Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

I miss having an f-body

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 11:43 AM

Unhappy I miss having an f-body

ever since my 95 z was totalled in February my life hasnt been the same. i was without a car for a while until my brother loaned me his 98 gt, and although this car is alot funner to drive (its a 5spd as opposed to my auto z), it still doesnt measure up to 'ol "Sheila." i finally turned 18 and am in the process of getting ready for college. i plan on going to ferris state university to study automotive technology, but at the same time i want another f-body. i know ill benefit more by going to school, b/c 10 yrs from now ill be able to buy as many cars as a i want, but dam if it aint hard seeing a red LT1 Z and remembering the good ol days . anyway thanx for listening to my sob story, i havent posted on here in a while i just wanted to stop by and say hi...if anyone sees me on gratiot or at the wild woodys car shows give me a hollar, its nice talking to you guys.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:44 PM

Re: I miss having an f-body

Sorry to hear about that. I can only relate in the sense that I was without my car for over a month after being in an accident, and before the day of the accident I had only driven the car a couple times as it has had issues that needed fixing. Driving down the road seeing other fbodies made me feel almost envious and at the same time I just imagined the fun I had with my own car. I don't know, maybe you can get school loans and work part time to pick up a low priced lt1???
Old 07-22-2004, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by chevyboy_z28
i know ill benefit more by going to school, b/c 10 yrs from now ill be able to buy as many cars as a i want
I hate how high school counselors make kids think if they go to college they're guaranteed $100k+ NEWSFLASH! college does not make you valuble! it's meerly a foot in the door!
Old 07-22-2004, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by CPFarhood
I hate how high school counselors make kids think if they go to college they're guaranteed $100k+ NEWSFLASH! college does not make you valuble! it's meerly a foot in the door!
NEWSFLASH! Only the "lucky ones" can make $100k+ without some type of post-secondary education (college/university). That "foot in the door" you talk about is quite important, 'cause if there are 2 applicants for 1 job, and only 1 of them has a college degree, then guess who's not getting a job?

Go to college and get a good job. It worked for me.

As far as "life without a Camaro" goes, I totally understand how you feel. Almost 4 years ago is when I sold my '81 Z28, and I STILL kick my *** about it to this day! Sure, I love my '02, but there was something about that '81 that I loved more, because I had a lot more money and TIME invested into it I think. Then, after selling the '81, I drove a '96 Sunfire for a year and a half..........not good for the soul I tell you.

Don't worry, soon enough you'll be back into an F-body again. Maybe by the time you can afford it, the 5th-gens will be out!!
Old 07-22-2004, 07:23 PM
WP

Talking Re: I miss having an f-body

I'll sell you mine ,actually it'll go up for sale w/in a week or so.
Old 07-22-2004, 09:06 PM

^^^ so what's replacing the Formula??? Anything worth talking about?!
Old 07-23-2004, 06:27 AM

Here ya go...
http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284528
Old 07-24-2004, 05:43 AM
SEMA Media Team

Originally Posted by CPFarhood
I hate how high school counselors make kids think if they go to college they're guaranteed $100k+
Yea who needs College.. Prisons are full of guys who never even finished HighSchool and were making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.. ok bad example