Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

Anyone play Halo on X-box?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 08:09 AM

Anyone play Halo on X-box?

Got one for X-mas. I heard that Halo was a good game, so I bought that, and a game pack that has pac man, galaga, dig dug & those kinda games (in case Rebecca ever stops by ).

My first time playing Halo, my nephew and I played for 8 hrs! We only stopped because we got tired.

Do I need a memory card to save all those levels? I thought the X-box had memory for this, and the memory cards were only for when I went to a friends house to play.

Also, when I am playing a level I have already played, can I run ahead to where I am supposed to be? Or do I have to stop and shoot everything up, dam aliens. I'm new to this stuff, so maybe someone has a good web site for beginners like me. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2003, 08:31 AM

The X-Box has a 8 gig hard drive in it. So you don't need to worry about memory cards. I haven't played Halo lately, but if I remember correctly, it saves everything as you play. So if you stop and go back in, you can play anywhere up the level you have already played.
Old 01-07-2003, 09:01 AM

yeah, Halo is fun. I played that over my friends house. You need to get BMXXX. I heard it is uncensored for the X-Box.
Old 01-07-2003, 10:05 AM

hell yah halo is the shiznit. try getting 3 other people with xboxes and halo, then you can link all 4 to a system game and have 16 people playing on 4 different computers, now thats insane! another good game for xbox is dead to rights
Old 01-07-2003, 10:11 AM

Halo is THE game for Xbox. Every Thursday a bunch of my buddies get together and we link them together for 4 Vs 4 or more...

During the levels, you do not absolutely have to kill everything to move to the next checkpoint, however depending on what difficulty level you are playing on, the enemy's get smarter. If you play on legendary, they will follow you, they will back each other up, lure you around a corner where 10 of the SOB's are waiting, etc...

Jason
Old 01-07-2003, 06:32 PM

halo rules!!

I dont have a system but I play it alot at my cousins. Him and his freinds play all the time and are really good. They never play against the computer, always against other players or online. They are playing 4 people usually 3 nights a week. And usually once a week someone will bring over another box and 4 people play in the basement against 4 people upstairs, usually capture the flag. I am always the sniper.

Maybe you guys should organize something?
Old 01-07-2003, 06:58 PM

Hey harold, i got one for x-mas to. awesome game. We'll have to hook up sometime and play( i have to warn you i do not lose at this game) cya jerry
Old 01-08-2003, 12:20 AM

I'm 5 minutes away from turning in some American Express points and getting an XBox and some games. About time I used some of my points for something fun. Considering they don't sell car parts on points through AMEX. I'll have to look at getting Halo as well as Splinter Cell.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:29 AM

I think I'm gonna need some more time with it befor I start trying to kick anyones butt. I'm going through the levels, on Easy, and when I get through all the levels like that, I'll go through and up the intensity. So far, it's cool. Stop by Jerry, we'll play. I'm living with Bridget on 21 again.

Once I get good, then I would like to get some guys/girls, together & play.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:48 AM

Originally posted by derty
I'm 5 minutes away from turning in some American Express points and getting an XBox and some games. About time I used some of my points for something fun. Considering they don't sell car parts on points through AMEX. I'll have to look at getting Halo as well as Splinter Cell.
Good move! I got an X-box for Christmas and love it so far. If you are thinking about Splinter Cell, consider Ghost Recon too. I have the Live kit and play Ghost Recon online and its a blast. Here are the rest of the games that I have:

Halo: Great game. It it playable online? I havent checked it out yet.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 2003: Awesome game!
Dead to Rights: Another fun one.
Ghost Recon: Online play is a lot more fun than single player missions.
Splinter Cell: Another great game!
Wreckless - The Yakuza Missions: Worst ever. Glad I only payed $10 for it at Blockbuster.
Jedi Starfighter: OK, not really worth buying though. I got it free with my Xbox.
Jet Set Radio Future: I loved this game for Dreamcast, and its still cool on Xbox.
Sega GT 2002: OK game. Gran Turismo is still way better.

Maybe after the LAN party we should organize some kind of console party where we can play a bunch of multiplayer games.
Old 01-08-2003, 10:22 AM

I might be able to organize somthing in Warren (About 10 and Van Dyke). My buddies house has room for for boxes and has a LAN built in...
Old 01-08-2003, 08:27 PM

All right harold sounds good. Im still working afternoons so what time you usually get up in the mornings or are you around on sundays thats about the only day i get off any more if im lucky...jerry
Old 01-08-2003, 11:22 PM

I have ghost recon for PS2, and it's worse than a crack addiction!