N2O Tech Discussion for the use of Nitrous Oxide

Acquired Various NX parts and need to build LT1 system HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 11:49 PM

Question Acquired Various NX parts and need to build LT1 system HELP!!

I got a deal on a bunch of NX parts that were made to go on a dodge viper...

It came with these parts:

8 pirana nozzles

17 small metal tubes
red and blue tube end fittings
tube nuts

18 rail to pipe fittings

2 ICEMAN Pure-flo Solenoids (fuel and N2o)

1 Some kind of sensor that is black and cylindrical With two prongs on the back and a pipe fitting on the other end.

1 Blowdown Tube w 3000psi fitting.

2 Nitrous Fuel Rails. One RED and one BLUE.
The blue one had been drilled and three fittings had been installed so If I need this I am going to have to fill a couple of the holes...

1 aluminum long nut thing attached to the nitrous solenoid...

2 Hoses. Long hose has red fittings, short hose has blue fittings. I am guessing Nitrous = long, fuel run from engine bay = short.

1 long spool of red wire, one switch with red handle

I want to make 150 HP extra after losing to a turbo S4 V-6 TT. I don't want ot blwo my engine apart but once I am done with ym boltons and small mods (gears, subframes, RR's, headers and cutout ets etc, I want to be able to make more power then him which I think is totally possible and would be awesome to beat a turbo 50K car with my 10K N.A. car.

I need help using these parts to piece togather a system because I have no help. I only need ot amke 150 HP and I have 8 nozzles.... I thought this was a lot! I see viper kits with one nozzle. I would be happy with less then those huge rails.

Thanks for your time guys
Old 06-05-2003, 12:01 AM

Re: Acquired Various NX parts and need to build LT1 system HELP!!

Originally posted by djk19
I want to make 150 HP extra after losing to a turbo S4 V-6 TT.
sorry cant really help, Just thought this was the BEST reason to go faster
Old 06-05-2003, 04:16 AM

Well I dont know how much I can help ya but the eight nozzles is because whoever had the kit sounds like they were running a direct port, which means their intake was drilled for eight nozzles one at each port. If you want to just slap the kit on for a wet kit you really only need one of the nozzles, long nitrous line 4an from the bottle to the engine compartment which will be screwed into the IN side of the nitrous sol. Then you will need a shorter nitrous line that will go from the OUT side of the sol. to the nozzle which will be mounted somewhere in your elbow that goes to your throttle body typically after the MAF sensor. For the fuel all you need is a 4an red fuel line that will mount to the Schrader valve on the intake and will go to the IN side of the fuel sol. Then you need another small fuel line that will go from the OUT of the fuel sol. to the nozzle. That is basically the setup for a wet kit and it sounds like you have most of the parts already.

Hope this helps a little
Old 06-05-2003, 08:27 AM

Jesus. How much would 8 nozzles make then?!

I think I am goign to get in touch with NX and see if their customer service department is as good as everyone says.

I have all these parts but I only want to make 150 HP more so I don't kill my engine. I think thats all I will need to make me faster then a lot of the guys out there and definately a lot of vettes. It would be a nice little trick up my sleeve to kill those turbo guys and those honda turbos with N20.

I guess I need to find out how much HP a pirana nozzle makes at what PSI and how to run the circuit. ALso what switches I will need as well.

Any more guys?
Old 06-05-2003, 10:45 AM

The nozzles are not what actually give you the horsepower The direct port kit (8 nozzles) is the more efficient way to go and you can tune your car better because you have the fuel and nitrous coming in right over the pistons with your fuel injectors. These kits are more expensive and some are costly to fab up. What I was saying in the post above is you will only use one of the nozzles instead of all eight because you wont be running a direct port kit just a wet kit. Do a search on jet sizes and you will get the numbers of the jets you need to make 150 hp and you are ready to go. I have heard that NX has a great tech so yeah calling them wouldnt be a bad idea