Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

How are the jobs in your'e area????

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 08:42 PM

How are the jobs in your'e area????

Just wondering if jobs are becoming slim in the area you live in?? It seems here in west michigan people are loosing their jobs left and right, places like Mijers grocery stores(mostly office jobs) Steelcase (where my dad works) they have cut TONS of jobs and may be totally gone in a few years!!!, luckly my dad still has his job for now, he went from a lighiting engineer to manufacturing in the factory, a refrigator company (Electrolux) may close tomorrow another 3 to 4 thousand jobs, Bissel (maker of the famous Bissel vaccumes) has moved all thier manufacturing and only the main office remains. These are just the large ones in the area that I know of, and i'm shure there are many more!! I work construction and thats not doing so hot either, we have guys laid off, in the past 4 years i've been laid off every year aroud this time (it may happen this year) prior to those years at my company they haven't laid people off in like 15 years!! Many other trades have people laid off too, heck some guys in the union have been off for well over a year!! I just don't know what the hell is going on around here!!!! Any one have any ideas why?????
Old 01-09-2004, 12:01 AM

I heard about those layoffs on the news and I feel bad for those involved. They can't compete with cheap foreign labor.