Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Where to get a helmet?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 04:02 PM

Where to get a helmet?

I need to find one snell rated. they keep giving me hell about my motocross helmet...I keep playing dumb though lol
Old 06-21-2003, 05:57 PM

What size do you need? I have a size large black open face Snell M2000 helmet from G-Force that I only used last year for autoxing. It's in perfect shape. It was just over $100 new but I'd sell it for $50 to you.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:06 PM

i was just at 131 and the crabby lady told me that she was gonna kick me off if i ran faster than a 14 flat. I ran 3 13.8s and they dident say anything.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:50 PM

Originally posted by 94bird
What size do you need? I have a size large black open face Snell M2000 helmet from G-Force that I only used last year for autoxing. It's in perfect shape. It was just over $100 new but I'd sell it for $50 to you.
might take you up on that. Wish I could try it on though. I know my MX helmet is XL, but I had a lot more hair when I bought that. Now that my hair is buzzed off a L might be fine.

Not even sure where you are located... only wolverine I know is up north of *******
Old 06-21-2003, 08:58 PM

Wolverine Lake is near Detroit, close to 275 & I96 intersection. There's a track day at Gingerman on 6/30 though, and I should be there. That's near South Haven, so not too far from you, right?

A G-Force large converts to 7 1/2 normal helmet size. If you measure your head circumference with a tape measure, just above your ears and about an inch above your eyebrows, it's designed for 23-23.5".

It's this helmet:

http://www.racerwholesale.com/Mercha...Racing+Helmets
Old 06-21-2003, 09:06 PM

yeah south haven isn't too bad of a haul from here. I was just there two weeks ago camping for the weekend. Which way will you take there? if you go down 94 it will be right by me...or down 96 would run you right by where I work (Lansing)
Old 06-21-2003, 09:14 PM

I go I94, so yeh, I drive right past Battle Creek. I just confirmed with Mapquest. I doubt you'd like to be up on Monday morning when I would drive through at about 7 AM, but I'd be coming back through around 6 PM or so. Whichever one works for you is fine with me.

Heck, if you work in Lansing, maybe we could meet halfway on I96 or so next week. Let me know what you'd like to do.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:19 PM

actually I am up then... I leave for Lansing around 8am. but 6 would be fine too
Old 06-21-2003, 09:58 PM

Hey Mike,
if you work in Lansing, could you PM me some time? I want to hear the details. In addition, what do you think are the chances of doing a Lansing area F-body get-together ?

As for the helmet issue: Perhaps it's time to buy a real SA-2000 certified racing helmet?
Old 06-21-2003, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by ws6transam
Hey Mike,
if you work in Lansing, could you PM me some time? I want to hear the details. In addition, what do you think are the chances of doing a Lansing area F-body get-together ?

As for the helmet issue: Perhaps it's time to buy a real SA-2000 certified racing helmet?
Hey Dan! I am online most all day everyday when I am there. Unless I have an appt or am gone to lunch. I forgot you were in Haslett...

I work near where 496 and 127 come together on the border between Lansing and East Lansing
Old 06-21-2003, 11:38 PM

Wolverine Lake is near Detroit, close to 275 & I96 intersection. There's a track day at Gingerman on 6/30 though, and I should be there. That's near South Haven, so not too far from you, right?

A G-Force large converts to 7 1/2 normal helmet size. If you measure your head circumference with a tape measure, just above your ears and about an inch above your eyebrows, it's designed for 23-23.5".

It's this helmet:

http://www.racerwholesale.com/Mercha...Racing+Helmets
What's going on out there? Is it open to all?
Old 06-22-2003, 10:15 AM

www.denniskirk.com

I got the same Bieffe helmet my friend bought from Summit for $100 and I only payed $52. I think it was a special but They are still cheaper than anywhere else plus its a nice helmet.
Old 06-22-2003, 10:58 AM

http://www.cgimotorsports.com for details on the Gingerman track day. You can bring your street car and they will have instructors for the novice classes.

Email them to see if they have more open spots if you're interested. Make sure to read their safety requirements also.

Normally I'm the only F-body at track events. The only other pony cars out there are Mustangs, but there's plenty of Vettes and imports to pick on.
Old 06-22-2003, 07:21 PM

Check out these links they were roughly $40-$50 cheaper then the local shops. Too bad I found those sites after I bought a noggin knocker.
http://www.helmetshop.com/
http://www.discountmotorcyclehelmet.com/
http://www.helmetplanet.com/
Old 06-22-2003, 10:52 PM

http://www.cgimotorsports.com for details on the Gingerman track day.

Normally I'm the only F-body at track events. The only other pony cars out there are Mustangs, but there's plenty of Vettes and imports to pick on.
I'm itching to do another Gingerman track day. It's been way too long, like four years, since I did a track event. Back in August of '99, I cut a 1.27g corner on Gingerman in my Trans Am. I got it documented six ways to sunday: Did it consistently in both left and right-handers, just before the first straight. I got my rider car-sick too

Now that the car sports a roll bar and a six-speed, plus a really big radiator, it ought to be a lot more fun.

Quick Reply: Where to get a helmet?