New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

anyone drive there f body in the snow this past snow storm??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 10:21 PM

Exclamation anyone drive there f body in the snow this past snow storm??

just wondering cus I had "fun" tryin to get around today..was not fun..CUS MY WORK TRUCK IS GONE...
Old 12-07-2002, 07:27 AM

I have been in the '94 TA. Pretty much zero traction whatsoever. Useless up here in the northeast in winter, but the '85 isn't up and running and I have a Y2K Plymouth Voyager as well, so I am fortunate to have a vehicle to roll over to if it can't make it through the icy stuff.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:32 AM

Wink

Have been driving nothing but rwd v-8's in the NE winter for the past 24 years Never wrecked, just some minor inconveniences. Tough getting up the hill near my house if it isn't plowed. I don't even use snow tires, I just put a bag of concrete in the back and fill the gas tank and take it slow. The secret is to keep it rolling at lights and such if possible. If I can do it with ~400rwhp and 4.10's, then anyone can

Wicked... You'd be better off with the stick car. It's much harder to modulate take off with an A4.
Old 12-07-2002, 03:30 PM

i drove last winter in my '95 z28 a4 and i am this year too. needless to say i would drive something else if i could find a cheap beater, but i don't have the money and stuff. so i am stuck with this car in the winter. it is a lot of fun...unless you need to get somewhere...i almost hit a school bus traveling 35 because i was sideways. o well, then i corrected it and almost went into a snow bank, but its all good, i made it to school and had a little excitement on the way. lots more snow stories in the bag and im sure i'll have much more by the end of the winter...

haha

long live the f-bods. drive safe and keep it slow...under 15 if there's snow on the ground, sorry to say im not kidding seriously above 15 its horrible. lol.

jake
Old 12-07-2002, 07:58 PM

Yup, even worse for me because I have all season tires and an open differential . It certainly is an "experience", which is why I will be getting snow tires.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:32 PM

I drove my camaro the past 2 winters.... ok well half of last winter cause i blew up that old anemic 350 and then she sat until i got a new motor for her.

this winter i'm driving my blazer, and once i get the title for my jeep (thanks milke) i'll be driving that..... i hope the blazer makes it that long
Old 12-07-2002, 08:44 PM

I have been driving my Camaro year round since I bought it. It does much better than I expected in the snow. Here in Ohio we had 3-4 inches of snow last Monday. Didn't matter what kind of vehicle it was, no one was going more than 30mph on the roads.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:17 AM

i also have all-season tires. and i do not have the money for snow tires. haha i love being a poor 17 year old. yeah 2night my friends and i decided to go have a little fun in an uncleared parking lot. it was fun, but i got stuck once and they had to push me cuz i wud just sit there and get zero traction. o well. there is about a 99% chance people called the cops on us. o well i don't really give a f*ck. ahhh being a teenager is wonderful. why am i rambling on and on and on...
Old 12-08-2002, 08:30 AM

Me and my buddy had to move his '87 Grand National the other day in the snowstorm, needless to say it didn't go very good
Old 12-08-2002, 02:47 PM

I drove through the snowstorm. This is my own car until I can afford my new Tundra which won't be until next year. Just gotta know how to drive, and enjoy being sideways on the highway. I've literally done 80 two years ago on the highway in the middle of that huge blizzard we had. We only had one 2 years ago. I think we got like 16 inches or so? I drove 1/2 hour at 80mph to get to my girlfriends house. I'm not with her any more. Anyways, just know what your doing, and get a feel from your car. I've done some crazy stuff with my car in the winter. I've spun out 4 times (Sucks, I know) but I regained control, and not a scratch on her. Now that i have some experience, I am taking it easier this winter. Oh, and I now know that I'm not fast either, so I take it easy on the gas (340rwhp). So until I get my truck THEN my SC, I gotta take it easy.