New Member Introduction Along with the new Camaro, there will be plenty of new members. Introduce yourself!

'90rs/'10ls

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 07:50 PM

'90rs/'10ls

Greetings from Hoosierland!!

My wife and I are both big Camaro fans and have two in our garage.

One is a 1990 Blue RS with about 50k. It's mostly original (new paint and some other parts, but basically unaltered) and doesn't get driven much. We are planning on getting it into some shows again next summer, though.

The other is a brand new LS with the "Bumblebee" look. My '99 Monte was getting a bit long in the tooth (about 200k) and I was in need of a new daily driver (I drive 70 miles minimum a DAY) with comparable gas mileage. We checked out two of our local Chevy dealerships looking for the base model Camaro (why go any higher...this car'll have 200k on it when I'm done with it, too! :P ) and I found a sweet lookin' red one I was prepared to take home...until!!

My wife doesn't like red cars and my three year old daughter was convinced we were there to get the "robot" car. I mentioned that Optimus Prime is red and she promptly reminded me the Optimus is "NOT a car!". So, I asked the salesman if he had any Yellow LS's w/black stripes (I don't think they come like that from the factory, so I figured he would check and then I'd come home with the red one). Sure enough, he found one at a dealership about two hours away and said he'd have it there the next day.

The look on my daughters face the next day was COMPLETELY worth the wait!!! She ran to our van to get her booster seat and claimed the seat behind the driver seat as her own. Suffice it to say, she's been there a LOT the last few weeks!!! When I took her to pre-school in it the first time, she ran in and dragged all the kids to the window to see "her" car.

As for my wife...it's been fun listening to her come up with excuses to drive it instead of her van (something that NEVER happened when I had the Monte). Cute.

Well, the bottom line is....my girls were 100% right in insisting on getting "Bumblebee". He DOES have a LOT to live up to as my Monte went 200k with a MINIMUM of issues (best car I've ever owned), but it's safe to say our new friend is very much a part of the family already.

Look forward to getting to know all of you!!

21/16
Old 01-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Admin Emeritus

That's an awesome introduction. Pics some pics of the cars! In 1990, I wanted a new Camaro RS pretty bad.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:44 PM

yeah, great story man. Post some pics.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:57 PM

im still trying to get a 1990 RS from connecticut. lol. at least young kids will remember how the camaro was because of a fun movie.