N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous NEWB

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:32 PM

Nitrous NEWB

Hey guys, i just finished up building my moter a few months ago and i think the next thing i do is hook up some nitrous. The problem is i dont know too much about it. For all the parts that i put into it, check the sig. It should be ready for some really high amounts but i was thinking somewhere around a 150 shot. I know this is a pretty broad question, but im just looking for what i will need to hook up a safe system right, and how it works exactly. Also how to use it right! Thanks guys
Old 06-29-2005, 09:01 PM

Re: Nitrous NEWB

I took a look at your mods and you'll be fine on a 150 wet shot. If you decide on a dry shot I would get some larger injectors. You have a fuel pump so you're fine in that department. When you decide on a kit I also get a few safety parts, like a window switch (allows the nitrous to be activated only during a predetermined RPM band) and a fuel pressure safety switch (kills the nitrous if your fuel pressure drops below a pre set PSI). It would also be a good idea to pick up a bottle heater, to keep your bottle pressure between 900 - 1050 and a purge. If you have any other questions, or would like to go over your set up in more detail feel free to send a PM or give us a call.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by zachattack45
Hey guys, i just finished up building my moter a few months ago and i think the next thing i do is hook up some nitrous. The problem is i dont know too much about it. For all the parts that i put into it, check the sig. It should be ready for some really high amounts but i was thinking somewhere around a 150 shot. I know this is a pretty broad question, but im just looking for what i will need to hook up a safe system right, and how it works exactly. Also how to use it right! Thanks guys