Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Paging ProjectZ28 and Sweet97

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:40 AM

Hey, you guys were working some kinda Opti sale right? Any chance I can borrow it?

My car went nuts this weekend, threw about 8 codes, most of which are for the opti. The Opti aint that old, but it sat on the bench for a year? So I'd like to test a different Opti before I buy a new one or start ripping the wairing harness I made apart?

If not, anyone else got a working opti for sale cheap?

RBE17, you probably got about a dozen laying around.

Aint cars fun???
Old 06-09-2008, 12:25 PM

I have one you can try. It's my backup. Been sitting for a while. Has less than 300 mile on it. Miles were racked up 1/4 at a time. I also have the one from the stock engine with about 70k. I could bring them down to the next Hooters meet which should be soon.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Well however it works out for you, I have the one Brian sent me layin here....
Old 06-09-2008, 12:35 PM

Also why dont you try taking yours apart John and looking at the insides of the opti maybe you will see something out of the ordinary and you wont be doing the swap out swap in and swap back out game lol ooo and back in with the new. Here let me just say... LS1>LT1 Wish I would have figured that out years ago. DOH!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:04 PM

Yah Jim, either one, I just want to start the car, drive it up the street and see. If it is the opti then I'll just buy a new one and be done. I just hate to spend the money if it is the wiring. And although the opti is s PITA, it's easier then taking the wiring harness all apart and chasing wires.

Harold, go to bed and get some sleep. So you're going to buy a different car build it, then what, sell it for pennies on the dollar when the next thing comes out? Yah, the LSxs may be faster, but since I don't run heads up, I'll take a good looking and consistent LT1 over your UGLY LS motor any time. of course KidAtHearts engine bay IS THE ONLY EXCEPTION! besides, I've seen you race at the track, my best advise, keep driving the jeep! Plesent dreams,,, ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......
Old 06-09-2008, 01:40 PM

Ill give ur car the goodlooking part, but consistant...well thats another story. Your car has seen what...500 miles in 6 years? LSX is far superior than the LTX. And im just sick of my car. Im not happy with it. I really want a 6 speed car and LSX's are cheaper to mod and respond to upgrades better. Beside a White FRC C5 would look great in my driveway... If you need a hand with anything dont hesitate to ask.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:34 AM

John,

I sold the only one I had. I tried to elimante Opti's from my life years ago. Are you using the complete opti or just the optical part as a cam sensor for the Electromotive?

Later,

Steve.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by RBE17
John,

I sold the only one I had. I tried to elimante Opti's from my life years ago. Are you using the complete opti or just the optical part as a cam sensor for the Electromotive?

Later,

Steve.
Right now I'm using the Opti as the factory intended until the car is running correctly. The plan is that once it's at that point I'm going to up the boost and then switch to the electomotive DFI. Since i want the engine compartment clean, the DFI/coil packs mounted eihter behind the engine ( modified Fire wall) or under the dash, and as part of the install I'll switch to the SBC distributor/cam sensor until ( drilling the intake to accept a distributor, which is only a sensor) and this will completely eliminate the opti from the engine. The only thing LT1 remaining will be the reverse cooling.

Of course, if this engine messes with me any more, I'm going to go back to plan B) the K.I.S.S. method! BIG BLOCK and CARB
Old 06-10-2008, 04:35 PM

Yeah its already up with Harold. Its a vented Opti that worked great when I took it off.

BBC and a small N2O shot and hello 8's!!!! wooo hoooo!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
Yeah its already up with Harold. Its a vented Opti that worked great when I took it off.

BBC and a small N2O shot and hello 8's!!!! wooo hoooo!
Black cars cant go that fast... jk

Last edited by Schweet97Z; 06-10-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:09 PM

Ha ha Sliderule.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:56 PM

Hey Kazman, either next week, or maybe the following week, thursday the 26th is race night so we can meet then, I think Ron needs to hook up with you too.

Maybe Bonzo will put his car on the dyno and show us what 42HP in action looks like.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:11 AM

[QUOTE=Pampered-Z;5424283]Hey Kazman, either next week, or maybe the following week, thursday the 26th is race night so we can meet then, I think Ron needs to hook up with you too. QUOTE]

Next week is good for me. Thursday night 19th. Week after that is bad. Won't be able to make the 26th. Yes, I owe Ron some stuff.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 AM

The 19th of next week works for me.

Drove the 97TA today to work. Lost more rubber. Need to hook with Jim soon... I never had these problem before the moderator here convinced me to install "oh you'll like it, ron" cam... lmao
Old 06-13-2008, 09:33 PM

why you always gotta blame your problems on me!!!!????

lol

Quick Reply: Paging ProjectZ28 and Sweet97