Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Bad news AGAIN....anybody wanna lend a hand

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2003, 01:32 PM

Unhappy Bad news AGAIN....anybody wanna lend a hand

Well, after the run back home from the dyno, we had a funny noise in the passenger side valve cover. After pulling it off, we found that we had a oiling problem. Not enough oil to the top end, roached 3 rockers. Talking with the builder today, he is gonna fix everything. BUT, I have to pull this damn thing again. If anyone wants to lend a hand, drinks and food is on me. Gonna start on it tomorrow, maybe tonight. DAMN DAMN DAMN

Q
Old 05-12-2003, 01:42 PM

Re: Bad news AGAIN....anybody wanna lend a hand

Originally posted by dreamer1q
Well, after the run back home from the dyno, we had a funny noise in the passenger side valve cover. After pulling it off, we found that we had a oiling problem. Not enough oil to the top end, roached 3 rockers. Talking with the builder today, he is gonna fix everything. BUT, I have to pull this damn thing again. If anyone wants to lend a hand, drinks and food is on me. Gonna start on it tomorrow, maybe tonight. DAMN DAMN DAMN

Q
If I can pull the gas cash together I'll be there either tonight or tomorrow, take your pick
Old 05-12-2003, 01:52 PM

If it's tomorow I may be able to help out. Need directions though.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:00 PM

Tomorrow would work better. I can get everything arranged tonight and set for tomorrow. I have to get the engine hoist there, and I will clean up the tools so I know where everything is at. Thanks Mike, and if you need me to I will kick a few bucks back from those wires to cover your gas. I just figure the more hands pulling it apart the faster I can get it back on the road. I will let you know if all goes well tonight on getting it ready for tomorrow. It took me about 6 hours by myself to pull it out the first time. Should go faster this time

Q
Old 05-12-2003, 02:13 PM

tomorrow would probably work better for me too
Old 05-12-2003, 02:26 PM

Also, it will have to be a night thing. I will be at work till 5 and wont be able to start till 5:30. Anyone who can show up will get dinner and drinks, and a very big THANK YOU. Plus a ride some time or another.

Q
Old 05-12-2003, 03:26 PM

Q, you know I am there for ya buddy. I'll give ya a ride in my car considering that I can get the damn thing running.... again.

By the way, I HATE DOING RIGHT OFF THE DRAWING BOARD AND ON TO THE CAR MODS! Friggin Holley sends you this chincy little schraeder valve thats gotta be torqued to like 40 ft lbs.... (guessing, because thats how hard I was cranking on it) and the damn thing is made of brass so you can imagine what happens the FIRST time you slip with the wrench on it. Stripped.....
Old 05-12-2003, 03:27 PM

Q-man, I would come and help out if I could... but this week is "tech week" for the Bach Festival performance of Bach's B-minor mass and there are rehearsals I can't miss.

Maybe my brother can come help out. He's a night owl anyway.
Old 05-12-2003, 03:41 PM

Thanks to all of you who offered to help. My cell number is 616-299-4335, if you get the time and feel like it, give me a call when you get to GR and I will guide you in. We are right by old kent ball park for those of you who know where that is. It is right off 131 just north of GR. I am going to be there around 5:30 tomorrow night, and I will stay till it is out. Thanks again

Q
Old 05-12-2003, 04:02 PM

I can help, But I don't know my A** from a spark plug, so if you need hands I can help.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:20 PM

your like 15 mins from me or so, didnt know you were that close. Post up if ya need anymore help and i should be off work by then. Never pulled one before but can lend a hand where ever I can.

Firebird16_99@yahoo.com is the email.
Old 05-12-2003, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by Yomama
I can help, But I don't know my A** from a spark plug, so if you need hands I can help.
Thats exactly why you should go. Gotta learn somewhere
Old 05-12-2003, 05:32 PM

Originally posted by ROADRAGE
Thats exactly why you should go. Gotta learn somewhere
Yeah, talk about trial by fire. Pulling your first engine out the bottom of a EFI car. You are guaranteed to learn something.

I welcome any and all help. From good old fashioned get dirty help, to a bit of comic relief. I can use all the comedy I can get right now. This REALLY sucks

Q
Old 05-12-2003, 06:11 PM

Depending on if or how fast I get my exhaust on after work I may be able to help. I've been wanting to see how one of these come out in person.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:00 PM

Originally posted by 99BlackZ28T56
I've been wanting to see how one of these come out in person.
ITs a trip thats for sure.
Q

Quick Reply: Bad news AGAIN....anybody wanna lend a hand