Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

FS : Weld Draglite front runners

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 08:22 PM

FS : Weld Draglite front runners

I have a pair of 15 in. Weld Draglite front runners(3.5 in. wide) with push on center caps for sale...........They are the dual bolt pattern wheels, 5 on 4.5 and 5 on 4.75
they were on a car once, car was never driven, just pushed around, they have new tires, 165R15
they are just sitting in my basement and have been for the past 2 years

I'm looking to sell these local, asking $220 obo for the pair, to buy these new with the tires you are looking at $280 + tax + shipping, total would probably be around $300

I can bring them to the Nat's if anybody is interested
Dave, blue 89 IROC

Last edited by Dave89IROC; 07-22-2003 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 08:48 PM

bring them dave. I might be interested. did you see my post about selling some nitto drag radials? interested in a trade? Im bringing mine anyways if I sell them, I would be interested in your rims/tires.
chris
Old 07-22-2003, 09:11 PM

Dave, if they will fit my fourth gen, definelty bring them. If they arent already sold, I will have the cash for them there for ya. They are mounted and ready for use right??? I sure hope so. This will force me to bring the ET drags and install my wheel studs, which I have been putting off for awhile

Q

Last edited by dreamer1q; 07-22-2003 at 09:15 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:12 PM

hmmmm................

I'll bring them, we'll see what happens then
Old 07-22-2003, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by dreamer1q
Dave, definelty bring them. If they arent already sold, I will have the cash for them there for ya. They are mounted and ready for use right??? I sure hope so. This will force me to bring the ET drags and install my wheel studs, which I have been putting off for awhile

Q
they are all set to use, you will need lug nuts though, the only nuts I had for them were 7/16 for a 67 camaro, and that was 2 years ago, I belive they require the extra long (35mm?) flat seat(washer) style lug nuts
Old 07-22-2003, 09:22 PM

Originally posted by dreamer1q
Dave, if they will fit my fourth gen, definelty bring them.
Q
I'm not sure if they will fit a fourth gen(never tried) or not, someone else here might know, they are the 15 x3.5 draglite wheels, they should fit if your caliper dosent stick out past the hub face(or very little) since the wheel is almost flat on the back
Old 07-22-2003, 09:27 PM

Might have to try them on. If they fit, I am game. I can pickup lug nuts at a Napa in Ionia that should work. I hope

Q
Old 07-22-2003, 09:31 PM

OK, dreamer is taking them, if they fit, if not, I will have them at the Nat's, look for a Blue 89 IROC w/crome centerline warrior wheels
Old 07-22-2003, 09:41 PM

Sweet, thanks Dave. I will be there on Saturday morning early. Look for the Red droptop....with the license plate..."IH8RICE" Cant miss me.

Q
Old 07-22-2003, 11:01 PM

just an FYI Q, you will need spacer plates (not sure what size, maybe 1/2") and you will need the special lugs for those. if you call summit they know what you need. they are long shank and flat washer style. dont know if napa will have them or not. but I do know that summit can get them here by fri. still if you order tomorrow early. like before noon. they come in sets of 4, so you will have to buy 3 sets. also, I have a set of 5" drag lite front runners w/new tires on them. 28" tall for more runout and a little better street driving manners. Im turning the car into more of a track car that will cruise a little so Id rather have the thinner set. Id sell mine for $150, then buy dave's rims for sure(so dave dont get screwed on his own post )

dave, def. let me know if he changes his mind. I want them if I can swing it. also, can you weight those rim/tire's please? curious what the weight diff. is between the thinner rim/tires and considering my tires are normal radials, not dedicated drag front runners.

chris
Old 07-23-2003, 05:52 AM

Chris, maybe you should bring yours along too. Maybe we can do a 3 wayswap and everyone will come out happy. I like the idea of streetability on the fronts. But now I dont know what the hell to do. I will say this, I have a set of slicks with wheels for the rear, and I dont know what the wheels are. If either set matches, that would rock.

Q
Old 07-23-2003, 06:36 AM

I'm calling Summit today to get the spacers and lugs. Chris, bring yours and I will take them, then you can buy Daves. Should work well, and I will have the streetability I was looking for too. Good stuff.

Q

Also, any way you can give me some of the dimensions of the wheels so I dont sound like a jackass when I call Summit?

Last edited by dreamer1q; 07-23-2003 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:42 AM

Ok, called summit, and per their salesman "Vinnie", I would have to run a open ended stud to get enough bite to be safe. That is definetly not something I want to have to do. Does anyone have any more info on this?

Q

Old 07-23-2003, 06:13 PM

yeah, they want to see open end lugs and longer studs. but Ive heard of people goin w/o. I dont have to worry about this on my Iroc cause my brakes are the old style and clear the rims w/o the spacers in between. I know SLP makes some studs, but I dont know the dimensions off hand. then you need to install the studs ofcourse. I'll try to bring them anyways, and I'll bring my bolts/washers and spacers that I have sitting around and we can see if they look like it would be a problem if you want.

chris
Old 07-23-2003, 07:56 PM

As long as you dont mind bringing them, even though I might not take them now. That is cool. I am still game to try them, and see if they will work. Maybe we will get lucky.

Q

Quick Reply: FS : Weld Draglite front runners