Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

A little stoplight action with OneSickSix

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 05:01 PM

A little stoplight action with OneSickSix

Jolly & Okemos road, this afternoon: I got an SUV full of kids, and after honking, then revving it up, finally grabbed his attention. Light goes green, I get the holeshot and rocket off the line.

---I guess we need a rematch??
Old 10-25-2004, 08:01 PM

Re: A little stoplight action with OneSickSix

Dan Burk, you may have to change your screen name to OneSickSUV!!!!

And, young, Focus-driving Dan, you should know better than to dis your elders. Dan Burk is NOT an "old man." You young punks today have no respect!

RRRR
Old 10-25-2004, 08:30 PM

Yeah, I'm on my lunch break trying to get home to diagnose somethnig wrong with my car when all of a sudden I get next to a damn Jeep WHO REVS AT ME. I'm like "what the hell is this ****?" so I look over and see him grinning and I am thinking "thats gotta be WS6.." LOL....

LOL~! But yeah, we do need a rematch! I had a ****ing CRV pull out in front of me PLUS I didn't want to go as I was dripping oil out of my oil pressure sending unit!

I couldn't hear you until the rev tho. LOL. Damn kids and their damn hippity-hop music on big speakers eh? LOL. Let me replace my sending unit and we'll have some fun.

You'll usually find me on that road about 2pm because thats when I take my break. I work up the street there at Capital Honda in the service dept. BTW: What'd you think of my oil dripping project V6? :P
Old 10-25-2004, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by RRRR
Dan Burk, you may have to change your screen name to OneSickSUV!!!!

And, young, Focus-driving Dan, you should know better than to dis your elders. Dan Burk is NOT an "old man." You young punks today have no respect!

RRRR
Hey! OneSickSUV might not be to bad! I haven't told anyone about it yet, but I have embarked on the creation of a CUSTOM Hooker Aerochamber Cat-back exhaust for my Grand Cherokee! No one makes one. Nothing on the aftermarket anymore, as far as I can tell, other than Borla and DynoMax. Well, I didn't want either one. So, I ordered me a Random Technology max-flo catylitic converter, and a bunch of 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent pipe, along with the Hooker muffler. Since Hooker doesn't make one that fits the GC dimensions, I bought the closest one and it's currently at Bannasch Welding getting cut apart and re-welded to my specifications.

Arr Arr Arr! I've already started shopping for a new torque converter and might consider getting some of those performance Magnum cylinder heads so that I can whack on MORE unsuspecting V6 F-bodies!

As for "Old", I guess that's relative, isn't it? My kids would think that anyone who drives a Focus is old! Heck, the kids think anyone past sixth grade is old!

OneSickSix, I hope theres no hard feelings 'bout this post: I know you were listening to your radio and not paying any attention to me, but that's the beauty of a black V8 Grand Cherokee: No one suspects it until it's too late.

Last edited by ws6transam; 10-25-2004 at 08:38 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 08:36 PM

You know what then. I'll bust out my beat up 4.3 GMC Sonoma Nothin beats my swiss cheese exhaust mod!

oh, yeah, and it was funny. LOL - no hard feelins at ALL. Bout time someone spotted me!

Last edited by OneSickSix; 10-25-2004 at 08:43 PM.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:06 PM

[QUOTE=OneSickSix]LOL~! But yeah, we do need a rematch! I had a ****ing CRV pull out in front of me PLUS I didn't want to go as I was dripping oil out of my oil pressure sending unit!

"Your best, losers always whine about their best, winners go home and *uck the prom queen!"

Just kidding, I'd love to see a race between a Grand cherokee and a camaro. I wanted a Grand Cherokee with the 360 but got stuck with a slow a$$ regular cherokee with the 4.0 and 5 speed. Good Luck to both of you.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:30 PM

Nice Kill Dan! LOL

I think most Minivans could beat my Firebird 3.4L wintercar.
Old 10-25-2004, 11:54 PM

LOL. Yeah, with a couple little mods that 3.4 wakes up tho just wait till he runs in to me again
Old 10-26-2004, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by SVT03
Who are you calling young?

Actually, OneSickSUVDrivingDan is probably not that much older than me..what are ya, in your late 30's?
You nailed that one! 39 and counting. With recently activated receding hairline option, as found in the new Windows XP service pack 2.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SVT03
See, I am only 7 behind you. I act young, and look pretty young still. No hair problems, although I have noticed this stuff growin on my shoulders and back that I never had before.
Reply #1:
Hmm, your supposed to spray the Rogaine on your head. Do you keep missing the spot? If so, try wearing a T-shirt to mask off the exposed skin.

Reply #2:
You must drink that RED BULL stuff. That's what happens when you exceed two cans per day. Pretty soon your nails will curl and turn black and your canines will start to grow if you dont stop soon.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by robvas
Dan, what you need is to trade her in on a new Hemi Grand Cherokee!

A friend of mine used to have a JGC with the 5.9 and it moved all right.
Yah, the 5.9 is a fast beast, but kind of hard to find. There's probably less than ten in all of Lansing.

I wouldnt mind trading on a Hemi GC: I am very interested in that engine. Lots of port velocity in the heads. However, the new Hemi GC doesn't have any provisions for a trailer hitch. I'm thinking I ought to just buy a Hemi crate engine and swap it into my '95. I could buy it for one year's worth of HJGC value depreciation, I think.
Old 10-26-2004, 05:26 PM

But the only problem with the hemis is AFTERMARKET performance is not really available, and what is = no warranty. and there are problems with the motors taht u need the warranty for. like moronic things when they were build down in mexico. plus GAS GUZZLER. somehow right now im getting 14.1 to the gallon city. but everyone seems to be honking at me and passing lol.
but the good thing is they run on 89 there for no more premium gas costs. but soon ill have my firebird completed, and back to premium i go. but will recieve better gass milage city. lol. with about 150 more hp. but i will say this the new Hemis have potential. and alot of power that goes unoticed because DC tones them down to save the rest of the power train from needing to be replaced. they should have designed a transmisison just for the hemis. due to the fact they cant spin in a 1-2 shift. but tear it up off the start. they feel like they break loose at around 90 when the 2-3 occurs. the problem is a hole TCM controller. SOon though from what im todl they are coming out with a new PCM from MOPAR for the Trucks. I cant wait. It gets rid of TCM and advances timing for more power. btw these engiens can take a beating with NOS. but the tranny cannot.
Old 10-26-2004, 08:46 PM

WROOOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGG. Mopar is supporting the hemi like WOAH. Talking to my uncle (Daimler Chrysler Engineer, performance & precision parts) he informed me the SRT cars will be getting HUGE support from the MOPAR upgrades part SOON.
Old 10-26-2004, 09:00 PM

just a lil FYI thats for the srt charger suposed to come out in 06. just what im informed. btw there are goign to be at least two new PCM's coming out for our trucks. hopefully soon. and believe me i will be buying one. but then there goes all of Kenne Belles money. hes right now testing the 04 hemi supercharger. ps the 03 pcm is completely different than the 04's he scraped the 03 due to tuning problems. DC made the Hemi Very Aftermarket Unfriendly. Mopar wants the money and will get it as far as im conserned i will buy straight from the horses mouth so to say. and plus this way i get employee discount on the new PCM lol. I cant wait till it comes out. HOpefully TCM is gone. = hard shifts. all the power going to the wheels. no more throttle cut off between shifts. but the warranty is the only question will they keep it in effect.