Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

still looking for thirdgen camaros..

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 06:23 PM

still looking for thirdgen camaros..

thirdgen camaros are getting harder and harder to find. if you see something on the side of the road or find it anywhere other then autotrader/craigslist let me know.

if i buy the car i'll give you $50 just for finding it possibly more if it's the right car.

oh and this is very important. the cars must be a 91-92 camaro year only UNLESS the car is convertible then it can even be a pontiac. the cars must also be located in michigan or very close to the ohio/michigan border.

happy hunting!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 PM

whats the idea jeff? just buying up cars to part out? or are you goin to look for cars to fix up/resell? also curious as to why only 91-92? if your fixing them up you could always add the newer ground affects, or is it just cause there worth more then the older ones? you gotta let us know what your looking for. cheap cars? really nice cars? good deals?
Old 11-21-2006, 12:31 PM

cheap cars... to part or fix. $2k or less unless the car has good mileage and condition then up to $3k. if it's a vert up to $4k.

as for the years.. honestly those are the only years that are worth anything as parts. so if you happen to buy a lemon you can at least try to recoup some of your money. obviously older irocs are worth some but only in really nice shape. kids either want 91-92 parts or a collector wants an expensive iroc.

the 91-92's are just easier to work with. they are also 100% better for upgrades all around. better for engine swaps and the frames are nicer. just overall better car.

as far as myself i'm trying to find a nice fixer for a friend of mine while possibly putting together a daily driver for myself. unfortunately i can't seem to find one car that fits this as the floors are rusted or the bodys are shot or the drivetrain is a wreck.. there just isn't much out there right now. what i am finding is $k 170,000 mile thirdgens that have rusted floor boards you can put your foot through and motors that need alot of work. it's starting to get crazy. southern cars are even worse at twice the price.

i'm going to look at 2 rs and one z28 today. we'll see but if anyone runs across something let me know. i found a vert in canton for $2500 but the owner doesn't speak very good english so i'm not expecting much.

Last edited by kandied91z; 11-21-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:55 PM

well the rs cars were rusted out and barely ran.. maybe worth $500 in parts.

the z28 shook violently down the road and was leaking coolant into the engine.. 2800 wouldn't budge though so i had to leave it. all 3 cars were rotted out under neath though.

doesn't anyone take care of their thirdgens?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:49 PM

what ever happened with the one with black interior? Was the interior usable? Get the car?
Old 11-23-2006, 12:37 AM

what do you think about this one ?
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jimmyj14...60762328058998
Old 11-23-2006, 09:52 PM
SEMA Media Team

Jeff I'm kinda sick of my 92, I'm sure you've seen it (the 92 white and red one with the TTA drivetrain?)
It won't be a 2k car but it seems to me you have the means to finish it up right (I assume you are a painter or have a line on one)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tur...ats-worth.html
I have a few nibbles but no one has ponied up any cash yet.
Shoot me a PM if you want to take a look at it.
cya
Jim
Old 11-27-2006, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by jimmyj2000

where's it at and how much. the fact it's all different years on it bothers me but if it's somewhat close and reasonable i'll look at it.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by metal
Jeff I'm kinda sick of my 92, I'm sure you've seen it (the 92 white and red one with the TTA drivetrain?)
It won't be a 2k car but it seems to me you have the means to finish it up right (I assume you are a painter or have a line on one)
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tur...ats-worth.html
I have a few nibbles but no one has ponied up any cash yet.
Shoot me a PM if you want to take a look at it.
cya
Jim
last time i talked to you when you bought that car you were asking quite a bit for it and it didn't have a tta drivetrain. then again maybe it was another 91-92 car? what are you thinking for it as to be honest i have absolutly no interest in a TTA drivetrain so i'm not about to pay a high price for one. i'm looking for a lesser priced car so i can do a decent paint job and a ls2 conversion.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by ZYA_LTR
what ever happened with the one with black interior? Was the interior usable? Get the car?
guy sold it out from under me... they'll be others.

i found a beautiful or looks beautiful 91 vert in wv. problem is the damn guy won't send me some decent pictures. they're too damn blurry. says i'm wasting his time asking for some pictures of various angles of the car and asking about the driveability as i won't take the trailer to get it.

even offered him $100 cash if he would take 10 photos and i ended up buying the car. he wouldn't do it.. i tell you these past few months i've ran into more jerks and people who think their coal is a diamond. just crazy. when you can push your foot through a floor board or the car shakes so bad you have to use two hands to keep the wheel straight you don't have a good condition car.

Old 11-27-2006, 06:49 PM

Too bad you dont want a Formula 350. My old white street racer is sitting with no engine in it and the interior removed for the roll cage I was going to install. Bought it from California and its been sitting for like 2 years. Was 100% rust free then, just looks dirty as hell now, nothing ever works out with a new engine. Got a bunch of stuff for it laying around here and there.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:31 AM

let me know more about it. i personally wouldn't be interested in it as i already have a gutted caged car but i know others who are into the pontiac thirdgens that might.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:16 PM

Are you willing to go down South to get a clean 3rd gen? I just spent a week with my girlfriends brother telling me how cheap they are in TN. He just sold his rust free camaro, it had ground effects and everything, only problem was the dash was cracked, $700. I looked online and I couldn't find any decent ones down there but he says people don't put them for sale online, but he sees them all the time for $1500-$3000 that are really clean. Do you want a V8 car or will a V6 car work? I can have him keep an eye out for a clean car, I was actually thinking of getting one for myself if they are as nice and cheap as he says they are.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM

engine doesn't matter if the price is right. rust is the key.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:45 PM

Jeff, I just saw a 91/92 camar0 down here, RS I think, dark green, I think it said $2400, you want some pics and info?

Quick Reply: still looking for thirdgen camaros..