New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Rally: Philadelphia to Miami 6/12/2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 09:11 AM

Rally: Philadelphia to Miami 6/12/2008

Hey guys,

I wanted to pass along some information about a rally that a friend of mine has been planning for some time now. It is in memory of a friend that never got the chance to plan something just like this. There will be cars from all parts of the Northeast and from all walks of the automotive world. It will begin just outside of Philadelphia, PA on June 12th, 2008 and end in Miami, FL on June 15th, 2008.

Everyone is welcome! Cost is $500/driver and $300/passenger and that pays for rooms and parties at each stop along the way. Here's an excerpt from the rally's website:

“Drew’s Run” is a short Rally dedicated to a friend and fellow car enthusiast who died this past year at the age of 24. Drew had a long hard fight with cancer and managed to pull through, but as soon as things starting getting better he found himself in the hospital again. This time facing one of the most dangerous procedures in the medical field, a bone marrow transplant. He underwent intense radiation and chemotherapy and was putting up an amazing fight. However the infection was proven too be to strong and on August 9th 2007 Drew found peace, he would have been 25 August 12th.

Drew loved cars and also appeared in my last dvd “Ready Fuels” in his BMW M5. One of the things Drew wanted to do before he passed was to take some good friends and have a small Rally/Cruise. However the drive never happened and as we have Drew in our thoughts and his family in our prayers we do this drive for them.

SCHEDULE of events:

June 12th, Thursday: Thursday we will assemble in a meeting spot to be determined when registration is complete. (Valley Forge, PA) We will then depart from Pennsylvania and head to Asheville, NC where we will arrive at the check point and stay for the night, expenses paid. Video and photos will be shot throughout the course of the Rally and will appear in the next feature dvd, “The Speed of Dark.”

June 13th, Friday: An early rise after a late night party, we will be stopping for a photo shoot at the Biltmore Estate and then make the journey to Miami, FL. Along the way hitting some of the best stretches of road, one being the famous “The Tail of The Dragon” where drivers will enjoy long scenic views and some very challenging turns. Then after an intense drive we will need to stop and rest. What better place the famous Zentrum Museum in South Carolina. http://www.bmwzentrum.com/ where we will have a tour of the facilities. Shortly after we will fuel up and make the final stretch to Miami where we will most likely arrive late that night with party/club plans already scheduled. We will have a hotel room in downtown Miami where we will stay for two nights. We will party upon arrival and celebrate our drive and new found friends.

June 14th, Saturday: we will spend the day in beautiful Miami, and have a photo shoot of all of the cars.

June 15th, Sunday: The Drive Home. A sad day, but one that had to come. We check out of our Hotel and all go our separate ways. Throughout the course of the drive we will have Drew in our thoughts and memories and hopefully gather some new memories in the process. Overall I think this will be a good experience for everyone, car enthusiasts, friends and even family. Register now for a lifetime experience, hopefully with the success of this Rally we will make it a yearly event.

WEBSITE: http://bsaintmedia.com/index.php Where you will find more info, forum, and are able to register.

PM me or visit the site for any other questions!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:06 PM

TTT, deadline for payments less than a month away: May 1st!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:29 PM

if i was older and had more money i would def do this, its an amazing idea i hope it all works out and is unforgetable
Old 04-15-2008, 10:05 AM

The list has grown to 20 cars! See the list here: http://www.bsaintmedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=73#p73

Registration ends May 1st!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:25 AM

bump...one week left to register!