Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

arthroscopic surgery for me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 02:18 PM

arthroscopic surgery for me.

I'm sitting at home listening to extended sets of Emerson, Lake & Palmer, with my knee elevated and plugged into an Iceman, as I recover from this morning's arthroscopic surgery. I have large fissures in the cartilage, and a nice sized chunk of meniscus broke off and was grinding around in there.

It made it difficult to walk, but I'm feeling fine right now with Vicodin to the rescue!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like fun.

Here's to a speedy recovery!
Old 12-11-2008, 03:24 PM

I told Robvas that the recover has been good so far, as it gives me guilt-free lounge time. I've already found my next set of tires online: Kumho Ecsta XS in 275-40-17 at $168 apiece. Now I just need to order them and get 'em on the wheels. I was hoping that someone would like to help me get them onto the car some time.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ws6transam
I was hoping that someone would like to help me get them onto the car some time.

I'm pretty sure (in fact, I've witnessed it with my own eyes) that you can change a wheel yourself, but I'd be happy to help out. Give me a call when you're ready.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Ooo down time and holiday food!! I hope those are lightweight tires!!

Glad to hear it went well, don't go pushing it until they say you can.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by AutoRoc
Ooo down time and holiday food!! I hope those are lightweight tires!!

Glad to hear it went well, don't go pushing it until they say you can.
...actually, my order got aborted.

The wife mumbled something about my not being able to sign legal documents, drive, or make financial decisions involving sums greather that $500 while still under the influence of after-effects of general anesthesia & vicodin.

Then I fell aasleep.

Meh, I'll order them next week, I guess. I'll then put the car onto the jackstands for the winter, nice & high, because I also want to cherrypick the motor out and inspect the bearings, oil pump & pickup tube, and put in a new canton road race oil pan.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 AM

hey dan, sorry to hear you were having problems. sounds like the surgery went well though? also hoping you have a quick recovery. what happened? knee just started feeling all jacked up one day or did something happen?

long time no see dude, maybe next year. hows the bird? any quicker times at the ol drag strip this last season? get that tune sorted out yet?

I did just about abesolutly NOTHING car related this summer. sounds weird but its true. got to go for a race in whiplash's camaro, drove dads TA once, ummmm, thats it. crap I miss racing.

chris
Old 12-12-2008, 11:26 AM

Hi Chris,
The knees are victims of general wear & tear, of being too active for my own good, I guess. Lots of running, dirt biking, scrambling over rocks, jumping on the kids, etcetera. Lots of stairs, probably.

I tore up my right knee in 1994 while popping wheelies in my back yard on a mountain bike, and this summer both knees started hurting most every day. Then about six weeks ago my right knee just popped while I was running across a street to the hardware store. It's been painful ever since, and I spent opening day up north, hobbling 1/4 mile to my deer stand, my knee all swelled up. So the Dr. looked at it and found the torn meniscus. Hopefully we'll get the knees back into reasonable shape so that I can start riding enduros next summer.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Bad knees and I want to go ride dirt bikes. It's counter intuitive. I'm going to try and ride safely on a 58 HP 500cc race bike. It'll be a challenge but middle age sometimes kicks common sense out the door.

Perhaps next summer you'll want to come to Indy with me in May? The National Fbody Motorsports event comes to Indy this year, so it's not a 14 hour road trip this time: Only five hours. Let's get you and your dad to come out this year, eh? CamaroZ28.com has been under-represented for TOO LONG at this event!!
Old 12-12-2008, 12:39 PM

Wow Dan, take it easy buddy!

Hope it's a speedy recovery!
Old 12-12-2008, 03:11 PM

dude, that event has always sounded like a TON of fun. hmm, I'll have to look into that. atleast with dads car. Im sure JP2002 would love to come with his new (to him)
gto. that would be a blast.

I saw that bike in your sig, sounds like alot of fun. I got a cheap 79 rm125 and love to ride it. but unfortunatly havent done that much either. where do you ride at? just curiuos? st park or you got some properly to ride on?

anyways Im prolly heading down the same path as you though, playing hockey(trying my best to anyways), riding my bmx dirt bike, my 125, and my 8mo old already loves to roughhouse. I beat him every time though. almost like he's not even trying. lol.

how bout the car? anything new? mines all apart, middle of a heart transplant. maybe to sell it. for now its just sitting in the garage all apart still. no hurry. my 383's goin in my Iroc (remember the Iroc right?). its home now, looking exactly the same as it did what, 6 years ago? that is until I get time to tear into it (and money ofcourse).

later
Old 12-12-2008, 04:33 PM

The Trans Am is going to get a new Canton road race pan and an accusump with electric valving to help solve the oil pressure issues. This last summer I road-coursed it twice, driving it to Memphis & back, plus a two day race session at Gingerman. It was close to 200 miles of racing, plus about 2500 miles of street driving there & back. I also drag raced at M13. My oil pressure is doing funny things so I need to investigate.

Actually, 2008 was pretty cool! I did a more than most other summers, actually. I even fit in a stint of autocrossing with the SCCA. Now my tires are shot, so I need to buy some new rubber as well.

The WR500 is a new acquisition, and I have only had it out once. I took it up to Ionia where the Honda/Yamaha shop has a motocross track on the back of the property. They rent the track for ...get this... $10 a day. You pay the $10, sign the waiver and go hit the jumps! Nice, 1.25 mile track. I discovered that I am way out of shape, so I'm working on that this winter as well, with physical therapy, followed by lots of excercise at the SNAP fitness center. ..except now I need to buy some Asterisk cell knee braces to keep everything together.

My goal is to dualsport the WR500, then ride it up north on the trail systems near Cadillac. It'll be great, and I'd like to get you and that RM out there, maybe onto the Evart trail? It'll be tight and technical: Perfect for the 125, challenging on a 500.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ws6transam
It'll be tight and technical: Perfect for the 125, challenging on a 500.
"Challenging" might be an understatement.

Hmmm, I think I'll try driving a nitro funny car at the next Detroit Region SCCA autocross.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:45 PM

well, never been on a trail yet myself. so Im sure it would be challenging for me too. I never had a bike of any kind before I bought this one. got it for $220, put about $150 into some parts and now its perfect and pretty much unmolested. very good shape really. except the gas tank is a little dented up. lol. but leak free. it runs perfect, except I remember the first year I got it seems like once it got really hot there was something funny bout the clutch.....hmmm, dont remember. just been riding it across the street there is a huge housing develepment. they cleared it, flattened it, put the roads in with sand. then built 4 houses right out by the main road. so its perfect for me to go over there and mess around and learn how to ride on a pretty straight and mostly flat area thats wide open. where the yards will be is really weedy and the begining of the year is really short stuff so you can ride throught it too. but middle/end of the year its very tall weeds/grass and stuff. so I just stay on the road surface. but my bike is HELLA loud. that keeps me from riding too long cause I dont want to **** off the surrounding neighborhood and have the cops called. been wanting to buy an enduro muffler cause those are super quiet. not sure how much power it'll kill, but the 125 has some power to spare for me anyways.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by JakeRobb
"Challenging" might be an understatement.

Hmmm, I think I'll try driving a nitro funny car at the next Detroit Region SCCA autocross.
I'll share my WR if you share your nitro funny car! ??deal?? :deal:
Old 12-13-2008, 01:23 PM

You need a Canton road race pan? Is your engine a 1 piece rear main seal? If so, I have a Canton road race pan for sale, needs paint.

Quick Reply: arthroscopic surgery for me.