New England Area For members in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.

'95 Formula Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:07 PM

'95 Formula Project

Ran well, trans died. Needs trans, catback, and some reassembly (trans, seats, console, torque arm, driveshaft, steering column etc.) Have all hardware in sandwich bags and labeled as to where they go.

Looking for quick cash sale. $1500, bring truck and trailer.

Have LT1 Firehawk rims for it at extra cost.

Name:  DSCN2964.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  69.3 KB
Old 10-20-2008, 10:07 AM

I meant to post this in the New England section. Can a mod please move it for me?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 AM

Sure no problem... if I didn't already have a 95 Z project sitting in my driveway I'd take it off your hands... If you still have it in the spring I'll take it.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
Sure no problem... if I didn't already have a 95 Z project sitting in my driveway I'd take it off your hands... If you still have it in the spring I'll take it.
Hmm...how serious are you about that? If I know you're that interested, I'll keep it on ice for you if I don't get any real offers in the near future. So far, I've had a couple trade offers and one crazy low-ball. I also had one buyer at $1800 who just stopped communicating two days before he agreed to pick up the car
Old 10-20-2008, 01:07 PM

I'm always looking for project vehicles I can "flip". I currently have a 95Z that the motor and trans are out of. I have all the parts now to finish it just have tof ind the time and a buyer. Once I get around to actually doing that I will be looking for another car. Seriously I am probably 4+ months from being ready to sell it. If you still have this one come spring I would be a very serious buyer. But I honestly dont have the room for more than 1 car at a time. If you find a buyer then sell it, I would love to work out a deal with you but I just dont have the space. (besides my neighbors and wife would kill me )

If you havent sold it by March hit me up and I'll come get it for $1500.

Just out of curiosity does it run? got a good trans to put back in it?

the real problem is that you are probably 6 hrs north of me With todays gas prices that a $200+ fuel bill alone I generally dont go outside of 100 miles or so.

Last edited by Projectz28; 10-20-2008 at 01:12 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:48 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. If I still have it in March, I'll contact you here.

The engine always ran well. The last time I started it was over the summer, when I pulled the car into my garage to begin working on it. Hasn't been started since, because the fact that the column is out makes starting it inconvenient. In fact, I don't know how to start it short of reinstalling the column and hooking the harnesses back up.

I do not have a good trans for it. If I did, I would throw it in and actually use the car! I have the original trans, which lost the upper gears. It still had first and second.

I don't know about your area, but here gas is plummeting like a stone. It's making road trips a lot easier to budget for again.

How much is that Z of yours going to sell for when you are done with it?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM

Yeah just contact me here. Gas is falling here as well but it still is no fun on a 6 hr trip, drag a car onto my trailer and tow 6 hrs home

Well heres the scoop on the Z. I bought it from a guy here locally. Its got 89k miles on it. The guy poped a rocker arm off racing it down at the track and thought he blew it up. So he and hi buddy pulled it into his buddies garage to do heads and cam. Only one problem. The owner knew noghing about cars and his buddy did all the work. They got in a fight and he sold the car in pieces. I bought it litterally in boxes and a ton of stuff missing. I pulled the motor out and tore it back down to the short block to double check all their work. Heads are fresh from a local machine shop with a fresh valve job. I left the GM Hot cam in it. New lifters, pushrods, rockers, ect... I just cleaned everything up, painted all parts and polished everything up. put it back together with all new gaskets from top to bottom. Once I get it back in the car and running it needs a good buffer attack and some carpet cleaner and it will be good as new. Its black, leather, t-tops, newer trans (A4). Not sure what I am going to ask. If everything works book value is in the 5g range. Dont know yet though depends on how much more work I put into it. I will admidt its tempted me to keep it. If your looking for one when I happen to be selling one I would definately consider another f-bod as partial payment
Old 10-20-2008, 04:43 PM

I'd love another LT1 car to replace this one, which has been my favorite car, even over my '69 GTO. But, money for car projects and toys is gone right now...becoming an adult with a house and new barn has forced me to make some changes over my previous youthful lifestyle. $5k is out of my league these days, even after factoring in this car as a trade.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bull88
I'd love another LT1 car to replace this one, which has been my favorite car, even over my '69 GTO. But, money for car projects and toys is gone right now...becoming an adult with a house and new barn has forced me to make some changes over my previous youthful lifestyle. $5k is out of my league these days, even after factoring in this car as a trade.

I hear ya. Why do you think I flip cars on the side? Just another way for me to make a few bucks to pay a couple extra bills or an extra mgt payment or something. I have a new house, wife, kid and another on the way... I also needa new driveway to hold the car projects. I gave up my big garage on my last house. I cant afford to build it again
Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM

You've got me beat on the kids issue...I'm not there yet, but it isn't too far away. It's scary, but most guys I talk to say it's awesome.

Are you anywhere Sussex, NJ?
Old 10-20-2008, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bull88
You've got me beat on the kids issue...I'm not there yet, but it isn't too far away. It's scary, but most guys I talk to say it's awesome.

Are you anywhere Sussex, NJ?
Well depends on what your definition of near is. I'm south, Sussex is probably 2 hrs north of here, maybe a bit more. I'm just outside of Philly. Ever heard of Moorestown NJ? Right next to it.

Oh and yeah its worth it. I dont get my car out like I used to but I dont really care all that much. I enjoy the time with my son as much as I do my car so it all equals out in the end Some day maybe he will be into cars like me and then I get the best of both