even remotely resembling one was going to be found sitting brand new on a lot. Finally Terry Lee Chevy in Cincinnati agreed to work with me but warned that he didn't think strippers really even existed anymore. He turned out to be mostly right but I did manage to order a red SS Z-28, cloth seats(I wanted vinyl), hard top(please no convertabile or T's for my little racer), a six speed with Hurst linkage(yep, they actually let me choose Hurst), and a rear defogger delete. The SS package included a couple other upgrades too and I must admit all in all its a pretty good ride.

The next thing I decided to do was the hardest since I had always pretty much driven the snot out of my chevys. I put the car away. Just locked her right up in the garage and took her out on pretty days. Shes logged just under 4100 miles, and never seen a raindrop or snowflake and, you know what, she gets more fun to drive with each passing year as her rarity and overall condition tend to stand out a little extra.

Now I have to admit that on an occasion or two somebody remarked that if I'd done the same thing to a Corvette that I would have something special and they were probably right. But, I do love my car and I am looking forward to reading similar stories as I become familiar with this website.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:31 PM
Admin Emeritus

Welcome!
Old 04-26-2010, 06:34 PM

too long - did not read

welcome to the site

post some pictures so we can see the ride, and maybe a mod list that is not 6 paragraphs, lol :P