Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Well, she's going to bed...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 04:53 PM

Well, she's going to bed...

I picked up The Ride from the detail shop today... She looks brand new!! She's in the garage now and she's going into hibernation for the winter. (And yes, Skip, this time I promise to take the battery out!) Tomorrow I'm calling State Farm to have the insurance changed to storage only.

Anybody still have their f-body out? Or are they all in bed for the winter now?
Old 10-29-2002, 04:56 PM

Yea i hate this time of year, mine goes into sleep mode effective nov 1.

the $hit-fire will have to take over vehicular duties for the winter months fackin-a!
Old 10-29-2002, 05:31 PM

Mine's been in hibernation for over a year now. Is that long enough to declare it dead? I mean it's still in pieces. No engine (but I do have it), no trans, no rear, no fuel system, no electrical system, no suspension front or back (not complete anyway), hell I don't think it's even safe to sit in since it's all only being held up on 3 jackstands. Don't even have headlights.

What the crap man

Joe
Old 10-29-2002, 05:49 PM

Bluhawk got put to bed at the beginning of the month. It helps that the weather sucks but I do miss driving her. Let's hope the winter goes by quickly.

Donna
Old 10-29-2002, 06:09 PM

Mine is still active for a little while yet, I have a little bit of fuel system modifications I want to do before she goes in the sleeping bag.

On a side note I have never removed the battery in the 6 years that I have been storing it in the winter and the only problem I had was this past spring when I got it out the battery was dead. I believe because I was having headlight motor problems.

I do plan on pulling one head off this winter and have it flowed to see how poorly my heads were ported
Old 10-29-2002, 08:03 PM
Eternal Member

I have a week or 2 to go if you want to call it that. I drive both f/bodys less than 1000 miles this year. Then they go to sleep until late March or April. I use a battery maintainer on them. It reads how much power is in the battery then turns itself on and charges then turns off when it has a full charge. You just unhook it in the spring and go. they are great. Cost about $20.00 to $30.00 bucks. I have had mine for about 5 years.
Old 10-29-2002, 08:15 PM

My lovely red stripper isnt sleeping, she is in a coma with her heart (motor) out. But every now and then I hear a faint heartbeat, letting me know she loves me. I showed her I love her back today, picked up my new Hurst Pro-matic ratchet shifter Gotta show her some love ya know
Old 10-29-2002, 09:12 PM

Talking

Hey, up here in Canada hibernation only last until the plows have been out and the roads clear up.

Just kidding My car is insured all year round for about $11.00 U.S per month for full coverage. So I will drive it until it snows and the snow stays. The salt and sand are devistating factors If the weather is good I will cruise

Last year I was out driving on Dec 23rd....it snow like hell the for the next week after that
Old 10-29-2002, 09:42 PM

I put her to sleep today. Put storage insurance on it. I still dont know if I just want to put it away for the winter & forget about it. There are things that need to be done, but not sure if I want to mess with it now, or in the Spring.
Old 10-29-2002, 10:35 PM

My little girl has been sleeping since I left in mid July. I woke her up about two weeks ago when I was home visiting. Boy, I sure do miss that car. The Mustang just does'nt cut compared to the Redd Sledd.

James
Old 10-29-2002, 11:36 PM

The SS is down for the winter.
But I drove the 'bird to work tonight. It'll go down for the winter when the first snow flies.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:43 PM

well since i messed something up in the valve train of my truck and i gotta pull it back apart to fix it..looks like ill be driving my firebird till i get that thing fixed..so i dont see my car being stored this winter
Old 10-30-2002, 01:03 AM

Re: Well, she's going to bed...

Originally posted by PurpleHaze95
Anybody still have their f-body out? Or are they all in bed for the winter now?
...or does anybody drive their F-body in winter? ME! It's my only car, I have no choice. D'OH!
Old 10-30-2002, 02:26 AM

Mods,Mods, Mods....

Mine is going in the garage Nov 1st. Then torn apart for a converter(3200) gears(3.73's) and the headers that have been on the bench for about two years now. (Don't want to rush anything ya know!)
Skip
Old 10-30-2002, 10:03 AM

Winter Sleep......

I will be going in for one more round of mods before I put her down for the winter. I also want to go down to Norwalk for test & tune and have her Dyno tested. So, I figure 12/1 sounds like the right time for storage to begin.