Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

anyone have an opti on their shelf? lol!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2004, 07:33 AM

Location: Windsor, Canada: Home of the FASTEST LT1 & LS1 6 spds :)
Thumbs down anyone have an opti on their shelf? lol!!!

i am 99.9% sure my opti is ****ed!!! timing couldn't be more ****ed! superfest and it is a long weekend!
car will not fire, fuel pressure ok, coil works fine, NOTHING from the ****ing opti ****! oh well!

sorry had to vent!
Old 07-03-2004, 09:36 PM

Sorry about your troubles Taner, that bites. If it makes you feel any better, I got a flat tire 100 miles away from home
Old 07-04-2004, 02:11 AM

That kinda sucks. Couldn't you "borrow" the one off the '94?

The opti going bad is actually your fault you know. Remember a few weeks back at N vs S you mentioned you have never had a problem with your opti................you jinxed yourself buddy.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:32 AM

Auto Zone had them, so do a few of the other parts place. Some of them are open today.

I was hoping to catch up with you this weekend. Are you going to show up to the Superfest to browse around?
Old 07-04-2004, 07:43 PM

Put a crank trigger on it and be done Taner
Old 07-04-2004, 09:44 PM

well i put a new opti on today, lmao!! i think my Meziere water pump has decided to go south after 4 years, lol!!!! couldn't it have gone a couple of days ago!!!

got car buttoned up, filled rad, got it warm added some more water.....go out for short cruise.

well i got to lean into it a few times, it felt pretty good! heck it felt great. then i look down at the temp gauge and it was gettin' up there! so i shut it down, pull into a Tim hortons and top up the rad. so it cools down, i jump onto expressway and head home, i am only about 3 miles from home, well the gauge started creeping up on me??? wtf! the water was boiling out of the rad cap. hmmmm? so at this point i am less then a mile from home, pur another 1/2 litre in and coasted home, getting some speed and coasting , lol!!! wierd thing was the temp gauge would go up and then come down , only thing i a nthink is the water pump decided to give out on me intermittently!

or is it possible it is the thermostat? is there anyway to check the thermostat? i am going to change it regardless, i wonder if the stores are open tomorrow?

Steve,
Crank trigger you say? hmmmm i would like to discuss that with you a bit more via email, or if it is ok i could give you a call.

harold,

i wanted to go but oh well! there is always next year.

i need t change the title, anyone have a Meziere pump on the shelf, lol!!!!

did i emntion that when i shook my old opti it sounded like an unopened jigsaw puzzle. lmao!!! i want to open it up and take a look inside.

Last edited by taner; 07-04-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:05 PM

I sent my Meziere in for a freshen up last year, they rebrush it and new seals for $50 plus shipping. One week turn around
Old 07-04-2004, 10:50 PM

Hot Rod,

do they test it for function, to see if it is in need of a rebuild?

thanks
taner
Old 07-04-2004, 10:52 PM

Fully tested for amp draw and flow rating specs.
Mez recmends the R&R that I had done every so many hours of use. Don't remember the hour # buT I started having the type of issues you are talking about having. The brushes are worn and the motor is slowing the flow.

I went 5 summers on it before the R&R service. I put some miles or "hours" on it that included driving two hotrod power tours, two trips to Memphis, one trip to St louis, route 66, and countless weekend cruises.

Last edited by Hot Rod Hawk; 07-04-2004 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:59 PM

thanks a bunch Jeff for your feedback! i am sure i have reached those hours! i may just swap it, replace it and sell i, or keep as a spare!
Old 07-04-2004, 11:39 PM

Who are you kidding.. your going to keep it as a spare

Sorry I missed SF... issue with the bike and stuff. But hoping to have that cleared up Tuesday when everything is open again
Old 07-05-2004, 02:49 AM

Taner is there a chance your fans aren't coming on? If the water is boiling in the rad than its not getting cooled, and the only place it can get hot is in the block so the pump is probably moving coolant. I remember you mentioning in the spring when you went to DFI that you had fan issues, maybe they came back.
You said the gauge would go up and down. Did it go up when you slowed and coasted? The lack of air throught the rad from a slower speed would explain the rise in temp then when you sped up it cools.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:41 AM

manual fan switch it runs all the time, what jeff said makes sense, especially since he experienced it. if the h20 pump worked but no fans i could still drive it on the highway, enough airflow to keep it cool, but without circulation, it is instant heat! because only the water in the rad is being cooled! i hope that made sense. plus the h2o pump doesn't sound as loud as it did day last week. normally when i turn key to on position, i can clearly hear it running, now i have to put my hand on it to feel it running.

thanks for the input though! i do appreciate all feedback.

Steve,

yeah you are right, a spare! lol! nothing wrong with that, then next time i just swap, and go, then send other unit for rebuild! i didn't get to go to SF either ahh broken car! lol! fixed and broken again! lmmfao!!!!

Last edited by taner; 07-05-2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:07 AM

Yo Taner...
check your radiator cap and system for pressure..if it gets weak..
it will act that way...

good luck..Broh..
Matt
Old 07-05-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by MattSLONOMO
Yo Taner...
check your radiator cap and system for pressure..if it gets weak..
it will act that way...

good luck..Broh..
Matt
matt,

cap is only a couple of years old, i still have stock one i could try.

i am going to pull the pump and take a look.

i will update later.

Quick Reply: anyone have an opti on their shelf? lol!!!