Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

Gauging interest: White 96 TA Roller

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Gauging interest: White 96 TA Roller

SOLD!!
Gauging interest in a good looking roller. It's a white 96 Trans Am, it would come without the motor, pcm, and t56. It has polished ls1 front brakes, 4.10's and a girdle cover, t-tops, tint, 17x9.5 TT2's with nearly brand new Firestone Firehawk SZ50ep's on the rear. DMS springs, GMS subframes, GMS LCA's.

Interior is in nice condition, charcoal grey with leather seats, stock radio and cd changer. Antenna motor needs replacing.

How much do rollers in good condition go for?

I would sell complete with a brand new 383 VRE LT1 with LE 2 cam and LE ported Trickflows/ LT4 intake. However, I don't think I'd recuperate the money from it all. I've spent roughly $8K in the motor alone.

Last edited by ponyackn; 04-09-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:26 PM

Wow, that's going to be one of the cleanest rollers ever.

You gonna stick the 383 in your girlfriends' SUV?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:42 AM

Lol, thanks Nate. I still can't believe you let that sick *** Z of your's go. The only current pics that i have of my car are the ones that I took at the Hooters cruise/toys for tots from a couple years back.... your old beast is in the pics I'll post them up if I get a chance.

BTW, the 383 is dead shot. It's at a shop right now and let's just say, it's not gonna ever be used at this point
Old 03-18-2007, 01:03 AM

Yeah, I wish I could have kept it around.

Damn... Sorry to hear the bad news!
Old 03-20-2007, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by kick Z tail out
Yeah, I wish I could have kept it around.

Damn... Sorry to hear the bad news!
It's alright man, I've had much worse happen recently to kind of help me keep it all in perspective.

BTW, here are the pics man (My car is the white TA, Nate's is the black Z right next to it):

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010674.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010670.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010669.jpg

Old 03-21-2007, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by ponyackn
It's alright man, I've had much worse happen recently to kind of help me keep it all in perspective.

BTW, here are the pics man (My car is the white TA, Nate's is the black Z right next to it):

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010674.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010670.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/P1010669.jpg

Sorry to hear that too

The best 2 looking cars there
Old 03-22-2007, 01:48 AM

BTW, the 383 is dead shot. It's at a shop right now and let's just say, it's not gonna ever be used at this point
That sucks man. Is is VRE's fault?
Old 03-22-2007, 07:38 PM

Nate, I hear ya on that one!

Originally Posted by KWIK WS6
That sucks man. Is is VRE's fault?
No, I don't believe so at this point. Eric from Victory was very helpful throughout it all. We discussed it over the past couple of months, I finally had the motor pulled then taken to a shop to disassemble, inspect, and repair it. From what the shop here told me, it looks like it was struck hard in the spot. The shop went from VRE, to Haddad, to Haddad's outsource. Here is the lesson that I learned: Try to get your work done all at one spot and warrantied. I wanted the best of everything, LE's Heads and VRE's shortblock. But once again, it touched too many hands. VRE was cool enough to offer me some money to compensate for the block. It sucks being in my position trying to point fingers at someone. That's just not me, but I found myself doing it because I just know it wasn't done while in my hands. I'm done trying to track down the root of it all, I messed up and that's that.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 PM

damn that sucks to hear, I still haven't put that shortblock in that I got from you a while back. Figure out what you want for it and I'll ask around up here.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM

Hey Scott,
Are you still going with a turbo setup? As far as the roller, I will be willing to let it go for cheap to a certain degree because it will have full interior and will only need a tranny and a motor, unless someone wants the tranny along with it. I will also have the complete, balanced rotating assembly from my VRE 383 for sale for $1450 if you know anyone interested. I have so much stuff for sale in these forums, I'm trying to pace what I put up :O
Old 03-31-2007, 10:39 PM

I will also have the complete, balanced rotating assembly from my VRE 383 for sale for $1450 if you know anyone interested.

Which assembly is it they sell a couple, is it the Dragonslayer/Howards 6.0/Diamond forged pistons set-up? I get paid on the 15th if you still have it in a couple of weeks I may very well take it off your hands. PM me and let me know.

Id also like to know what exactly happened to the motor i browsed through the thread but not all that closely, and i get the drift something when catastrophically wrong which is why you abandoned the project, I just want to know if i boughtthe set-up should i replace the pistons or not.
Old 04-01-2007, 06:36 PM

Good luck on the sale. Sounds it changed a lot of hands, and you know what they say about too many chefs in the kitchen.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:15 AM

Yeah, I know now more than ever.

Darth IROC, the rotating assembly is from the 383 Econo block version they offer. The motor was never even turned over so everything is basically brand new. The crack was spotted moments before getting the opportunity to turn it over when I filled the coolant into the block. The block itself, however, could not be reused which is why I have to sell it like this. There was a crack in the block. It was never really resolved as to how it got there.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM

Oh, well thanks but i need a steel crank. good luck with the sale, did you ever come up with a price for the roller?
Old 04-04-2007, 03:15 PM

Hey, let me know how much you want for the roller!

Quick Reply: Gauging interest: White 96 TA Roller