New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

temp inspection stickers

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:12 PM

temp inspection stickers

It's getting pretty slow on this board. Anyway, after long delays I finally put my car on the road today. It hasn't been on the street since last September when I took it off the road because my wedding was coming up and it wouldn't pass the now-mandatory plug in test for 96's and newer. FINALLY tunercat came out with their OBD-2 LT1 stuff in early June, but as I was travelling heavily til about a week ago I didn't bother putting the car on the road til today.... Which brings me to my question - is the RMV still giving out temp inspection stickers? For I did not receive one today, and forgot to ask because of a slight commotion at the window next to me. Just curious if they are just giving you 7 days from the date of registration. I searched the RMV website but didn't come up with anything.

Also, what's up with NE dyno? I don't recall seeing any f-body days since Dean sold it. I checked out the site last night and it looks like they have a Chevelle and an SRT-4 - which belongs to a girl. Just curious if the new owners are a husband-and-wife team or what....
Old 08-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Re: temp inspection stickers

You always have 7 days from registration, you don't need a sticker for it. If a cop pulls you over tell him that you just registered the car. Everytime I register they tell me "you got 7 days to get it inspected"
Old 08-16-2005, 05:20 PM

Re: temp inspection stickers

That's good to know. When I first moved out here in 96 they gave me a paper temp inspection sticker. And in subsequent years I remember the rmv person asking me if I needed a sticker when I was re-registering my car after taking it off the road for the winter. But it's been about 4 years since I last did that, so they must have done away with the paper temp stickers. I thought I heard something to that effect but you never know at my age with the memory.....