Mountain Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming

alignment shop in orange county

Old 02-03-2009, 04:42 PM

alignment shop in orange county

I need a good alignment I orange county... Aliso viejo, ca

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Old 02-04-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wild1
I need a good alignment I orange county... Aliso viejo, ca

Any recommendations?

Thanks
I work in AV.
Honestly I think any shop with an alignment machine will be fine. The computer measurements will ensure that everything is aligned correctly before you leave.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:40 AM

I figured out why an alignment for a Camaro should be performed at a place that has a reputation. I went to the chain alignment (name not posted) location and the Camaro requires a special service tool.

This store had great customer service and let me into the shop during the tire installation and the alignment. They pulled the screen on the Hunter Alignment Rack to show me the $600 alignment tool charged by GM that is necessary for the alignment.

There are so few Gen IV vehicles (1995) that are serviced there that they do not have the tool, however, he called and left messages with Matco and Snap On while I was there.

So, it is important to go into a shop that has the SST. Otherwise, they will only be doing toe-in/out only and charging you full price.
Old 02-06-2009, 09:46 AM

I live in Aliso Viejo, check out Clarks House of Suspension in Lake forest. He sets up a lot of cars including track cars. Top service there. (this board is a little slow, check out ls1tech)
Old 02-06-2009, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by camaroz28.fan
i live in aliso viejo, check out clarks house of suspension in lake forest. He sets up a lot of cars including track cars. Top service there. (this board is a little slow, check out ls1tech)
+1.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:16 PM

FYI... just called... closed Sat & Sun.

I'll let you know and will call back on Monday.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:35 PM

I just got back from Clark's House of Suspension.
Address: 26901 Vista Terrace, Lake Forest, CA, 92630
Phone: (949) 768-6261

They go by appointment only. Clark didn't work on the car but Carlos did... it's a two man shop.

Clark seems to be very knowledgeable and I have a lot of confidence in him but he didn't do the work. I was watching Carlos and he seemed to know what he was doing. Carlos took the car for a test drive after the alignment and found the steering wheel to be off, so he readjusted the tie-rods and I was motoring away. I like the validation of the alignment... great!

Overall, I would go back again. I would be very interested if Clark could do the alignment and if he had more up-to-date equipment.

The other place at Big-O tires has very modern equipment on a Hunter alignment rack with laser alignments and a modern computer log showing live data of the alignment in progress. The trade-off is that the technicians don't have as much knowledge as Clark.

Ron Kapur is the owner at Big-O and he LOVES cars. His shop is very modern and I can't say enough about him. He did just ordered the GM tool for alignments on F-Bodies and he is really passionate.
Address: 8767 Irvine Center Drive, Irvine, CA 92618
Phone: (949) 585-9022

So, anyone searching this thread can have at least 2 choices in Orange County.

I ended up getting my Nitto NT05s at Big-O since they have great prices and the alignment at Clark's.