New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Selling my 96 Ram-Air

Old 01-06-2008, 08:46 AM

Selling my 96 Ram-Air

The time has come for me to cut my losses on my Trans Am. I have not been doing much with it for the last 5 years, and with the addition of a child a year ago, I have even less time or motivation. My primary reason for keeping the car so long has been the realization that I will probably never again have the chance to attain such a high number of mods. If you check out the site you wlll see what I have built and what mods I have new-in-box, including Vortech T-trim.

http://home.comcast.net/~jgeorger/cars/transam/

Thanks for looking,
Joe
Old 01-07-2008, 01:14 AM

Gorgeous car, wish you lived closer.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:54 PM

Joe, pretty sure I met you back in 2001/2002 up at NEDT in Worcester. You were a cool guy to chat with. Goodluck on the sale.

Jon
Old 01-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Yeah, we met there. I've been following your projects with envy. Wish I had the time, place, and motivation to do what you do!

IF the car sells I will miss the F-bod community!
Old 01-10-2008, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by jgeorger
Yeah, we met there. I've been following your projects with envy. Wish I had the time, place, and motivation to do what you do!

IF the car sells I will miss the F-bod community!
Just because it sells doesn't mean you have to go.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:05 PM

very clean car and very nice! Good luck! Looks like anyone who picks it up will have a lot of fun!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:39 PM

stick in the garage and forget about it.

My friend wished he did it after he sold his 92 1le z28. every time I talked to him, he whined about selling it. He got lucky though, and ran into the third owner ( he factory ordered it spring of 92) and bought it back with only 8000 more miles in 5 yrs.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:43 PM

You sell this bro?
Old 04-17-2008, 07:45 PM

wanna trade lol
Old 04-18-2008, 09:36 PM

No, still have it. Haven't advertised it anywhere else yet. Today I finally started it up and took it on a short ride. Maybe I'll wash the dust off tomorrow.....
Old 04-21-2008, 12:55 PM

I would lovew to pick this up from ya... but I am separating right now, so I need to see how the $$ situation is in the next few months if its still around.

Jon
Old 04-21-2008, 01:14 PM

Jon,

Sorry to hear that. We'll see how it goes. So far I haven't advertised it anywhere else. Planning on fixing a few minor things.... Good news - I put some new gaskets on the back of the AC compressor and put 1 can of 134a in it - not enough to make the system work..... It was November so I couldn't get more.... Picked up some more from Walmart on Sat and good news - the system had held something over the winter. Didn't start the car once from Nov to April. Put another 2 cans in and the AC works.... We'll have to see how well when the hot days come.... Can't do it today, I'm doing daddy day care today :-(.

The other minor things I need to fix - passenger window is slightly misaligned - it's too far back. Also the window is going up pretty slowly these days - it never stops so I'm not sure if the thermistor bypass will work, but I will check it out when I'm in there and grease up the parts that need it.

Also the trim ring at the base of the shift boot is cracked. Chincy plastic. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it.?

Joe
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM

Stupid programs!

I'm thinking about selling my Grand Prix GTP as well and one of my buddies who lives in Buffalo mentioned he was interested. But then he wanted to know more about the car.... So I was going to point him to my GTP web page (http:/home/comcast.net/~jgeorger/cars/grandprix/index.html) and I realized it was out of date. So I decided to update it. Problem is, the main file index.html is the same name as my Trans Am page. Well the stupid publishing program I use defaults to the last directory published to, so I overwrote my TA page with the GTP page!! Damn! I didn't have any recent backup so I had to spend a couple hours recreating the page (and the prices!). I also added some pics of the shortblock.

Joe
Old 04-28-2008, 07:56 PM

disaster

Well, I drove the car around a bit and it looks like my headgasket is leaking a bit. Coolant level dropped a few inches, exhaust looks a little bit steamy. Therefore I'm knocking $1500 off the asking price of the car, and throwing in the stock heads w/PAC beehive valvesprings.

Check out my website for details:
home.comcast.net/~jgeorger/cars/transam/index.html

Joe
Old 04-30-2008, 08:15 AM

UNfortunately, I need to sit tight. I'd love to pick the car up... but its tough when your soon to be ex-wife steals $24k out of your bank account.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Selling my 96 Ram-Air