New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Roll Call - New England Guys?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:48 AM

Roll Call - New England Guys?

I just wanted to see who is in the New England area. I have seen a few around on the board, but I was going to see it we could get a CamaroZ28 gang together once in a while. You know, swap stories, BS, terrorize ricers.

It's discouraging when I see 2 camaro's in a week and they are both V6's with old folks driving. That or a flock of 30 ricers in every parking lot in town.

My car is on the road and I'm checking in.

-Dustin-
Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 AM

Whazzup

Been drivin the Z hear and there. Sick of watching the thing rust away! I take the 69 out alot more. Its usually 2 hours of cleaning and maintanace for 15 minutes of driving. haha feels good though.

Hope too meet up with u guys soon its been awhile

later
John
Old 09-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Administrator

It has been kinda quite lately around here...

In the past we used to find an "adult" type of club to go hang at once in awhile, have something cold and refreshing, and lose a few ones...
Old 09-22-2007, 12:23 PM

I am usually driving around.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:49 PM

you boys know im always around!! too bad im not 21 ted lol
Old 09-22-2007, 08:36 PM

Off the road 'til spring '08

I am from the Worcester, MA area but had to park my '95 Z28 when my wife backed into it in my driveway last month.

I'll be back on the road following a bit of cosmetic work on the front (fender, hood, header panel & paint). I just may take the opportunity to repaint a new color as well since I have never been too happy with the teal. I seems kind of girly somehow.. Anyhow - hope to see you all on the road in '08.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:27 PM

So what do you guys think about setting something up? When is the next time your going NED? I wanna get some time on the road and track before the *gulp* snow flies

-Dustin-
Old 09-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
So what do you guys think about setting something up? When is the next time your going NED? I wanna get some time on the road and track before the *gulp* snow flies

-Dustin-
chevyfest this sunday 9/30

and test and tune Oct 7th its the sunday after...

i'll be there both days!!
Old 09-24-2007, 07:43 PM

Ahh, it's coming up fast.

Are you guys going to be wearing your Official Top Secret CamaroZ28 decoder rings?

-Dustin-
Old 09-24-2007, 10:10 PM

i havent recieved mine yet... still waiting on mine from ted
Old 09-25-2007, 06:58 AM

What kinda mufflers do you run with your X Pipe? I might need to go duals soon and sell my GMMG.

-Dustin-
Old 09-25-2007, 03:40 PM

i bought the entire setup off some kid on this site....

its just 3" piping into glasspacks, (basicly straight pipe), and then i had an exhaust shop fab out some sweet turnouts... if you come sunday or the sunday after... i'll show u in person
Old 09-25-2007, 03:41 PM

it is loud... and there is a lot of drone in the interior... but too me shes a muscle car.. and thats the way it is suppose to be...
Old 09-29-2007, 07:31 AM

In May I drove my car to work one day and I noticed a lot of steam in the exhaust for the first five minutes. When I checked the coolant level it was low. Put a pressure tester on the cooling system, and started the car the pressure built up fast. So the head gasket was leaking. Fast forward to last weekend and I finally got a weekend to work on the car. Having a kid really soaks up your free time, especially with no family in the area to entertain him and the wife....

I was going to put the stock heads back on my car since I've had quite a bit of trouble with the GTP heads. During the teardown I decided to hit the heads with a torque wrench and even 50 was moving the bolts! So I held a pow-wow with my helpers and we decided to take our chances and retorque the heads. It has worked so far but I'm not sure if they will hold boost. I bought a T-trim over 3 years ago and still have yet to put it on. If I continue to have problems with the car I might sell it and buy a more useful G8.

I might be interested in getting to the track this year. Beat on the car a little and see if the head gaskets hold. Just can't decide between a weekend test and tune or a Wed/Fri night. Those are tougher just because it's after a long day of work. Getting old.

Last edited by jgeorger; 09-29-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:05 AM

Sounds like you have some good parts there. Let me know if you are getting rid of some. Otherwise, hope to see you around.

-Dustin-

Quick Reply: Roll Call - New England Guys?