New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

FS** 70.5 lt1 z28 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2002, 07:43 AM

Post FS** 70.5 lt1 z28 camaro

If anyone is interested my dad is selling a real 70.5 camaro z28. its white with black and black interior. it comes with 2 hoods the factory one and a huge cowl hood for racing. its a 4spd car with split bumpers in great shape. it has a 383 stroker in it with edelbrock aluminum heads. battery is mounted in the trunk. i dont know to much about the car. if your interested let me know and i will forward you his phone number.

im not sure of the price but i would think its in the teens.

my dad does not have any digital pictures he has no idea how to use a computer. the car is in western mass if you are interested. thanks dennis

------------------
9 second street legal 1989 mustang lx, special effects purple, 306 Vortech t trim 20pds of boost, momo; seats-steering wheel and shifter ****, weld drag lites, stage 2 fuel system, cervini stormin normin hood and saleen wing, tfs ported heads and edelbrock rpm intake, 8pt cage.

new project, 1994 Z28, 383 stroker, 4 bolt block with bullet main caps, cola light weight crank, H beam eagle rods, je inverted pistons 9.2 compression with heads, comp cam custom grind cam and 1.6 non self-aligning rockers, afr stage 2 heads 58cc, fully ported LT1 intake powder coated LT4 red, 3 core race intercooler, polished procharger, 3:73 gears, custom torque arm, eibach springs, custom panhard bar and control arms, kyb agx adjustable shocks, ss hood, factory ss spoiler, 58mm bbk throttlebody, B&M ripper shifter, chrome zr1 rims, autometer phantom gauges, edelbrock headers,
Old 06-20-2002, 08:01 AM

Thumbs up

>Hey Dennis ,
I wish I didn't have so much going on right now or I would really think about it ... most likely next summer/fall 2003 when the bills are caught up I will start looking for a ..70 1/2 Camaro (plain jane) to put your engine into , but it will be carburated (maybe) did I read that as $13000.00-19000.00 ? That must be a sweet car .
Later ...
stay safe

[This message has been edited by bowtiepwr (edited June 20, 2002).]
Old 06-20-2002, 08:08 AM

its in perfect shape and its a REAL z28.

im sure the price is in the lower teens.

have you had a chance to look at your car yet. maybe its something simple. optispark or ignition related? hopefully.

i presume your are getting ready to leave soon. hope all goes well.

ed finally drove my car yesterday. he did not get on it but he said it drove very nice. the computer programming was very acurate so i guess ed wright did a good job.

ill keep my eyes peeled for an older camaro for you.

dennis
Old 06-20-2002, 08:48 AM

>I leave here shortly (mon. or tues.) , and I don't want to start tearing the car apart and leaving it in the garage like that . I may end up like 1standgoal (Marc) and not remember where everything goes . Dennis do you think you would be interested in a group purchase for a F.A.S.T computer ? maybe if we can we can start one around Christmas time frame ? Thats 6-7 months from now .
Later ...
stay safe
Old 06-20-2002, 08:52 AM

I have heard of it but what is a f.A.S.T. computer.

if its to work with your cars computer im not sure that i need one. is it like the lt1 edit?
Old 06-20-2002, 09:16 AM

>This some info from Dean web site :
http://www.speedshop.org/detail.asp?...=NEDT-speedpro
John (vortech396) just got one ... I'm not sure how great they are so I want to hear some feedback from the owners of f-bodies that have been using them for a while .
Later ...
stay safe
Old 06-20-2002, 09:35 AM

o the speed pro system. i did not now they were one and the same (f.a.s.t). they work great!!! if you want to cough up that much money.

I sent my computer out to ed wright at fast chips and he reprogramed my computer for me for 350. It was only a 1 day turn around time. you can tell by my mods there was alot to take into consideration when doing my computer.

according to our ed, my car idils great, great response, it runs nice and cool now, the speedo is perfect for the gears, the skip shift is gone.

if i want i can go to deans. have him dyno my car get a print out and send my computer back to ed wright to make the fine tunings for no extra charge.

there are lots of people running 9's with his programming. i believe he uses lt1 edit. if you cant tune your car in then you might have to go with the speed pro. for me i did not want to spend $2000 on it for the piggy backsystem and sensors. Im sure the labor to install it adds up quickly also, then the dyno time to get it to run right.

let me know what you decide.

dennis