New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

Moving just north of Boston soon....

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Camride~CFFB#15

Post Moving just north of Boston soon....

Just wanted to start getting to know some of you guys. I'm going to moving near Wenham, which is about 30 minutes north of boston. I think that's considered the north shore area, but I'm not sure. Anyway, my girlfriend is going to Gordon college up there and we've been doing the long distance thing for too long(almost a year and a half now) so it's time to move. And even though I don't have a F-bod anymore I still love hanging out with fast cars(I need to be around some horsepower, look what I'm driving!). Plus I love working on these cars, and I know a ton about LT1's, so i'm always willing to lend a hand for mod installs . Anyway, if I could ask one favor, I'm going to need a job before i can move up there, so if anyone knows of anything in that area that would be awesome. I've got a couple of leads but nothing is definite yet. And I'm trying to get myself moved up there no later then November. So anyway, just wanted to say Hi and I'm sure I'll be seeing some of you around soon!

------------------
Camride ~ (sold)1994 Bright Red Camaro Z28 A4.
Daily driver ~ 1987 Honda Civic.
Good weather transportation ~ 1997 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

Camride's Page

Old 08-15-2002, 09:09 PM

Cool

hi & welcome to the boston area

there aren't a lot of fbods in the icy north, but in the warmer months you'll see us all over.

what type of work are you loking for? if it's auto mechanical i know a good friend of mine (20yr+) master mechanic that might be able to give your resume to some shop owners around town.

anyway, good luck, and feel free to post any questions you have about the area.

-fox

------------------
BLK 94 TRANS AM M6
B&B TRIFLOW CAT-BACK
SLP-CAI
GRANATELLI M.A.F.S.
T/B COOLANT BYPASS
SLP T/B AIRFOIL
SLP SKIP-SHIFT-ELIM.
BMR S.T.B.
CHARCOAL LEATHER,T-TOPS,
EVERY FACTORY OPTION
CHROME SLP WS-6 17 X 9 WHEELS & 275/40/17 GOODYEAR EAGLE F1's
HARWOOD WS-6 HOOD
Old 08-16-2002, 04:04 PM
Camride~CFFB#15

fox - Well I don't have any experience in the auto mechanical field except the work i've done on my car and friends cars. I don't have much of a resume either, been working for my dad's business manufacturing safes since I was about 15. I don't even have a resume put together right now, but if you think it would be worth it to put one together I might as well. Let me know and I'll get working on it if I need to.

------------------
Camride ~ (sold)1994 Bright Red Camaro Z28 A4.
Daily driver ~ 1987 Honda Civic.
Good weather transportation ~ 1997 Kawasaki ZX-6R.

Camride's Page

Old 08-20-2002, 08:06 PM

cam,

i'd say go ahead and put something (resume) together. this way, even if i'm unable to assist, you will still have a transportable skill-set on paper that you could send to many different companies for consideration.

when you're done, save it on a word document and email it to me at: mr.foxbat@verizon.net

i'll forward it to my mechanic and he in turn will see what's out there for you. even if his shop is not hiring, he knows all sorts of people in the trade industry that might be in need of your hands-on skills. (machine shop etc).

do you have any office experience, computer skills, college etc?

the key to all of this job hunt stuff is networking. someone who knows someone, who knows someone and so on.

talk to you later.
-fox