Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

how much should I ask

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 10:11 AM

how much should I ask

Well I think I have to sell my Bird for monetary reasons. How much is a decent asking price?

1997 Formula
6 speed manual
110k miles
has pretty much all the options minus leather
Old 07-31-2003, 10:49 AM

If you go to kbb.com, pick private party value and answer the questions you will get a idea of what to ask.
Old 07-31-2003, 11:58 AM

It says $7400. I guess the only reason I am aking i because in my opinion real world prices are generally not reflected well in regards to kbb prices.
Now what is the best way to sell the car?

AutoTrader? Should I put it in Muscle Car trader (thats where I found it)
Old 07-31-2003, 12:32 PM

Originally posted by clownhair
I guess the only reason I am aking i because in my opinion real world prices are generally not reflected well in regards to kbb prices.
You are correct. I just use it as a guide to get me in the ballpark.

An ad here is free but the people on the camaro boards are usually very aware of the market conditions (very poor for sellers right now) and will only buy if it's a really killer deal or a rare/collectable car.

Autotrader is ok for the price but their run 'till it sells is bs. I had to keep calling every few weeks to have them put my car back in their publication. The Free Press has a package for around 90 bucks for 3 weeks. That's how I sold my last Z.

It's really tough to sell these cars. I had a 96 w/ 76k miles last fall. After 4 eBay auctions with a 6500 reserve and 3 printed ads, I finally accepted an offer for 6k.

I believe there is a buyer out there for every car. If you can wait it out, you may get somewhere near private party value. If you need to sell it right away, you may have to take less.