Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Wisconsin

anyone else blow the cobb webs off today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 PM

anyone else blow the cobb webs off today?

got out in the Z and man did it feel great to drive it again. I still get excited to drive my car. wha a nice f'n day.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:32 AM

Re: anyone else blow the cobb webs off today?

yea, I did actualy. not far, just to get some fast food, but it was great. even warm enough to put the windows down
Old 01-13-2006, 05:53 AM

Ya even did a little mist and shine. To bad this weekend is back to the nasty.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:25 AM

I am jealous of all of you. Chris R. if you want me to get more of the spider webbs off of your camaro and test the strength of your transmission I can probably fit some driving time into my schedule today. Just don't tell Kelly, I don't think she likes me driving her car.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:01 AM

It was defently a nice day to drive the camaro. Too bad I took the insurance off it already for the winter/storage.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:33 PM

Started mine up again to hear it with the flowmaster which won't fit when the car's not on jackstands. Removed said Flowmaster and I'm still thinking of how to make it quiet enough for the street. 4" is a must. 2 Race magnums in series with a Dynatech cone insert comes to mind but Maybe a Dynatech Oval muffler and insert would be quieter? Endless options and I have no clue which will be best.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:06 PM

Talking Re: anyone else blow the cobb webs off today?

i did to chris
Old 01-13-2006, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by detroit1994z28
It was defently a nice day to drive the camaro. Too bad I took the insurance off it already for the winter/storage.
I had winter storage ins. on mine too, but I just made a phone call and started it up again. too bad it ofcourse didnt last and now I have to call and take the collision back off.

tommy, how did it ride for the drive home? dont forget to take good care of her for me.

john, your just gonna have to wait till one day when the Iroc is back on the road. lol. or, you could just come over here and drive tommyD's Iroc. we could try some wheelies with the trans brake. haha, JK Tom.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:03 PM

I still seem to be working on mine
Old 01-13-2006, 10:36 PM

lol, i just tore mine apart to fix the clutch/trans leak

with my insurance co, i just call and tell them how long i'm going to drive it just so they know, they don't charge me extra but will take care of things if something happens..

btw new record for my AZ clutch, less than 3 weeks of street driving/breaking engine in..
now i'm trying a spec 3!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:26 AM

I had to charge my battery just so I could go drive it (ever since I installed my in-dash carPC my battery drains like a ****) but not only did I drive it around, I even got to take the ttops off just to prove that 50 degree weather after a long stretch of 10's and 20's is GREAT weather to have the ttops off!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:57 AM

missenation, you should put that thing on a switch cause constantly draining the battery is not good for the batt.. also, are you sure you didnt accidently hook it up to batt. power INSTEAD of switched power? not sure how its supposed to be wired, but either way if you put a switch on the power side you can easily switch it off when your not using it.
chris
Old 01-14-2006, 11:47 AM

I actually didn't even start my Z this past thursday. 53, sunny, and dry. I had my crotch rocket out all day. How nice. Put like 50 miles on it. Probably would have put more on it if I hadn't had 6 hours of school.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:25 PM

Well, I took the GTA out, but not untill after dark. I locked my only set of daily driver keys in it (bone head move, I know), so I got the spare GTA keys and went over to the local Chrysler dealer and had a new key made up. Got in the daily driver, retrieved the keys and now I have a spare too.

Too bad I got home too late to have any fun in the GTA
Old 01-14-2006, 04:29 PM

Yeh, that's what I'm going to have to do. Wiring the power supply was pretty easy, one 12v power straight from the battery, ground, and then 12v switched source (tapped into the radio power wire). Measured it out today, the power supply was drawing about 1/3rd amps per hour while the car was off, just enough to drain the battery if the car sits for 6 days. Going to either wire in a manual switch pretty soon here, right now I just yanked the fuse out of the power wire.

Originally Posted by IrocSS85
missenation, you should put that thing on a switch cause constantly draining the battery is not good for the batt.. also, are you sure you didnt accidently hook it up to batt. power INSTEAD of switched power? not sure how its supposed to be wired, but either way if you put a switch on the power side you can easily switch it off when your not using it.
chris

Quick Reply: anyone else blow the cobb webs off today?