New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

maryland

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 08:26 PM

maryland

hey guys, i am currently living in chicago, il. i am going to be moving out to columbia, md this summer and i was just wonderign how the f-body scene is out there. are there a lot of good shops, clubs, drag strips. i am just trying to get an idea before i come out there
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned

www.easternfbody.com
Old 03-21-2007, 05:45 PM

I generally post Maryland and Virginia events in the North Eastern section - so you can always check there.

The Maryland Camaro Club has their monthly meetings in Clarksville, MD - right next to Columbia, Maryland. They'd be a good place to start watching the calendar for events

www.mdcamaroclub.com and the forum www.mdcamaroclub.com/forum

I don't know what year car you have, but thirdgen.org generally has a pretty good list of events as well -- at least in previous years they have.

Not too far away (30-45 minutes) every other Saturday night classic and hotrod cars gather at an ice cream place called "Jimmie Cone" right off Route 70 and 27. The opposite weekends there's something going on in Westminster at the Home Depot, but I don't know much about that one - haven't attended any of those yet.

Then there's the Central Maryland F-Body Club that tries to meet once a month in the spring in Eldersburg, Maryland -- again, another 30-45 minutes from Columbia -- pretty much a straight shop up Route 32 to 26. I haven't heard much from them this year.

There are a couple of tracks -- Maryland International Raceway at Budd's Creek, Capital in Bowie?, Summerduck, Hagerstown, and I'm sure I'm missing some.

The suggestion above is a great one as well. Hope that's enough info for you -- there's always something going on around here during the warm months, and even in the cold ones if you don't mind a bit of a drive.