Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

NX install pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 05:20 PM

NX install pics

I have finished everything under the hood except for the WOT switch, I have to get a different one that has a longer lever than the one that came with the kit.

Here are some pictures, let me know what you think.

Pic #1

Pic #2

Pic #3

I just have to finish all the switches in the inside and plumb the purge solenoid yet.
Old 06-08-2003, 07:29 PM

GREAT...now I have to go get one Damn you Chad Looks good, cant wait to see it work.

Q
Old 06-08-2003, 08:03 PM

Looks good Chad!
Old 06-08-2003, 08:06 PM

Originally posted by dreamer1q
GREAT...now I have to go get one Damn you Chad Looks good, cant wait to see it work.

Q
Funny, I was thinking the same thing
Old 06-08-2003, 08:15 PM

Q
You gotta get that thing to the track so I know what to shoot for.

Mike, check out the for sale section I have seen some superchargers in there. Or you could head over to Boost and have them hook you up a turbo.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by Grover

Your telling me....I keep trying. I got the lineloc all done, and I think I have the revlimiter setup to my t-handle switch. But I still have a few bugs before I go to the track. I did get the bar in, so at least they wont kick me out right away. Hoping for this wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed. Now I have to work on getting Brads ready for St Ignace. We have to pull his rearend and tranny. It never ends I swear.

Q
Old 06-08-2003, 08:35 PM

Mike, check out the for sale section I have seen some superchargers in there. Or you could head over to Boost and have them hook you up a turbo.
Boost? maybe later With 132k miles I am pushing it as it is...I'll wait til it breaks

In the meantime, the modfest is drawing nearer... headers are on there way (Jet hot long tubes) as are the rockers, converter, TB, LCAs, DS loop, heads are at the porter, cam and springs are here, MSD is here, valves are waiting for me to get the MO out tomorrow, intake has been hot tanked and will be ported this week for the TB and gasket matching... Pro stars coming too...skinnies up front, 26x11.50 et streets in the back

And I still got some more weight to eliminate
Old 06-08-2003, 08:38 PM

Your telling me....I keep trying. I got the lineloc all done, and I think I have the revlimiter setup to my t-handle switch. But I still have a few bugs before I go to the track. I did get the bar in, so at least they wont kick me out right away. Hoping for this wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed. Now I have to work on getting Brads ready for St Ignace. We have to pull his rearend and tranny. It never ends I swear.

Q
How was the bar installation? If I put one in, I am leaning toward the bolt in bar instead of the weld in that way I can do it myself.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:42 PM

How was the bar installation? If I put one in, I am leaning toward the bolt in bar instead of the weld in that way I can do it myself.
is a bolt in bar legal?
Old 06-08-2003, 09:13 PM

The install wasnt that bad. Just make sure you have a extra long bit to get all the way thorugh. Other then that it was just bolt and go. I can give you a hand if you need one. It only takes a few hours and a jack. you do have to pull the front seats, but the convertible is differnet in the rear. Not sure what yours would be like back there. As for legal, I was informed it is still a legal bar. Anyone want to oppose that, please step forward, and quote the rule book if you will.

Q
Old 06-08-2003, 09:32 PM

I just looked at Wolfe Racecraft's website and the bolt in mounting is NHRA legal, but it did say on there that the rear bars must be welded to the main hoop to be legal. We would need someone with a rule book to verify that.

As far as my rear bars, they would mount where the rear seat belts used to be.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:36 AM

Install looks good Chad.
Maybe next year we'll have a rollbar install fest.
With the heads and cam Chris won I'll need one too. And I've got the welding covered
Old 06-09-2003, 09:12 AM

'Bout the same as Redtird...

... except mine is on the passenger side due to MSD products all on the driver side fender panel. You just might find the mounting brackets provided by NX are just a little lame. I always have to readjust the solenoids for drooping, weak setup.

I am confused by pic# 3... Is that an inline/aux fuel pump?

Looks good though, Chag!

HInk
Old 06-09-2003, 11:25 AM

Re: 'Bout the same as Redtird...

Originally posted by Redbird

I am confused by pic# 3... Is that an inline/aux fuel pump?

HInk
What are you looking at? That is the fuel solenoid at the top of the picture for the wet kit. I just ran the fuel line through the split tubing to make it a little neater.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:23 PM

Arrow WTF?

Okay fuel solenoid up by the intake. What are the 2 solenoids on the panel, N2O and (Purge Solenoid)?

HInk (can't afford no purge solenoid)

Quick Reply: NX install pics