Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Aren't I special????

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 01:39 PM

Talking Aren't I special????

I just came from the camaroz28.com home page where a pop up ad informed me I was the 1,000,000th visitor to the site and that I was eligible for................

.............a special deal on a vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Something tells me that I'm not the only "special visitor" out there!!!

RRRR, extra special, send the short bus!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2002, 04:15 PM

George - Maybe you are special. I don't remember seeing that pop up ad.

Iroc - You have to remember, they don't give away band width for free. Neither Chris Frezza or Jason Debler are getting rich of this site. In fact, I doubt they make much if anything from this site. The ads are here to support the site so we don't all have to pay a membership fee for the right to use it. I hate pop up ads too, but they are there for a reason.
Old 11-24-2002, 05:23 PM

I see your point, Scott. What I find hard to comprehend is why sites like MM have no pop-ups, no fees or dues, and no complaints.

I know Chris and Jason aren't getting rich off of this site, but I would expect that it would be run as any business and make some sort of profit. I just think that pop-ups suck...
Old 11-24-2002, 05:36 PM

Originally posted by 94_Z28_ragtop
George - Maybe you are special. I don't remember seeing that pop up ad.

Iroc - You have to remember, they don't give away band width for free. Neither Chris Frezza or Jason Debler are getting rich of this site. In fact, I doubt they make much if anything from this site. The ads are here to support the site so we don't all have to pay a membership fee for the right to use it. I hate pop up ads too, but they are there for a reason.
Whos George?

Thats Randy
Old 11-24-2002, 06:34 PM

Originally posted by PhantomTA
Whos George?

Thats Randy
Woops! My mistake. I didn't look that closely at the screen name. I thought it was George (RRRMBL) with the Z06 but now that I think about it I think he changed his screen name to Torxilla.

Mike - While you didn't have to be a member of Motown Muscle to use the bulletin board, you did have to pay a yearly membership fee to be a member of the club. I'm sure that went toward paying for the site. I believe they just ditched the membership fee though so maybe we'll see advertising over there??? Also, I think the MM board runs of of CZ28.com servers. Either way, I'm not trying to stir anything up I just wanted to point that out because a lot of people forget.

Last edited by 94_Z28_ragtop; 11-24-2002 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-24-2002, 10:18 PM

I always knew that you were "special" RRRR
Old 11-25-2002, 05:33 PM

Oh, I understand the need for ads, even pop-ups, as much as I hate them. What I want to know is if I really was the one millionth visitor to camaroz28.com or if that was just some lame-***, chicken**** ploy to sell vacation packages and that other unsuspecting visitors are told the same thing!!!

If I'm really the millionth visitor, shouldn't I be getting something really cool like a new Z28, or a CamaroZ28.com limited edition full leather jacket?

If not either of those, I'd settle for that CamaroZ28.com fur lined, real leather, embroidered thong (size 2X) that Hink thinks he's getting for xmas from Sue.

RRRR, still riding the short bus!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 06:03 PM

Originally posted by RRRR
Oh, I understand the need for ads, even pop-ups, as much as I hate them. What I want to know is if I really was the one millionth visitor to camaroz28.com or if that was just some lame-***, chicken**** ploy to sell vacation packages and that other unsuspecting visitors are told the same thing!!!

If I'm really the millionth visitor, shouldn't I be getting something really cool like a new Z28, or a CamaroZ28.com limited edition full leather jacket?

If not either of those, I'd settle for that CamaroZ28.com fur lined, real leather, embroidered thong (size 2X) that Hink thinks he's getting for xmas from Sue.

RRRR, still riding the short bus!!!
Sorry, I got the same pop-up about two weeks ago. Then again last week.