N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Foe Anybody Wondering What N2O Kit To Go With.........

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 01:04 PM

Foe Anybody Wondering What N2O Kit To Go With.........

first off, this is just my opinion. and second, its mainly only for people interested in a WET set-up.

why, oh why, in hells bells would you pay 6,7, or 800 bucks for a nitrous kit?? just think about it......

these companies such as- NX, TNT, NOS, Venom, Zex, and so on offering kits that are absolutly outragously expensive, should be shot.

its just a thought, but heres what i did. i opened up my Summit Racing catalog and flipped to the air/fuel section. i picked out a Edlebrock Performer CARBERATED kit good for up to 150hp. that set me back a whopping $349.95. now, obviously my car is not carberated, so, i flipped over another page and picked out a NOS Fogger Nozzle for $19.95 and a set of NOS 150 pills for $2.95.

now, let me get a calculator..........

and the grand total comes to $372.85, + tax of course.

basically, for those of you that dont know, you swap out the plate for the nozzle and mount it in your intake elbow just before the TB. the rest is a piece of cake, tap into your fuel line for fuel, and run the N2O line to wherever your mounting your bottle!

whollah! a wet kit for under 400 bucks.
Old 12-05-2002, 02:37 PM

maybe but i got my nx kit with the genx2 and the digital 6 and the ngk plugs, walbro fuel pump, msd window switch with pills, taylor wires ALL BRAND NEW for 900...

i'd take my deal any day =)

plus i want all the parts to be perferably the same brand so i know everything is in order...

400 is good, but add up the rest of the stuff that u need
Old 12-05-2002, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by chesee48
maybe but i got my nx kit with the genx2 and the digital 6 and the ngk plugs, walbro fuel pump, msd window switch with pills, taylor wires ALL BRAND NEW for 900...

i'd take my deal any day =)

plus i want all the parts to be perferably the same brand so i know everything is in order...

400 is good, but add up the rest of the stuff that u need

thats just it, you dont NEED anything else. sure, you can buy ign., fuel pump, injectors, and all kinds of "saftey nets" that arent a nessecity. i just cant see spending that much for N2O. my kit came with everything you need to put it together and make it work RIGHT and i installed it in my garage in about 4-5 hours.

ive put 4 bottles through it with no problem, knocked off a little over a second SPINNING (i still havent got a clean ET with the 100s yet), and had no problems at all with anything else.

maybe its just me because im on a budget, but i just dont understand why anyone would want to spend that much unless they just had $$ to throw away??

im hoping to be in the 11s with about $500 more. thats 500 i wouldnt have had if i had gone with the crowd and bought one of those over priced kits.

just my .02 for those of us on a budget.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:07 PM

Originally posted by COMNBYU
thats just it, you dont NEED anything else. sure, you can buy ign., fuel pump, injectors, and all kinds of "saftey nets" that arent a nessecity. i just cant see spending that much for N2O
maybe its just me because im on a budget, but i just dont understand why anyone would want to spend that much unless they just had $$ to throw away??

You can certainly go the route you did and put together your own system, but IMO its not smart to cut expenses by not using "safety nets" such as a fpss . I dont care how well you put your system together ....stuff happens. $35 is cheap insurance if you ask me.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by gb95zconv
You can certainly go the route you did and put together your own system, but IMO its not smart to cut expenses by not using "safety nets" such as a fpss . I dont care how well you put your system together ....stuff happens. $35 is cheap insurance if you ask me.

true, but "stuff" can happen with a 900 dollar kit too.

i do plan on getting a regulator but thatll prolly be about it. as long as the psi is there, im not worried.

i dont have a "progressive" kit nor would i ever get one, and theres no computor switch or chip telling my solinoids when to open. i like to be in control of things, that way if anything goes wrong, im to blame and i wont go complaining about how bad the company is or how horrible N2O in general is.
Old 12-05-2002, 04:30 PM

i know where u are comin from...howver i feel that if ur gonna do it, you do it right. No need to halfa** something ...esp as dangerous as nitrous is....one day its gonna come back and bite u in the a**, i hope not but i'm still scared and i have all that crap and a scanmaster yada yada...i'm gonna dyno it first to get my readings before i even spray...and even then..

maybe you'll be one of those luvky ones, that gets away with it, but i dont wanna be that person that doesnt....

n20 isnt something u should try and cut corners with, however if u can get away with it, then more power to u...

theres a reason why everyone gets all the added crap, either b/c these companies have inbedded it into our head that we need them, or they REALLY do matter and make a difference...if everyone else is using them...theres gotta be something behind it....

good luvk with your set-up and i hope that nothing goes wrong

but dont try to be dumb about getting into the 11's cheap b/c anyone can buy n20 for 400 like u did and spray the hell out their cars, but remember the ones that are careful about it will live to spray another day =)

good luck bro!
Old 12-05-2002, 08:21 PM

I don't know I think that idea is kick ***... I mean I look at my car and all the crap I've done that I don't need and we are probably going to run similiar times on the juice.

I do think a FPSS is important and a WOT switch of some kind. But everything else is just extra's I have everything else and with electronics I have about 1200 into my setup and I can't even get finished with the install and THEN I won't use it until I have a better fuel pump and filter and I get the car on a dyno with a WB O2 NOW THAT IS PARANOID!!
Old 12-05-2002, 09:57 PM

I put my NX kit together for just under 300.......good to have spare parts lying around after 9 years of spraying.Thats not including stuff i added to make it work better thats just the basic nitrous kit.

I DO run a progressive,to control wheelspin.I have a Digital6 for when i feel the need to pull timing (btw,i pull 2-3* for a 150 shot).
Never ran a FPSS,never ran a window switch,and if i go with a ladder bar suspension,i'll get rid of the progressive.
Old 12-08-2002, 12:51 PM

whollah! a wet kit for under 400 bucks.
Come back to us after a few hundred runs at the track and let us know how many engine rebuilds you did, tranny rebuilds, rear ends, fuel pumps, tires, etc..

I'll pray for you............
Old 12-08-2002, 04:46 PM

There is nothing wrong with putting together a setup like that all new parts they already come with a wot switch. add a 35 for a fpss. you might need longer lines???? for the intake .Alot of it has to do with what people like!I my self have alway's like NX stuff. price is high when you add the gen 2 kit. Only thing that is in ?'s to me is which Noids are better??? That is the only thing I would worry about.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:42 PM

that makes 2 of us...

"I'll pray for you............"
Old 12-09-2002, 12:01 PM

I put a dry nozzle in my intake tract $25, 20' of n2o line $25, a push button switch $15, and I already had a bottle and some jets so for a total of under $100 I had a dry system that made over 100hp and ran for 2-1/2 years of abuse before I detonated 2 pistons on a hot day this past summer and the engine temp was 190plus degrees so it was my fault for sparying with the engine at that temp but we were street racing. I ran 12.50's@110mph on an almost bone stock T/A on real radials all that time. Since I upgraded to a NX wet kit which costed another $165. Times in sig and it been abused daily. Later and good luck
Old 12-09-2002, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by RacinLT1

I DO run a progressive,to control wheelspin.
Thank you. A controller is certainly not a must and if I was on a tight budget I wouldnt gotten one ....nor would I have gotten the bottle opener that I have. For that matter ....at $30-$40 a fillup for a 10# bottle I wouldnt run nitrous at all.

Anyway , my goal was to run N2O system as safely as possible, and Im confident Im doing that. We all run the risk of catostrophic engine failure when we run a power adder.....we can only take steps to lessen that risk.

Put your system together...just dont leave out the safety stuff. It is a good way to save some $.
Old 12-09-2002, 08:29 PM

worst idea ever.... making a ghetto nitrous kit is not something i would ever do, even if someone paid me!

They make the safty stuff for a reson. Your kit is like 15 years outdated, no wonder the "newer" nitrous kits are so much safer than the really old ones
Old 12-09-2002, 10:47 PM
Banned

ya i would have to agree with my buddy stik6shift00

i love my nx and i got it at a sweet deal as well......

Quick Reply: Foe Anybody Wondering What N2O Kit To Go With.........