N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Stock LS1.. Got all the NX stuff, Need Advice!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:36 PM

Stock LS1.. Got all the NX stuff, Need Advice!

Hey all,

The only mods I have are in the sig.

However, I still have my NX nitrous setup that I never had a chance to install in my LT1.

My first question is, the nitrous setup is pretty much the same as an LT1 I'm assuming right? Just mounting things differently. If not, what would I need should I put it in my LS1?

The next question, Should I put it in my LS1 ? I Have EVERYTHING. I have the accessory kit with the gauge, blowdown, heater, FPSS, etc. I also have some TR6 Plugs and a Window switch with all the pills.

Now, all of this stuff has been sitting for SEVERAL years without use. I partially installed it on my LT1, but never had the time to finish setting it up and actually use it. Is there any problems with this stuff sitting for a long time? The bottle was never filled or anything like that. I'm sure this is a stupid question.

Also, is there a better linkage setup to get? I was looking into the Jimmy Jams or whatever for my LT1, is there anything like that for an LS1? What else should I get to start spraying?

Sorry for all the noob questions. I'm new to the LS1 and nitrous, so I appreciate all the advice you can give me. Thanks guys!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:09 PM

Re: Stock LS1.. Got all the NX stuff, Need Advice!

Is it the wet nozzle kit or the MAF kit? Either way, it will be compatible, if it is the nozzle, you will just have to tap the elbow to put the nozzle in. The fuel line will just run off the schrader valve and connect to the fuel solenoid like on your LT1. Jimmy Jams makes the trick little button panel that tucks into your ashtray, that is what I have. I'm not sure if they make a special WOT microswitch to connect to your throttle body though like they do for the LT1s. What you should probably do is find out exactly what kit you have and then go to the Nitrous Express website, there you can download the instruction manual. The documentation is very good also so that should help quite a bit.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:36 PM

it is definitely the wet nozzle kit
Old 07-04-2006, 03:08 PM

Go for it man. Check out Nitro Dave's page... I think it's www.nitrousoutlet.com - he has a lot of cool LS1 nitrous accessories.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:19 PM

Whats up wheelman. Ya they are pretty much the same kit. As long as it is the gm efi kit your fine. Your a manual so im PRETTY SURE(dont quote me) you dont need a window switch. Window switches work best for auto cars to keep you from spraying though the shifts, were as a manual you let off the gas when you shift and your wot switch(you didn't say you had one, it would be a good investment if you dont) shuts it off, lol i woundn't do any power shifting.

I would just make sure all of it is clean and other than that it shouldn't have hurt it to be sitting for a few years.

YES you should put it on your car it will make it alot more fun....well until the bottle runs out that is.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:09 PM
LBJ

negative on the "you shouldn't need a window switch" with a manuel....... run the window switch cause if you miss a shift.....or hold a gear to long.....you will hit the rev limiter and that would be catastrophic!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by LBJ
negative on the "you shouldn't need a window switch" with a manuel....... run the window switch cause if you miss a shift.....or hold a gear to long.....you will hit the rev limiter and that would be catastrophic!!
I wasnt sure...but you should still run a wot switch right? That way it is only on at wot...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:00 PM
LBJ

Originally Posted by Jameslt1TA
I wasnt sure...but you should still run a wot switch right? That way it is only on at wot...
yeah, run a wot switch and window switch............ as far as the FPS switch some people say they wouldn't run without one and others say they are a PITA so they ditch it.

my experience with a FPS was that it worked great on the street, never cut the system off then when I went to the track it would cut in and out but my wideband A/F guage showed that I was "good 2 go" so I would bypass it and just watch my A/F