N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

anyone else with a BBK TB and a TNT nitrous setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 05:35 PM

anyone else with a BBK TB and a TNT nitrous setup?

....because I'm curious how to get this combo to work. The BBK being larger than the stocker rubs up against the thermostat housing when you put the nitrous plate on....I've ground till I can't ground no more and can't seem to get a good seal with the RTV....surely someone else has run into this problem with this setup????
Old 11-11-2006, 06:16 PM

I did, but then I just removed the iac and filled in teh holes with quicksteel and sanded it all down smooth. The idle fluctuates till it warms up a lil, but drives fine after that.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:40 PM

I ran my 58mm BBK and the TNT plate and had to grind down a great deal off the IAC and some off the thermo housing. I did get it to fit with gaskets between both the intake and the TB. It took quite a bit of work, but it did fit. Since I did my 381, I have decided to ditch the plate and I am going to run the nozzels into a trickflow elbow rather. Just wanted to say you can make it fit. I also ground out my TNT plate to 58mm.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:00 PM

I relocated the nozels to the elbow. I didnt like having to grind the stat housing or anything else.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:13 AM

does doing away with the plate affect the performance of the nitrous system? I figure spraying in front of the throttle body as opposed to spraying behind it has to affect it in some way. Also...if you were to put the nozzles into the elbow....like a trick flow...how would you drill the holes so that the fuel nozzles thread in tightly?
Old 11-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Danny.. I guess you can pick up an extra IAC housing off here "just in case" and grind the living **** out of the other one till it fits. We've been "being careful" so as not to ruin your current housing but.. maybe it's time for drastic measures!!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:31 PM

well funny you say that because Saturday I decided I was going to "grind it till it fits" .....and well....now I have a hole in my IAC....fun fun!!..the bad news is that I didn't even have to grind it much more till I punched a hole in it so it wouldn't have fit regardless....it just doesn't work...and I think for some reason that the reason why there is an air leak has something to do with not using those gaskets...something is not getting sealed using RTV....I'm about out of options using the plate at this point and I don't want to grind on my thermostat housing anymore and punch a hole in that too......not looking good at this point...
Old 11-13-2006, 07:34 PM

I'm out of ideas
Old 11-13-2006, 08:42 PM

I can't think of anything else to do but spray into the intake elbow...I just don't know what I'll lose proformance wise doing that..it's not as sexy but what other options are there...I don't want to do away with my IAC....
Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by 96blkform
I ran my 58mm BBK and the TNT plate and had to grind down a great deal off the IAC and some off the thermo housing. I did get it to fit with gaskets between both the intake and the TB. It took quite a bit of work, but it did fit. Since I did my 381, I have decided to ditch the plate and I am going to run the nozzels into a trickflow elbow rather. Just wanted to say you can make it fit. I also ground out my TNT plate to 58mm.
this is what i had to do as well. I ground off as much as i could on the BBK (a little too far in one place, luckly JBWeld fixed that up for me right quick )

and ground off alot on the Thermostat housing, just kept grinding till it fit.

it's a close fit but it works

also, i'm using a custom mounting bracket for my WOT switch which mounts on the bottom right bolt of the TB. and for the life of me i cannot find a longer "hex" style bolt that will make it so i can mount the thing on

on the bottom left side i'm able to use the stock bolt, it's threaded on probably at the minimum, and i had to not put the WOT switch on since i can't get enough threads going to tighten it down.

anyone have any luck w/ something like this?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by F(ast)-body
I can't think of anything else to do but spray into the intake elbow...I just don't know what I'll lose proformance wise doing that..it's not as sexy but what other options are there...I don't want to do away with my IAC....
You will not loose any performance. If anything you will gain safety and better attomization by moveing the nozzles back in front of the throttle body.

We have seen distribution problems from some systems that place the discharge aimed at the back of the intake and is placed so close to the front two runners. The problems mostly started becomming noticeable on the shots above 150-200..

So I would rather put the nozzles before the throttle body anyways..
Dave
Old 11-15-2006, 10:34 AM

Same here, but I'm running the edelbrock 58mm tb (same as bbk) and I had to grind here and there to make it all fit. I really like the kit with the exception of the poor quality hex bolts they give you. They rusted quickly so I will be looking for a better option when I take it all apart.

-brian
Old 11-15-2006, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Hybrid86Z
this is what i had to do as well. I ground off as much as i could on the BBK (a little too far in one place, luckly JBWeld fixed that up for me right quick )

and ground off alot on the Thermostat housing, just kept grinding till it fit.

it's a close fit but it works

also, i'm using a custom mounting bracket for my WOT switch which mounts on the bottom right bolt of the TB. and for the life of me i cannot find a longer "hex" style bolt that will make it so i can mount the thing on

on the bottom left side i'm able to use the stock bolt, it's threaded on probably at the minimum, and i had to not put the WOT switch on since i can't get enough threads going to tighten it down.

anyone have any luck w/ something like this?
mount it under the gas pedal. thats were i put mine at. i didnt want anything showing under the hood.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:44 PM

I just started installing my TNT kit this weekend. I have a 58mm Holley, I finally decided to ditch the plate because I couldn't make it fit and put the nozzles into the elbow, then the lines weren't long enough, so I ordered lines from Nitro Daves to fit. The plate sucks in my opinion anyway. The nozzles seemed to tighten on their own into the holes I drilled into my Trickflow elbow, but I don't know if they'll hold or not, looking for a nut to screw down on opposite side.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:37 PM

I'm running this setup (BBK 52mm and TNT plate) and the speed shop never informed me of any installation issues.

Originally Posted by ksmyss
mount it under the gas pedal. thats were i put mine at. i didnt want anything showing under the hood.
This sounds a bit scary to me.