Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

South Bend Indiana

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 01:21 AM

South Bend Indiana

Sup fellas,

I'm moving from Austin Texas to South Bend end of the month. I know jack about the area accept that it gets friggn cold. I'm transferring jobs up there and moving up solo. I don't know anyone nor do I have any family up there. So I thought I'd throw out a shought to say hi to any peeps there. I hope there's a good racing scene up there or a track near by. If I meet anyone from here, I look forward to a few runs

So don't be poons and let me know how it is out there and if your ready to run lol
Old 01-16-2004, 08:28 AM

So don't be poons and let me know how it is out there and if your ready to run lol

We don't have poons around here....got shots for that.
Welcome to the cold...check out the M9 post.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:37 AM

Your not that far from Martin Raceway in Martin Michigan. Alot of us West side Michigan guys get down there in the summer. You should try to make it one day. Probably the nicest track around, its only 2 years new.

Q
Old 01-16-2004, 08:41 AM

Your only about a half hour east of me. Where at in South Bend are you staying? I get into South Bend a lot. There are a lot of cruises and car shows in the summer and Osceola Dragway is a few miles from South Bend.
Skip
Old 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM

Thanks to all for the replies,

S-Willis, I will be staying right by Norte Dame. I work in the hotel industry. I will be working/living at the Jamison Inn. It's a block off campus. I will probably be staying there for a while, unless I choose to get a house "dunno". I'm assuming it won't be warming up in Indiana til around Aprill or so??? Looks like Oscela Dragway will have a new guest soon

Limige, I'm moving to South Bend Indiana.

KGRESOCK, yeah the cold... I've never been in snow b4 and I'm really not lookn forward to that much. Sure I want to experience it, but I'm sure it'll get old quick. Definately sumpn new to me; a whole other life-style. From the sunny beaches of Aouth Texas to the iglo territory

dreamer1q, how far is Michigan from South Bend?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:18 PM

Martin Speedway can only be about a hour from South Bend. It takes me 1 hour 15 minutes from my home to get to the boarder
Old 01-16-2004, 07:40 PM

There are a few guys that post in the mid west section from the south bend area. Also you can check out www.indianaracingscene.com there are guys from your area on there with chevys, fords, and whatever.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:10 PM

txredbird, There's a BIG Cavalcade of Wheels show in March at the Joyce Center(Notre Dame) in March, I'll let you know when.
I also race up at Martin on Sat. nights. I'll give you a call when I go up . You'll like the coolnight air!!!!
Old 01-16-2004, 11:50 PM

I am in Benton Harbor Michigan, I am about 25 minutes from South Bend. If i am not in Detroit on the weekends in the summer, i usually go down to S.B. to realize how much it sucks out this way.
Old 01-17-2004, 05:35 PM

Cool, sounds like it won't to bad up accept for the winter Look forward to meetn up with some of u. LTwonz thanks 4 the site info. I'll be up there soon.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:33 PM

I am also just a few minutes from SB.

OC is a hillbilly joint but the track itself is A-OK.

I mostly just autox my car. There are events at the TireRack headquarters/warehouse. Which is in South Bend.
And various other places.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:48 PM

Your welcome and I know of at least two guys from South Bend that post on here with some seriuos rides.

lt1Tony (Tony) 94Z,396
chevyguy3 (Darren) not sure on set up always changing last i knew he was running like 10.6 an motor.
Old 01-18-2004, 09:11 PM

South Bend and Mishawaka are very nice areas. My wife and I like to go down there, especially since they have a Chick-fil-a and there are none in Michigan