Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

FS: Lots of parts and my Nitto's

Old 08-28-2002, 07:10 PM

Post FS: Lots of parts and my Nitto's

I have a few things that I've removed from the car lately that I'm putting up for sale. Let me know if you're remotely interested, most of it will go fairly cheap just because I don't want this stuff in the garage any more!

1) 10 Bolt TA Cover - Tentatively going to Z-FBody
2) Blown Zexel Torsen posi - Needs a rebuild
3) 10 Bolt rear axle housing only, no axles. I would keep the current posi and ring and pinion in it if interested.
4) 3.42 Ring and Pinion gears
5) GM Posi with the 4 standard spider gears
6) SLP Airlid
7) 25mm (~1" thick) wheel offset spacers with lugs, only have two that I used on the rear wheels.
8) 16 x 9" GM/SLP Take off rims with Nitto tires (still some life left)

------------------
Grand Rapids, MI
2002 WS6
http://www.sigma-epsilon.org/steve
stevedertien@attbi.com
Whisper Lid, Grotyohann Headers and Y-pipe, Corsa Exhaust, BMR SFC's, McLeod Single Disk, Spohn Torque Arm, LCA and Panhard Rod and much more to come
Old 08-28-2002, 07:13 PM

How much for the T/A cover? Definatly interested.

Joe
Old 08-28-2002, 07:19 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Duke:
How much for the T/A cover? Definatly interested.

Joe
</font>
Z-Fbody has dibs on it at the moment. I probably should have held that one off the list for now. doh!
Old 08-28-2002, 07:29 PM

What ya want out of the Nittos. Dont need the wheels if you wanted to keep them, but wouldnt mind a used set of nittos for the Red Rag. Espically as little as I go to the track, they would work for now. Let me know

------------------
Arrest ME Red 1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible
just a chip and a muffler, well maybe some headers

First run EVER
R/T - .675 (on a pro tree)
60 FT - 1.943
1/4 - 13.969 @ 98.77
http://home.attbi.com/~mycamaro/
Old 08-28-2002, 08:16 PM

Quentin, you've got mail.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:03 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
I have a few things that I've removed from the car lately that I'm putting up for sale. Let me know if you're remotely interested, most of it will go fairly cheap just because I don't want this stuff in the garage any more!

1) 10 Bolt TA Cover - Tentatively going to Z-FBody
</font>

I still want it!!

I get paid Friday...but I will be going out of town for the weekend. I just moved to the grand rapids area, but I didn't have any furniture. My G/F's sister is getting all new stuff, so she said we can have her old items if we get them this weekend.

That means a 12 hour road trip.

Derty, would next weekend be a good time for you? I will have the cash now (or I could mail it to you, to show good faith), but able to do it next weekend. Let me know what works best for you.

Is it possible to use your old stud kit? That would save me some cash...plus then we could super size your McMeal.

Could we install my A/C stuff???? I don't know what your plans are.....but it sure is nice that you'd help me install the rear end. Very cool.

Let me know what you want to do. Sorry this transaction is taking so long....this isn't usually how I do business.

Milo.
Old 08-29-2002, 01:35 PM

Milo,

I can certainly give you a hand installing that stuff. I am probably going to be going to the NMCA at Stanton that weekend though. So we just need to figure out when to do it all. Don't worry about the cover or stud kit, I'll hang on to it until we can get it on your car.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:56 PM

Thumbs up

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by derty:
Milo,

I can certainly give you a hand installing that stuff. I am probably going to be going to the NMCA at Stanton that weekend though. So we just need to figure out when to do it all. Don't worry about the cover or stud kit, I'll hang on to it until we can get it on your car.
</font>
Cool, thanks man.
...how about the following weekend? Sept 13th?
Old 08-29-2002, 08:52 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Z-Fbody:
Cool, thanks man.
...how about the following weekend? Sept 13th?
</font>
I'll be around.
Old 08-29-2002, 09:31 PM

That GM posi(line 5), what is it out of and what do you want for it?
Old 08-29-2002, 11:24 PM

Talking

I too am also interested in the blown posi.How much do ya want for it??? Do you know how much a rebuild kit is??
Thanks
James

------------------
91 Z-28 Convertible 305 H.O. 210 RWHP
crane hi-6,holley reg,air foil,3:73 richmonds,Ed Wright stage 2 chip,msd wires,SLP headers,best e.t 14.4@99.02mph

91 Mustang 5.0 LX Convertible. A4, FMS 9mm plug wires, Denso Plugs.Best E.T. 16.097 @ 86.89mph.Best 60 ft 2.4

(Retired 1995 S-10 Blazer 4X4, 230,000 Mi
Leland RD burnout Champ!!!)
Old 08-30-2002, 07:19 AM

The GM Posi is a take out unit from Weller Auto. My car is the only one that it's been used in. I believe the unti itself is out of a S-10. It's actually pretty decent and a lot beefier than the Torsen. To get a new differential Posi or Non Posi is about $125, which is what I paid for it a month ago. I'll let it go for $80.

As far as the blown posi goes, I'm not sure how much or where to get a rebuild kit from for the Torsen. But for most other posi's you can get a kit. I would call a place like DTS or D & R Driveline here in GR (actually Jenison) and see what it would take. I don't want much for it though, only $20.
Old 08-30-2002, 11:29 AM

so, do you think that GM Posi(line 5) will work in an 89 Camaro(stock 7.5 10bolt)?, if so , I may consider buying it this weekend if you will be in town, I'm passing through Grand Rapids on sat. & mon. and will be in Grand Haven all weekend
Old 08-30-2002, 02:16 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dave89IROC:
so, do you think that GM Posi(line 5) will work in an 89 Camaro(stock 7.5 10bolt)?, if so , I may consider buying it this weekend if you will be in town, I'm passing through Grand Rapids on sat. & mon. and will be in Grand Haven all weekend</font>
I'm pretty sure it will fit. The 7.5 hasn't really ever changed. I can dig it out of the axle for you tomorrow and take the ring gear off it. The bearings and races will come with it though. I'll email you my cell phone number. I'll be at Stanton tonight running the car, so Nextel doesn't work there. Probably will be out of touch after 6PM.
Old 08-30-2002, 03:28 PM

ok, since I sold you the carrier, I figure I can give ya a hand on this one. The carrier you have is a 28 spline. MOST, but not all 89 camaros came with 26 spline axles. Here is where it gets tricky. The 89 camaro is a gray area, sometimes things went into production early. So it is worth the time to look at the axle shafts in the 89 to see if it is a 28 or 26 spline design. If you have the 28 spline axles in the camaro, this carrier will work. Other wise it wont. Another way to tell, is look on the ring inside the housing. On the outer edge where the stampings usually are you will need to look for a stamping of 7 5/8. if this is there it is a 28 spline, anything else is a 7 1.2 and there fore a 26 spline. I love my job

------------------
Arrest ME Red 1994 Camaro Z28 Convertible
just a chip and a muffler, well maybe some headers

First run EVER
R/T - .675 (on a pro tree)
60 FT - 1.943
1/4 - 13.969 @ 98.77
http://home.attbi.com/~mycamaro/

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FS: Lots of parts and my Nitto's