Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

HELP!!! I need car insurance like yesterday. Any good providers in Grand Rapids?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2002, 01:01 PM

Exclamation HELP!!! I need car insurance like yesterday. Any good providers in Grand Rapids?

I just moved to the Grand Rapids area (actually Comstock Park), and in doing this I changed banks. Well, out of the rush to move, I forgot to tell my insurance agent that I changed banks.

Nationwide, my insurance agent, does a automatic withdrawal from my account. Well, Since there was no money in that account, my payment didn't go through. I received a call at the start of August letting me know that it didnt go through. I told them I would pay last month and this month on the due date of this month - the 15th. They said this was fine.

I called my insurance agent today, to give them the new account/check info so they can pull from my new bank.

They said that my policy had be canceled on Aug. 9th. WTF!!!!! I'm pissed. Very very pissed. I explained what happened, and tried to fix it. I received no warning about this. I've been driving around with no insurance for 6 days now.

I asked if we could re-instate my policy as of the 15? I told them I could pay both amounts in full.

"NO".

WTF??????

They said that since they have canceled my policy that I would have to pay what I back owe, the next 6 months, and pay for my renters insurance. It totals almost $1,100!!!!!!!!!!

WTF!!

I told them there was no way thats possible. I have other bills that need to go out, I can't just drop my whole pay check on that.

I'm going to talk to the manager when he gets back from lunch, and if he can't fix it, I'm going to have to go to a new insurace agent.

I'd be looking one in the Rockford, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids Area. I'm looking for low rates, and good service.

I'll need to insure 2 cars, and have renters insurance. I would be insuring me, 23 - no tickets, and my g.f 19, 1 ticket.

TIA.
Milo
Old 08-15-2002, 03:21 PM

I work with Oliver VanDyke Insurance off from Bridge Street. Pretty good place, I've been with them for three years now with no issues.

------------------
Grand Rapids, MI
2002 WS6
http://www.sigma-epsilon.org/steve
stevedertien@attbi.com
Whisper Lid, Grotyohann Headers and Y-pipe, Corsa Exhaust, BMR SFC's, McLeod Single Disk, Spohn Torque Arm, LCA and Panhard Rod and much more to come
Old 08-15-2002, 03:22 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
I work with Oliver VanDyke Insurance off from Bridge Street. Pretty good place, I've been with them for three years now with no issues.

</font>
Number???
Old 08-15-2002, 04:04 PM

Sorry, just found it. It should be 616 454-0800. Everyone there has been pretty helpful.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:15 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
Sorry, just found it. It should be 616 454-0800. Everyone there has been pretty helpful.</font>
Thanks......I called them and left them a message. They went home for the day.

I'm insuring 2 cars:
'98 Camaro &lt;&lt;100 comp/500coll.
'89 Pontiac LeMans. &lt;&lt;PL/PD

I'm insuring myself and my g.f. She has 1 ticket for 10 over. I'm also trying to find a place that does renters insurance.

My rates are: 240-280 a month. Some are $500 down. This such crap!

I'll let you know how they were.