Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Black Mullet is outa here..

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2002, 11:03 PM

Black Mullet is outa here..

I fixed the fuel pump, only to discover that there were 5 bent pushrods, and at least 2 bent valves. The guy obviously got drunk & over reved the car. It pushed the studs up out of the block.

I had an offer I couldn't refuse, so it went bye bye. Dont worry, proceeds will go go to make BS go faster

Thanks to those who gave me tips on the car. I'm sure another one will come along.
Old 10-02-2002, 11:28 PM

Angry

I am sorry to see that Black Mullet had to go by the wayside I think you gave up too soon But as we all know MONEY TALKS AND BULL$HIT WALKS .What do ya do??You still want thoes heads for the new owner right?? Let me know.

R.I.P. Black Mullet
Old 10-03-2002, 12:39 PM

You sold it already!!!

Oh well, now you don't need to worry about it getting fixed and how much it would cost. I kind of wanted it in a way but no extra money. Also my brother Danny would have liked it but also no money.

Harold, when are you going up to Stanton? Are you staying Friday night? Don't know when I should go.

See you there!

Andy
Old 10-03-2002, 03:35 PM

Andy,
You Ba$tard........ I can't believe I was'nt one of your top three choices of people to meet at M7. Geez,I thought you were a friend. The trans is awsome but now I have developed a new weak link since having the old weak link rebuilt.It appears I only have a one tire fire going on now that I am getting a little power to the rear.My teacher has a whole rear end he said he'd sell me for $75 with a good posi and 3.27 gears in it. I was going to buy it,then I was'nt cuz I wanted to go with at least 3.55's or 3.73's but now that the posi is gone I really cant beat the deal.I will upgrade to 3.73's later on down the road,probably when I get home.The 3.27's will help some though,especially when stepping up from ???? yup you guessed it 2.73's. Why does every car I have ever owned started life out with 2.73's?? My 80 Monte Carlo,89 Camaro RS, 86 T/A, and my Vert all had them.Must be a magic Number. I also found out what my next car will be today. laugh if you must but I got to drive a 94 or 95 Caddy Eldorodo today with the northstar in it. Needless to say when I put the loud pedal down, it motated. I was pretty impressed for stock.I wonder what kind of products there are in the aftermarket world for these cars???
Old 10-03-2002, 07:11 PM

Sorry Andy, but it's a gonner. Cash in hand. It would have been a nice project, but I think I would rather put that kinda effort into a 69, if I was going to restore a car. The new buyer plans to restore it. I'll make sure you get a look at it when it is finished.

I would like tohead up on Fri, but it's looking like rain, so will play it by ear. Probably go up on Sat morning.