Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Oct 8th GTG Tyler State Park, PA. ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 03:32 PM

Re: Oct 8th GTG Tyler State Park, PA. ...

Originally Posted by 97TransAm
What year is your 94Z?
i remember that mines a '00 btw.

so are you rescheduling for tyler?
Old 10-07-2005, 07:39 PM

Yep.
Were going to raindate the GTG at Tyler State Park to the following weekend.
Like, who want's to hang around in the rain and get soaked.

The good thing it makes me behave myself with the heat cycling of the headers and then tightening the bolts. I got another 1/4 turn out 'em the last time around.
Old 10-07-2005, 07:46 PM

What year is your 94Z?
Oh i Have a 97 btw

Old 10-08-2005, 09:49 AM

Well I have my dyno backed up to Sunday morning now. That'll give me a few times to heat cycle the new headers and retighten the bolts after the third gasket install on the passenger side. Monday I'm sending my PCM out for a tune, so it'll be a nail biter to have it back on Friday.

So Eric are you suggesting a Hooter's run on Saturday evening?
will hOOters have the race on??

eric
Old 10-08-2005, 10:04 AM

I think we can over throw the existing puppet government and capture the coveted remote control, making us the ruling regime...

ummm, sorry there.

I think if we asked politely we can get one of the monitors turned to the race.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bow94z
Oh i Have a 97 btw

he wasnt aiming at you ryan, when i first met ron at a dyno day i setup, it says "97ta" on the license plate, on his business card, t-shirt i think. but i had a brain fart and asked, "so year is your car?" he just laughed.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by myslowcamaro
i had a brain fart and asked, "so year is your car?" he just laughed.
That was funny. I still laughed. I get that question down at the track also.

So yeah, Ryan, it's now just one of "those" jokes.

There's a whole other crew that chides me on what my "favorite color" is. They do this when standing in my driveway where I have the black 97 TA, black 97 Monte Carlo, black 01 Tahoe, black snowblower, black shutters on the house, black front house door and a big black "#3" flag hanging in the garage. It's one of "those" jokes.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:48 PM

hey ron, did you end up getting the car dyno'ed? i might head up in a couple weeks. just bought a ls6 intake from e-bay this morning. so ill get that mounted, i have 42# injectors for it. all ill need is to get the pcm done again and port the tb and i should be good.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:38 PM

Dale from Axcelerated Motorsports emailed me that he is up at the shop from 9 - 12 tomorrow (Sunday Oct 9th). So I emailed him back stating that I would show up around 10am.

When I get the PCM back after it's been tuned, I like to go back up again for another Dyno. I like to meet up with you again. Besides I owe you a sammywich. My only conflict is Oct 29th as that is F-body versus Mustang day at E-town and I like to go to that. It's a cool time. Plus the first two Saturdays in November are Trophy Marathon events at E-town which are my favorites. After that....

...it's %$#@!*!&^@$@^&!&!%@#%^@&^ winter!!!!

I think I have one more "tweak" on the passenger side header bolts and I will be done. Letting the pipes cool right now before another Alternator removal...
I'm getting too good at doing the belt on and off, Alt on and off, AIR on and off.... but I don't windows or the driver side.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:56 PM

hey ron, did you end up getting the car dyno'ed? i might head up in a couple weeks. just bought a ls6 intake from e-bay this morning. so ill get that mounted, i have 42# injectors for it. all ill need is to get the pcm done again and port the tb and i should be good.
Your car is gonna be one hell of a car once the LS6 intake/injectors/tune/stall is all put it.. id say a nice low 12 sec pass???
Old 10-08-2005, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by bow94z
Your car is gonna be one hell of a car once the LS6 intake/injectors/tune/stall is all put it.. id say a nice low 12 sec pass???
i dont know when im getting the tc, might be a month away, but im hoping for 11's. if not, then nnos will follow.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:39 PM

but im hoping for 11's. if not, then nnos will follow.
Now your talkin
Old 10-08-2005, 07:50 PM

My wedding schedule looks good right now Ron. I'm open for the next few weekends. I Stayed home today and my buddy brought his Buick over and we changed the trans fluid... got bored and hooked up my stock air bags to some long wires and set them in the driveway... counted down from 3 and hit the battery... BOOM!!!! LOL

That was the extent of my day.

But my latest mod is siting on an engine stand in the garage.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Projectz28
My wedding schedule looks good right now Ron. I'm open for the next few weekends. I Stayed home today and my buddy brought his Buick over and we changed the trans fluid... got bored and hooked up my stock air bags to some long wires and set them in the driveway... counted down from 3 and hit the battery... BOOM!!!! LOL

That was the extent of my day.

But my latest mod is siting on an engine stand in the garage.
Might see ya at E-town on the 22nd. Big $$$ bracket race at the Grove was rescheduled to the 29th. My latest mod was a bunch of stickers on side of the car. I don't know if I running in the EFI race or just doing a T&T. We got hit pretty hard by the rain. My basement got a bit wet and I had to get a new subpump. Unfinished basement and stuff mostly in plastic bins so no dammage just a pain in the a$$, 3 houses on the street have 7" of water. The town next to us is closed and in a state of emergency. Good news is that the rain is starting to slow and the water in my subpump hole is going down. Spent the day looking at my new belts (stupid 2 year rule), drinking beer, and checking the cellar.

Hey my air bags are in the shed.

Brian, have to ask.....383 on the way?????????
Old 10-09-2005, 07:45 AM

Jim, I got a standard bore LT1 4 bolt block off a guy in Feasterville. I think I am going to stick with a 6" rod 355. I dont have the great heads to really make a 383 or 396 really come to life so the 355 with a big cam is the most logical motor. Slowly gathering parts right now. I'm looking for a good pan, and rods right now. Then all I have to do is find a good machine shop to work over this block and help me chose any remaining parts.

Quick Reply: Oct 8th GTG Tyler State Park, PA. ...