Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

thinking of selling the Z... your thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM

you know if you plan it right you only have to miss a few weeks

I think if Liz were into it then it would be a totally different story. But she never was into it, never will be into it and I married here knowing that. Liz could care about racing like I care about shoes. No big deal. We have plenty of other things we both enjoy doing together.

Now Sam will be into it I think. He loves to pretend he is driving a car and climbs into the Yukon and pretends to drive it all the time. I change oil and guess who is laying on the cardboard next to me? Guess who is holding the hose when the car is getting washed? Guess who would be sitting in the back seat of an SS vert ?

I think I'll sit on it till early next year then put it up for sale. I will not budge on the price. Zero negotiation, if it sells then it sells... if not it will wait in the garage.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by 5SPDCHK
... No - the Z is not a 6 speed. You should know by now that an auto is the way to go for bracket racing! And this car is a factory freak... 13.67 with NO mods and 80,000 miles!!!
Jax, Does the camaro have t-tops, power locks/windows, CD (radio)? For $3k you have me thinking.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by kazman
Jax, Does the camaro have t-tops, power locks/windows, CD (radio)? For $3k you have me thinking.
Haha... It has t-tops and power locks/windows but I don't know about CD - probably though. They never buy anything that isn't loaded. I honestly don't know what my dad would let it go for but I can certainly ask. They've been kicking around getting a vette for a while now!

And Brian - There's no way to plan it where I only have to miss 3 months - unless I drive while I'm pregnant and I'm definitely not doing that! At least not knowingly! Ideally, it will happen at the end of next summer / beginning of next fall. I'll deliver in June/July and have the summer off. And possibly race too - not sure though about that one until I get there. I would miss 4-5 months of the beginning of 2011 racing season and the end of the 2010 racing season. No big deal though - I'm just hoping to race next March/April through August/September. I do have a plan but I'm sure it'll be tough to execute.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Haha... It has t-tops and power locks/windows but I don't know about CD - probably though. They never buy anything that isn't loaded. I honestly don't know what my dad would let it go for but I can certainly ask. They've been kicking around getting a vette for a while now!
Did someone say vette???? '09's have been discounted plus $4k rebate.
http://www.kerbeck.com/
Old 10-09-2009, 03:12 PM

How does your wife feel about selling the camaro? Mine knew I loved it so she convinced me to keep it. Is the car paid off? Does it still have rear seats? Would car seats in the back be an option for you? Then you could take the whole family out for a nice day cruise. Could you get your fix from crusing around once the little ones are asleep? I get mine when my little ones fall asleep. Then I get to roll out for a little bit. Little ones are 2 & 4 yr old. I've had my car before the youngest was born. Once winter hits the car sits for 6+ months. If I didn't have the sts kit I could drive it in the snow.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Z
How does your wife feel about selling the camaro? Mine knew I loved it so she convinced me to keep it. Is the car paid off? Does it still have rear seats? Would car seats in the back be an option for you? Then you could take the whole family out for a nice day cruise. Could you get your fix from crusing around once the little ones are asleep? I get mine when my little ones fall asleep. Then I get to roll out for a little bit. Little ones are 2 & 4 yr old. I've had my car before the youngest was born. Once winter hits the car sits for 6+ months. If I didn't have the sts kit I could drive it in the snow.
This car is no longer even close to being street legal. Hence his problem. He needs to trailer the car to the track to drive it. I think the last time this car was street driven was back in '03. I remember we were detained by Englishtown's finest comming home from the track.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:36 PM

And Brian - There's no way to plan it where I only have to miss 3 months - unless I drive while I'm pregnant and I'm definitely not doing that! At least not knowingly! Ideally, it will happen at the end of next summer / beginning of next fall. I'll deliver in June/July and have the summer off. And possibly race too - not sure though about that one until I get there. I would miss 4-5 months of the beginning of 2011 racing season and the end of the 2010 racing season. No big deal though - I'm just hoping to race next March/April through August/September. I do have a plan but I'm sure it'll be tough to execute.

I post a couple pics later and you will instantly be in baby mode

Originally Posted by kazman
Did someone say vette???? '09's have been discounted plus $4k rebate.
http://www.kerbeck.com/
You know I saw a couple coupes for sale... 00-02 for pretty decent price.

What's an FRC? I found like 4 vettes and people advertise they are an FRC??? never heard of it I'm not a huge vette guy. The only thing I noticed in common is they were all hard top with a 6 speed.

Originally Posted by Sleepy_Z
My wife doesn't care. She thinks it would be fun to have a car we could all go out in but she also doesn't want me to regret selling my current Z. I told her regret is a natural feeling anytime you give up something you worked hard for. But I worked my butt off for my old house too. Do I regret selling it? No, I miss my garage and I loved that house as well it was my first. But I love my new house too, and I have tons of room for improvement here as well. I learned alot on the old house and I can apply those learnings to the new one. Same thing with the car I think. I would miss it but for the right driver I think I could still be very happy.

There is no way I can make mine a driver... way beyond that. No back seats, 550+ hp solid roller motor and really big, non street friendly attitude, 8pt bar, zero street safety stuff... I couldn't register it anymore, especially not here in NJ. Maybe in your neck of the woods you could but not here, no way. If I want a street car again I have to sell it if it would even sell.

Last edited by Projectz28; 10-09-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:57 PM

I like where your going w/ this one....The ws6 would be a great idea. You've been working on this LT forever and havent ran it in years right? A bolt on/ cam'd LS1 would be putting down similar numbers as your Lt1 and probably be much easier to live w/ day to day.
Old 10-15-2009, 04:04 PM

I did get it out this year once... needs some tweaking for sure . I have done a bit of research on it. I've looked at similar cars. None of them are selling and people are asking much less than I would for mine. It probably wouldnt sell anyway. But I will try. Maybe in a few months I have to get some time to pull it out and get some new pics and do a nice write up on it.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 AM

how much are you asking brian?
Old 10-20-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
how much are you asking brian?
Not sure 100% yet. It has $25k++ in parts... probably $12k-$14k in the motor alone. Oh + the car itself....

Right now I am thinking around $17k... I doubt it would sell though. I've looked around and I have seen bad *** setup cars that are not selling for $10k-$12k asking price.

I would be somewhat negotiable for a cash sale or equal trade but I dont see it happening.

Why you intrested?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
Not sure 100% yet. It has $25k++ in parts... probably $12k-$14k in the motor alone. Oh + the car itself....

Right now I am thinking around $17k... I doubt it would sell though. I've looked around and I have seen bad *** setup cars that are not selling for $10k-$12k asking price.

I would be somewhat negotiable for a cash sale or equal trade but I dont see it happening.

Why you intrested?
Sorry dude. I know you have alot of green in this car, but if im dropping money for another car it would be a c5 z06. Im going to tell my friend about your car. How many miles are on the body?
Old 10-26-2009, 10:03 AM

Also, throw up some pics and a some specs.