N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

What's the best kit for "hidden" nitrous install?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2002, 03:55 PM

Wink What's the best kit for "hidden" nitrous install?

I want to hide a nitrous installation on my '02 Z28. Is there a wet kit out there that can be "hidden" from prying eyes doing a quick inspection under the hood? Or should I concentrate looking for a dry kit instead so I dont have to run fuel lines?

Has anyone seen any kind of system that runs UNDER the intake manifold on an LS1? I remember seeing these for the old TPI L98s, and I thought they were a great cheater/street racing upgrade.

Where is the best place you guys have found to seriously hide the bottle? What size bottle are you guys hiding ;-)

Thanks guys!

------------------
'02 Z28 : MTI lid, TTS LTs, Corsa, ASP, Pro5.0 w/Lou's ShortStick, Koni & Bilstein, 35mm ST swaybar, SS wheels, SLP SFCs, disabled DRLs, *all* the free mods! :NEXT: ported TB?, NAAAAWZ?? 11"x17" rear wheels???
Old 08-04-2002, 06:49 PM

I am using a dry kit from Compucar called, Nitrous in a bag. It's very concealable and my first two days worth of runs have been very good. I'll take pictures of it tonight and post em if you like.

KASR

------------------
94 Z28 Hardtop - (stock: 10.5:1, 5.7L, rated 275hp@5200, 325lb@2400, MFI - Current Rating: ???)
Throwing money at the hungry beast and moddin' away like a mad-man =) Holley CAI, !TB, !MAF, Flowmaster Catback, Monza Quad Tips, 3" cutout, 3.23 gears GU5/G80 perf. axle, QLC, 4L60-E, Spectre Breather and Filter, Autolite 103 plugs, wires, and filter, MSD 6A, Compucar n20 125, Comp TA BFG Drag Radials
MODS TO COME: Jet-Hot Hooker Long Tubes, Yank 3000 TC, cc305 cam, 1.6 rockers.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:09 PM

Thumbs up

From what I have seen ZEX nitrous systems has to be the best "hidden" system out there. all the solenoids and hardware are in a little box that you can mount anywhere under the hood.I am not sure if they make a wet, but the dry systems plumbing can be concealed by mounting under the intake boot.

Later

------------------
1989 Formula 350
K&N air filter, air foil, TB Bypass, AFPR (set at 45 psi), A.I.R. yanked out, Accel 8mm wires, Fireball external coil, Pulley (just the crank), gutted MAF, corvette servo, Hooker super comp. shorties, 3" exhaust all the way back, No cats, Flowmaster 40 series muffler (one in one out turned down)---Developed a bad habit....bottle related!!!!75 Shot of Nitrous
http://www.theformulasource.com/owne...php?siteid=144

So they made him get rid of it...For decency ya know....But it came back the next day...

My webpage:www.cardomain.com/id/1fastformula
Old 08-04-2002, 10:13 PM

I have been wondering if there was any market for a totally hidden WET kit for LS1's and LT1's. Im working on making the prototype for my car (95 formula with Suncoast Ram Air box), and have a stock WS6 airbox I will be fabbing up a kit for too. If this goes well, it should be able to work on LS1's too. This is a full wet kit, so you can pill it up as much as you want as long as the solinoids will handle it (probably include 75, 100, 150 with the kits I make). And did I say COMPLETLEY HIDDEN? Im going to be selling the kits soon if they work out great, and the first few customers are happy! How much would you guys be willing to pay for a setup like this? Looking for ideas and suggestions!

Kyle

------------------
Kyle aka Shaggy
Purple 95 Formula
ETFA
12.00@116
Old 08-06-2002, 07:36 PM

Well this is what do.I have a nx kit nothing hidden but with a twist.I have two bottles.One hidden in the spare tire area thats hooked up to a remote bottle opener.The second bottle is right in the hatch area with fake lines.When someone asks to race me with out nos I just unhook the fake bottle and take it out of the car.Look no bottle I'm not running any nitrous.Hey its street racing nobody says what they got, either do I.When I heat up my drags I purg the system to let it out under the car while my tires are smoking.LOL no juice ahhhhhh sweetness!

[This message has been edited by mjcent922 (edited August 07, 2002).]
Old 08-09-2002, 01:25 PM

Cool

I am not sure what the air boot and filter is like on an ls1 but on my friends lt1 we mounted the soleniods under the filter(benhind the drivers headlight) and ran the lines on the bottom side of the air intake system. we mounted the fogger nozzle on the bottom of the boot right before the intake. all of the lines were then covered with black wire loom. the only thing you can see is the microswitch on the throttle body but that is about to be relocated. I dont know if the ls1 is the same at the lt1 but if it is this is a very good hiding spot. the bottle in the back is just mounted underneath a speaker box and all of the switches are in the ash tray. hope it works.

[This message has been edited by LT1affiliate (edited August 09, 2002).]
Old 08-12-2002, 12:51 AM

i was doing my usual search through jegs at work today. I have nothing better to do. what can I say. I sell chicken.
but Anyone seen the "sneeky pete" system? it is a tiny nos kit. .1 to .2 and 2-3 mph. just what is needed to get that nosae out there.

------------------
1994 Green/Grey matalic Camaro Z28 !CAGS-CAI-Ported MAF-AZSM 52mm TB-1LE Elbow-UD Pullies-Ported MAF-HI-6 + LX92 Coil-B&M Ripper-RKSport Headers-SLP Y Pipe-Random Tech Cat-Borla Cat Back-160 Therm-'98 Front Brakes-Eibach Pro Kit W/Blistein
Old 08-13-2002, 09:01 PM

hide one bottle in the spare well, and keep one in plain site for a dummy. if you keep the dummy full, you always have a backup also

For a concealed button, run a 3 position switch off your horn relay, one way is horn, other is spray
Just to be sure to have WOT before you honk the horn!
You could buy a fogger, and plumb everything underneath the intake, I use 2 bulkhead fittings either at the rear of the intake, or out the back of the block, just above the flywheel, and then out the top of the bellhousing. Good luck finding it. I have never looked inside an LS1, so you will have to decide yourself if it will fit.

------------------
Texlurch - 68 Camaro-LT1 w/Hot Cam, TT & TIC coming soon!
" a little spray never hurt anyone, spank you very much!"
or the old standby:"I came here to race, not sell real estate. You ain't scared, is ya?"
Old 08-15-2002, 10:39 AM

Check out a page I made years ago on a detailed hidden install of dry N.O.S kit 5115 or 5176...

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/1920

HTH,
Andrew
Old 08-15-2002, 08:10 PM

Thumbs up

I was going to run 2 bottles. A 15lb thatr stays in my trunk and the largest bottle i can fit in my spare tire comparment... If anyone wants to race me w/o spray and i think they would win, id jsut unhook my 15pounder and have the one in the spare tire space ready to go...

------------------
Arctic White 1998 Z28 Camaro LS1 A4
3.42 Gears, Whisper Lid, Exhaust, SLP STB, MSD 8.5s & NGK TR6s,
NOS Dry Shot.
-SLP BowTie Grille, Blackouts, 5% Tint, Mustang pony hanging from rear view mirror by a noose.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:47 PM

wzntme - where did you get those corvette fuel rail covers, very nice!!!!!!!