Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

milan, wednessday, nov 1 ! :cool:

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 06:24 PM

milan, wednessday, nov 1 ! :cool:

ok, deleted my last post to unclutter the forum and so people will see this new info. Bill called milan this morning and they ARE open tomorrow, the 1st, even though its not on the schedule. hopefully the word doesnt get out to everyone that they are open and it'll be slow enough to get atleast a few runs in. Im gonna have my trailer loaded up tonight to be ready to leave straight from work. maybe this time I'll get to leave on time and drive straight there instead of goin way the F out of my way. but, I think the cars running good now and should see its potential. well sort of. it still lacks a real tune and all that, but it should still beat my previous best of 12.09 @112mph by alot. I'll leave the dyno tune for next years single upgrade. lol. and a

anyways thought I'd pass on the good news and let ya'll know bout them being open. Im hoping my buddy goes with his cam corder to capture my first 11 sec. pass on film.

if anyone else goes to watch and brings a camera take some pics of my car please. and pass them along. if my friend goes I'll post up a link to the vid.s

see ya at the track!
Old 10-31-2006, 07:52 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
g'luck have fun!
Old 11-01-2006, 11:54 AM

yeah, the weather has grounded my my last few attempts to get out, so i'm gonna skip work and head down to milan.....i've got a silver z28 with black wheels.....trying to hit 11s as well.....
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM

Damn it...left my helmet in Lansing.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:01 PM

good luck 11s are just a quater mile away.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:15 PM

7:15 PM and it's cold and dry all around Michigan... I hope you guys get your best E/T and MPH ever with this dense air!
Old 11-01-2006, 07:44 PM

i got 6 runs in and only stayed a hour....my first runs since the engine replacement and tune, and it bounced off the rev limiter from first to second and second to third.......i aborted all but two of the runs, two because it wouldn't shift to third and two because i couldn't hook up.....i hooked up ok on one of the runs, and ran a 12.2 at 111 with a 1.64 60'

pretty good for stock internal, but it pisses me off that i couldn't get a clean run....even on that run it bounced of the limiter twice from 1 to 2 and 3 times from 2 to 3......i wasn't in a very good mood when i left
Old 11-01-2006, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by headingeast
i got 6 runs in and only stayed a hour....my first runs since the engine replacement and tune, and it bounced off the rev limiter from first to second and second to third.......i aborted all but two of the runs, two because it wouldn't shift to third and two because i couldn't hook up.....i hooked up ok on one of the runs, and ran a 12.2 at 111 with a 1.64 60'

pretty good for stock internal, but it pisses me off that i couldn't get a clean run....even on that run it bounced of the limiter twice from 1 to 2 and 3 times from 2 to 3......i wasn't in a very good mood when i left

damn, somehow I managed to not see you there. I spent most of the night racing, and hanging with some friends that came along also. that revlimiter thing could be caused by the tune ya know. not sure how it works, but the shift mph points have to be before the revlimiter enough that it doesnt reach the rev limiter point during the shift. make any sense? hopefully thats your only problem.

what a night I had though.

NEW BEST OF 11.75 @113.95mph on a 1.56 sixty!!!!!! how bout them apples. damn Im so fricken happy finally got my 11 sec. runs in. it was very consisten all night running only two bad runs out of 11 runs. the rest were between 11.75 and 11.96, mostly in the 11.8x range. also lots of low 1.6 sixty foots. man that feels crazy fast launching like that. not too bad for a car thats built to run on nitrous. cant wait till that day. but unfortunatly the next step is very expensive. dynotune, 9" rear end, roll cage, progressive n20 controller. already have the nitrous kit waiting safely in the basement. I wonder how long my 10bolt will last like this? Ive seen lots of people make dozens of runs on a 10 bolt so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones and mine will last a long time.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:25 PM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
congrats!!! man that is great et for the mph!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
damn, somehow I managed to not see you there. I spent most of the night racing, and hanging with some friends that came along also. that revlimiter thing could be caused by the tune ya know. not sure how it works, but the shift mph points have to be before the revlimiter enough that it doesnt reach the rev limiter point during the shift. make any sense? hopefully thats your only problem.

what a night I had though.

NEW BEST OF 11.75 @113.95mph on a 1.56 sixty!!!!!! how bout them apples. damn Im so fricken happy finally got my 11 sec. runs in. it was very consisten all night running only two bad runs out of 11 runs. the rest were between 11.75 and 11.96, mostly in the 11.8x range. also lots of low 1.6 sixty foots. man that feels crazy fast launching like that. not too bad for a car thats built to run on nitrous. cant wait till that day. but unfortunatly the next step is very expensive. dynotune, 9" rear end, roll cage, progressive n20 controller. already have the nitrous kit waiting safely in the basement. I wonder how long my 10bolt will last like this? Ive seen lots of people make dozens of runs on a 10 bolt so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones and mine will last a long time.
congrats on your runs man!

i saw you unloading and whatnot, but i didn't stick around long, i was pretty pissed off .......talking to a couple guys on the motownmuscle board it sounds as though it may be the shifting points.....i figured once i got it tuned by someone who knows what there are doing i was set, but it sounds as though its pretty common for shift points to move around with the weather and whatnot......and i sold my tuner thinking i wouldn't need it, so i guess i'll be getting a laptop or another handheld now....

i know what you mean about the 60'.......i couldn't hook for most of the night, but that one run i had a 1.64 i'm sure the look on my face was priceless......
Old 11-01-2006, 10:14 PM

aha, you left early? I could have made 10 back to back runs in 20 min.s when I first got there. but I was trying to take it easy knowing Id get alot of runs in and i wanted my buddies to see me run some 11's. bill got some video on his camera, but I dont think it'll come out very good since its a digi camera, not a camcorder. hopefuly he'll have that up soon.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:54 PM

aha, you left early? I could have made 10 back to back runs in 20 min.s when I first got there. but I was trying to take it easy knowing Id get alot of runs in and i wanted my buddies to see me run some 11's. bill got some video on his camera, but I dont think it'll come out very good since its a digi camera, not a camcorder. hopefuly he'll have that up soon.

yeah, i was gone by 5! 6 runs and none of them without issues, i couldn't change the shift points so i took off......
Old 11-02-2006, 10:17 AM

It was awesome to see you get that 11.75.

I looked at the videos last night and you are right, ****ty. With it being night time and no real zoom on my digital camera the videos are really hard to see.

I'll take a look at them closer tonight and see if any really came out well enough to see. You were just going to dam fast

My turn next!

Later,

Bill
Old 11-02-2006, 12:30 PM

Alright....congrats Chris.
Kevin
Old 11-02-2006, 01:48 PM

Chris,
What plugs/gap are you running?

Quick Reply: milan, wednessday, nov 1 ! :cool: