New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

What happened to nefbody.org? tuner needed.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 08:03 PM

What happened to nefbody.org? tuner needed.

Hey, I am building a Datsun 280Z with an LT1/T56 and my son has a 95 LT1/T56 Formula.
Last winter I had bookmarked some threads on the nefbody.org of a highly reccomended LT1 tuner in Seekonk MA but don't remember his name or what the place was called.
I am dropping in the motor and trans into the Z in the next couple of weeks and wanted to locate this guy about a tune and a shortened driveshaft.
Anybody know of this guy or his shop?
Can anyboby recommend anybody else in the Norton, Attleboro, Taunton, Brockton etc. areas?
Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-06-2007, 09:39 PM

Dez Racing is prolly what u are talking about....

nefbody.org got shut down i believe in Feb... too many stupid fights and idiotic people... people stopped posting and that was that... me and 2 other ex - nefbody members were going to make a new club called mass f-body but that never took off....
Old 08-06-2007, 11:00 PM

Thanks, I couldn't find any programming or tuning services for LT1 motors but I guess it is worth a call. Definately looks like they are into their Ford Mudstains!
Greg
Old 08-07-2007, 03:44 PM

Dez Racing wont touch LT1's... already asked!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:52 PM

I would get a tunercat or LT1edit and do it yourself. You can also try a mail order tune.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:41 AM

What kind of tuning do you need done? How aggressive are the setups?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:27 PM

The motor is stock but once I get it in I will need the VATS deleted and all the smog stuff at least removed, not sure what else but I guess for a standard stand alone application.
I will check somemore with the guys at HybridZ.org for all the details, there is nobody from Hybrid Z in my area with an LT1, there are plenty on the forum arouund the country but I will be the first LT1 Datsun 280Z in New England.
So I am going solo and am learning as I am from the old skool with Carbs etc. FI and computers are a little intimidating right now, so was looking for a little assistance in wiring and tuning this motor.
Thanks,
Greg
Old 08-09-2007, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by gvincent
The motor is stock but once I get it in I will need the VATS deleted and all the smog stuff at least removed, not sure what else but I guess for a standard stand alone application.
I will check somemore with the guys at HybridZ.org for all the details, there is nobody from Hybrid Z in my area with an LT1, there are plenty on the forum arouund the country but I will be the first LT1 Datsun 280Z in New England.
So I am going solo and am learning as I am from the old skool with Carbs etc. FI and computers are a little intimidating right now, so was looking for a little assistance in wiring and tuning this motor.
Thanks,
Greg
I can help with the smog stuff, but with the 280Z... your on your own with the wiring and stuff.
Old 08-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Thanks for your offer with tuning, I haven't dropped the motor in yet, and after I do I will attempt to get the wiring completed. At that point can I give you a call for assistance in getting it started, I know it will run in limp mode at least until I program all the other stiff out, I will pay you for your time if you think you can help. The Guys at HybridZ.org have come up with a list of things to be programmed out or deleted and other settings to get it started and running. I just don't have a laptop or LT1edit etc. I am fairly close by in Norton by the Tweeter Center and Wheaton College.
Thanks,
Greg

Originally Posted by RealQuick
I can help with the smog stuff, but with the 280Z... your on your own with the wiring and stuff.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 PM

Thanks for your offer with tuning, I haven't dropped the motor in yet, and after I do I will attempt to get the wiring completed. At that point can I give you a call for assistance in getting it started, I know it will run in limp mode at least until I program all the other stiff out, I will pay you for your time if you think you can help. The Guys at HybridZ.org have come up with a list of things to be programmed out or deleted and other settings to get it started and running. I just don't have a laptop or LT1edit etc. I am fairly close by in Norton by the Tweeter Center and Wheaton College.
Thanks,
Greg
No worries dude, glad to help. As long as you have a 94-95 OBD1 pcm I can tweak it a little. I'd prefer if you got a base tune to get the thing running, then I can help ya tweak it from there if you want.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:40 PM

Any suggestions on a base tune?
Mail Order I guess is the way to go?
PCMAmerica?
PCMforless?
Lt1350?
Do you know the ones on Ebay? Auto Computer Technologies?
It is hared filterig through these forums to see whom everybody prefers or recommends.
I really appreciate the offer to help tweak.
Do you need any audio tuning? I am an Audio engineer and can help you tweak an audio system.
Thanks,
Greg

No worries dude, glad to help. As long as you have a 94-95 OBD1 pcm I can tweak it a little. I'd prefer if you got a base tune to get the thing running, then I can help ya tweak it from there if you want.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:15 PM

Any suggestions on a base tune?
Mail Order I guess is the way to go?
PCMAmerica?
PCMforless?
Lt1350?
Do you know the ones on Ebay? Auto Computer Technologies?
It is hared filterig through these forums to see whom everybody prefers or recommends.
I really appreciate the offer to help tweak.
Do you need any audio tuning? I am an Audio engineer and can help you tweak an audio system.
Thanks,
Greg

Greg, I'd checkout Madwolf on here (Ion) as he is good as well as pcmforless. They are both cheap as well. You can get a base tune from them and then we can tweak it. I dont have anything audio that needs to be done. No worries.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:39 PM

realquick - can you read my 94 tune and make tweaks/suggestions based on how the car goes and mods I've added?
It has an unknown mail tune and it runs pretty good - I'd just like to know what it is as a baseline...
I'm in the northwest corner of Ct but will drive to play if you are interested
thanks -
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by chief455
realquick - can you read my 94 tune and make tweaks/suggestions based on how the car goes and mods I've added?
It has an unknown mail tune and it runs pretty good - I'd just like to know what it is as a baseline...
I'm in the northwest corner of Ct but will drive to play if you are interested
thanks -
Sure. Shoot me an email so we can talk.

jrbellas95z28@yahoo.com
Old 08-16-2007, 08:24 PM

Just curious why he would need a base tune when the motor is stock?? With the exception of VATS - which I'm not totally sure about because it's also in the Body Control Module - the car should run just fine with all the emission stuff missing. Turning it off just means turning off the test for the stuff. I ran a 95 pcm for a while before the plug-in OBD2 test became mandatory. At that point I had removed the rear O2's, the EGR, and the AIR injection system....

Last edited by jgeorger; 08-16-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Quick Reply: What happened to nefbody.org? tuner needed.