N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

nitrous webpages for nos newbie?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2004, 12:25 PM

nitrous webpages for nos newbie?

i have a stock lower end so i went with a 100shot wet kit. the people who installed it sold me on all the bells and whistles but cant tell me how to use it incase i blow myself up i cant sue them. so, any webpages that explain step by step how to work this stuff? i have a remote bottle opener, my big concern is purging. when you purge, is that sending a small dose to the engine? and how long does this stuff take to compress or arm to use it?
Old 06-12-2004, 12:35 PM

First you need to read this:
http://www.go-fast.org/z28/new_to_nitrous.html

Your remote bottle opener is mainly a convenience to be able to open it up on the street, since you cant leave your bottle open all the time. Purging does not send any nitrous to the engine, it is a separate soelonoid that allows nitrous to exit the lines before it reaches your actual nitrous soelonoid. This allows you to make sure you have liquid nitrous filling the lines and up against the soelonoid so you get an instant boost when you hit it with no hesitation. When you purge, you'll typically run a line from that purge soelonoid to up by the windshield and allow it to purge out behind your hood. You should purge until you see the white cloud of N20, then you're ready to go. BTW, there is no time to wait to arm it, no compressing. When you open the bottle, pressurized nitrous fills the lines, you just turn your arming switch on and you are ready to go, no waiting.