Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

selling a 98 Z28, a4

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:09 PM

selling a 98 Z28, a4

Do to work slowing down so much and a layoff in the near future i have to sell the Camaro and our boat. The car is a 1998 Camaro, auto. 2.73 gear, engine is stock. The car has about 61,000 miles on it and runs and shifts strong. I have only had it a couple of months. shouldnt have got it but after test driving it and feeling the LS1 power i was hooked,lol. It has a salvage title because of a wreck the former owner was in. It does have a few issues but all are minor and i have put some new things on it. So far i have put new edelbrock adjustable coilovers on the front, 4 new shocks, replaced radio head unit, tierod ends and ball joints. What should i ask for a starting price? I really would like to get 6500.00 for it. Any advice?
Old 08-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Re: selling a 98 Z28, a4

what kind of boat you selling?

that might be a good price, but alot of people will be scared off by the salvage title. but the price is low enough (IMO) to sell it anyways. what kind of damage did it have to be salvaged?
sorry bout the work thing and good luck selling it.
chris
Old 08-06-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by michigan2500hd
Any advice?
1. Color?
2. Do you have pictures Before & After the accident?
3. T-Tops?
4. What (other) problems does it have:

Originally Posted by michigan2500hd
It does have a few issues but all are minor and i have put some new things on it.

Hope you find a buyer for it.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:02 AM

[QUOTE=one wicked element]1. Color?
2. Do you have pictures Before & After the accident?
3. T-Tops?
4. What (other) problems does it have:

Hope you find a buyer for it. [/QUOTE The car is white and no i dont have pictures of it before the accident because i didnt own it then. Yes it has t-tops and they seem to seal good. As for problems the pass. door has a rattle in it when the window is down. There is a code set ( p0410) Secondary air, i removed the pump but still have it.For some reason it wont let me load pictures so if you go to www.mifbody and look in my garage ( same user name) there should be some pics of the car.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
what kind of boat you selling?

that might be a good price, but alot of people will be scared off by the salvage title. but the price is low enough (IMO) to sell it anyways. what kind of damage did it have to be salvaged?
sorry bout the work thing and good luck selling it.
chris
The boat is a 19'6" Sea Sprite ( looks like a Four Winns ) its a I/O with a 3.8L buick or chevy motor.Seats 8 passengers , everything works. Newer tires on trailer. Oh and its a 1985. Has a cd player with a alpine amp and JL sub. Had the boat for about 3 years, bought it from my nieghbor who had it for quite a few years. Asking $3500 obo
Old 08-07-2006, 05:45 PM

for the rattle there is the up/down track that I see broken alot. not too expensive to fix. as for the AIR pump, no big deal since alot of people will throw that away anyways when/if they mod it. but it'll make it harder to sell to the typical person since they wont understand any of that and will question if thats the only thing wrong. the problem with that could be either the pump is bad or the oneway valves on the mann.s are blown out.

contact Bill Hemming. I just removed his AIR system and it all worked before I took it off. Im sure he'd sell it to you for a good price. his screen name is BillWS6

if I can sell my Iroc I'll be looking for a boat just like that. sounds cool. whats the condition of the interior/seats/carpet? paint cond. on the boat? send me some pics of that.
chris
Old 08-08-2006, 08:25 AM

Does the car come with the Ground effects kit? What spoiler is on the car now? Do you have the stock spoiler?
Old 08-08-2006, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by BLUETOPTA
Does the car come with the Ground effects kit? What spoiler is on the car now? Do you have the stock spoiler?
I removed the ground effects and sold them but the spoiler is still on. Some like it some dont. I wanted to find someone with a white camaro to trade spoilers but so far everyone that wants to trade has a dif. color,lol. For pics go to wwwmifbody.com and look in " my garage" i have the same user name.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
for the rattle there is the up/down track that I see broken alot. not too expensive to fix. as for the AIR pump, no big deal since alot of people will throw that away anyways when/if they mod it. but it'll make it harder to sell to the typical person since they wont understand any of that and will question if thats the only thing wrong. the problem with that could be either the pump is bad or the oneway valves on the mann.s are blown out.

contact Bill Hemming. I just removed his AIR system and it all worked before I took it off. Im sure he'd sell it to you for a good price. his screen name is BillWS6

if I can sell my Iroc I'll be looking for a boat just like that. sounds cool. whats the condition of the interior/seats/carpet? paint cond. on the boat? send me some pics of that.
chris
Hey if i can sell the boat that means i might be able to hang onto the Camaro longer,lol. The interior is to be honest fairly good. 1 or 2 seats have some tears. Carpet is intact but a little worn, not frayed or ripped. I store it inside my garage to keep things dry. P.M. me if you want to look at it. The paint is good except for the rear panel, i wax it about 4 times a year.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:27 PM

PM Sent.