Middle Atlantic New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania

Got the permit today! Can't wait to laugh at the neighbor!!!!

Old 11-18-2002, 05:44 PM

Got the permit today! Can't wait to laugh at the neighbor!!!!

As some of you know I am getting ready to build the "MAN'S" garage. Well it was beginning to look like it would be a battle to do it. My next door neighbor is puttin a shed in the back yard and we get along great. Bob and Donna are great people, and I am soooo glad I live next to people I get along with. They had to bring in some lumber to build the base for their new shed. My driveway runs right up to both of out back yards so they used my drive to bring in the 6x6's earlier this week. Well aparently the guy that lives next to them (2 houses down from me) saw them, and though it was lumber for my garage. Some how he knows I am building one... guess its obvious since I just cut down all the trees in the back yard. So the jerk came over and started asking questions, when he found out it was for Bob and Donna's shed he backed off. But not before telling them he wasnt happy that I was building a garage. Why? I have no idea... guess he is just jellouse. He told Bob and Donna (who imideately told me) that he was going to fight me all the way and prevent me from building it. Basically, if I needed a variance he was gonna make my life hell by not signing to allow me to build. He said to Bob that he doesnt like me and doesnt want to talk to me for some reason... I always thought I was pretty easy to get along with actually. Hes just being a jerk. Well today I got the phone call telling me that my application for the building permit was approved and ready to be picked up!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!! Its such a relife knowing that there is absolutely nothing that jerk can do now. He can whine and complain all he wants, but I have a permit and he cant stop me from building now. Garage should be up in January... just hope the weather cooperates then so I can pour the floor once its up. If we get a reall bad coold spell... the concreet will have to wait for warmer weather. But atleast the building itself will be up.

24'W x 30'D x 10'H, yeah thats 720sq feet for a 2 car garage.... is that strange that I thing the garage will be bigger than my house

oh, so anyway... does everyone have that 1 neighbor who is just upset with the world, or is it just me? I cant understand why he cares so much that someone 2 houses down is going to build a garage in the back yard. He himself has a garage on his house with a harley and all his toys inside too.... why cant I have one? I honestly think its because I am 27 and single.... hes mid to late 40's married and living in a house just like mine. Young people who work their butt's off for what they have, and hes jellous cause of what I have accomplished... Just my thoughts on it. Now I really cant wait to build the garage... im gonna sit out in the front yard, in my lounge chair watching the guys build it.... beer on one hand and the permit in the other... LOL!!!!
Old 11-18-2002, 05:54 PM

congrats bri!!!!!!

what a jerk your neighbor is

can i come over and laugh in this guys face??..hahahahaha

eric
Old 11-18-2002, 06:18 PM

imagine how pissed he is gonna be when we all come over in the sporing for the big garage warming party hehe, make sure his invite gets hand delivered....lol
hmm, i think we know where the burnouts will start when we leave b's house....lol

later
tim
Old 11-18-2002, 06:20 PM

While its under construction, lets get about 30 or 40 Fbods to come rumbling in , he'll be ready to bust a not.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Hookerf14
While its under construction, lets get about 30 or 40 Fbods to come rumbling in , he'll be ready to bust a not.

hehehe...great idea!

i'm sure he'll love my loudmouth!!!!!

eric
Old 11-18-2002, 06:42 PM

i pick up the big block 71 grand prix i just bought on wednesday
if the mufflers "accidently" come unbolted hsi neighbor may notice

later
tim
Old 11-18-2002, 07:00 PM

well brian it seems that you have enough f-body people to have a LOUD party!

eric
Old 11-18-2002, 07:32 PM

Hopefully the party wont be TOO early....i need some to get all the parts and machine work done for this lil solid roller LT1 im throwing together.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:41 PM

Was the guy there before you the jerk's drinking buddy? Maybe tha't why he has taken a shining to you. Speaking of shining, why don't you do a Jack Nicholson act on him; "here's BRIAN!!!"

Ain't you dude. There's always one in the neighborhood.

If you need help, I'm about an hour some away.
--ron
Old 11-18-2002, 08:01 PM

I know how you feel bro, your not alone. I had a neighbor that called the township on me for having a '68 442 on blocks in my own backyard!! It was a project of mine when I was 14, I had no choice but to get rid of it cause I didn't have a garage and I didn't have the money to get it running and on the road. Not like I couldve drove it anyway so it wouldve been a waste of money for me. He was such a jerkoff man cause that car would be sweet as hell and worth a lot of money right now. Some people just hate when someone has something better than they do.

And about that party! Maybe if I get to meet all of you guys one day at a meet or something, I'll get invted to it!! It sounds like fun, plus I would love to see that huge garage after it's built!

-Rick
Old 11-18-2002, 08:33 PM

One of my old neighbors always had some smart remark about how loud my car was and why I always had to work on
it. But every time he needed a tool, advice, help with his brakes, carb, whatever, then I was his best bud.

Easy, I think we need a loudmouth vrs 4" mufflex shootout. One neighbor, heck, we can get the ALL THE NEIGHBORS Pi$$ed off!

Last edited by Pampered-Z; 11-18-2002 at 08:35 PM.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:37 PM

Thumbs up

Bri, why you always causing trouble in the hood. No just kinding. The cop accross the street from my mom house hated me to. i was some young kid that had everythung and he was cop and did not have nothing. Just alittle jealous.

Yo, need to meet up at work one night to do some editing on the cars.

CONGRATES!!!! Can't wait for the party!!!!!

And to the neighbor Buddy
Old 11-18-2002, 09:48 PM

Originally posted by Pampered-Z
One of my old neighbors always had some smart remark about how loud my car was and why I always had to work on
it. But every time he needed a tool, advice, help with his brakes, carb, whatever, then I was his best bud.

Easy, I think we need a loudmouth vrs 4" mufflex shootout. One neighbor, heck, we can get the ALL THE NEIGHBORS Pi$$ed off!

john, how does that 4" mufflex sound anyway?

eric
Old 11-19-2002, 11:27 AM

Brian,

Good for you!!! That is excellent that the township didn't give you a hard time.

I myself have the perpetually pissed off neighbor that lives behind me. I live on a corner and the back of my house faces his side. I told him I was buying a shed and he flipped. Our house was built by a different builder than his. Apparently when his builder had everyone sign the agreement there were deed restrictions also. They included no sheds, fences, above ground swimming pools and washlines. I told him that was ashame and bought the shed anyway. He whined enough that his builder put trees behind the shed (on his property) so he doesn't have to look at it. He's gonna be really irritated when I store the boat beside the shed so I don't have to see it. They are just irritated at the world. So much so that my wife calls them "****" and "Moan".

I guess this one of the deals w/ living in a development / neighborhood. I have to be really careful w/ the amount of cars I keep. I parted a '94Z out and it was sitting outside for awhile. I was really afraid I was gonna get static from the township since it wasn't registered or insured.

I'm just gonna put up hedge rows on both sides of our property and continue to keep to myself.

Later,

Steve.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Banned

I got a better one for you

my cousin bought a new house and has 2 little kids(age 1 and 3 I think)

He goes to put up a (expensive & gorgous!!) fence so he can let the kidsplay in the back yard and not have to worry about some wierdo kidnapping them or them running into the street after a ball.

The nieghbors compain that its "an eye sore." and it took him over a year to put up a 6 ft fence

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got the permit today! Can't wait to laugh at the neighbor!!!!