N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

going to hit it w/the juice....couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 02:19 AM

going to hit it w/the juice....couple questions

With the mods below and stock bottom end how much do you think it could handle?

I am thinking of doing a 100 shot but not sure. I'm not a real N2o freak but I'm ready to get my feet wet suggestions wanted. Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 10:51 AM

Re: going to hit it w/the juice....couple questions

I assume you are going to do a wet shot? If so, a 100 shot will be okay, I wouldn't go much past a 125 - 150 shot if you want to keep her together for a while. At your power level I would look into upgrading your pump, just to be on the safe side (there is a Racetronix GP going on now in the GP section). Get the safety stuff (window switch, fuel pressure safety switch) along with some plugs and you'll be go to go. I wouldn't worry too much about pulling timing on a 100 shot, but it wouldn't hurt to pull a few degrees. If you are looking for a kit give ours a look at.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=302&page=1

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by Jeremy_30th
With the mods below and stock bottom end how much do you think it could handle?

I am thinking of doing a 100 shot but not sure. I'm not a real N2o freak but I'm ready to get my feet wet suggestions wanted. Thanks
Old 07-18-2005, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by HarrisSpeedWorks
I assume you are going to do a wet shot? If so, a 100 shot will be okay, I wouldn't go much past a 125 - 150 shot if you want to keep her together for a while. At your power level I would look into upgrading your pump, just to be on the safe side (there is a Racetronix GP going on now in the GP section). Get the safety stuff (window switch, fuel pressure safety switch) along with some plugs and you'll be go to go. I wouldn't worry too much about pulling timing on a 100 shot, but it wouldn't hurt to pull a few degrees. If you are looking for a kit give ours a look at.

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=302&page=1

Thanks,
Matt
A wet kit isn't that like direct port or something? I was leaning towards the one that goes in by the MAF or Throttle body that would be dry right? = not mixed with fuel but taken in with the air stream. Sorry for the greeness
Old 07-19-2005, 11:03 AM

No, not exactly. A DP can be a wet shot or a dry shot, just as a nozzle(s) kit set up can be either one. On a LT1 you could do a wet shot before the TB (after the MAF) or you could do a dry shot before the MAF or after the MAF if the kit comes with a "FMU" to increase fuel pressure. In some cases it makes more sense to go with a wet kit. Guys say they want to spray a 100 shot, but then after doing it start moving the shot up. If you do that with a dry kit you'll be swapping out your injectors to larger ones, which can get costly.

Matt

Originally Posted by Jeremy_30th
A wet kit isn't that like direct port or something? I was leaning towards the one that goes in by the MAF or Throttle body that would be dry right? = not mixed with fuel but taken in with the air stream. Sorry for the greeness
Old 07-19-2005, 11:53 AM

i have a dry kit on my car and it handles a 150 shot very well knock on wood!